Photo
- - - - -

My experience with Phenibut

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Highlander

• 21 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

I have few old Soviet books including one called Nootropics (Kovalev) where there are few articles dedicated to Phenibut. There is nothing on the Phnb withdrawal or hangover..In this book I see one reference to one study (from 1979) regarding night sleep improvement. However the mentioned dosage was 10 mg (!) at night. It says that there were improvements in sleep deepness, duration (+27-39min) and subjective mood in the morning. I think this is a great thing if used properly (not more than 500mg at once) and for short period of time..

#32 moleface

• 159 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

I disagree about phenibut losing its effect with repeated use. The nice overt sense of relaxation isn't there anymore if you take the stuff more than a couple times a week, but its overall anxiolytic effects are consistent for me no matter how long I take it. It's basically saved my life and allowed me to function normally without resorting to prescription psychiatric tranquilizers.

As someone who suffers from DEBILITATING lifelong anxiety related to PTSD, I think I'm just in a unique position to be able to assess the effects of anxiolytic drugs. I've recently been assessed by several psychologists who agree that I'm eligibile for SSI disability and could easily get those benefits, but I refuse to go that easy copout route and instead I've been obsessively researching mood-altering supplements to help with my symptoms. Even when phenibut loses its pronounced relaxing effects for me(which usually don't stick around beyond the first few doses), I can tell the drug is still working because it continues to very effectively dampen my panic response. Whereas everyday activities like social interactions, leaving the house, shopping etc would normally provoke violent shaking and a serious panic attack, on phenibut I just get an unseasy feeling, my heartrate increases, and the panic doesn't go any further than that. At the very worst, I get slight trembling.

This was my same experience when I had a prescription for benzos, which the psychiatrists refused to continue to prescribe me because medical orthodoxy claims that GABA agonists lose their effectiveness with longterm use. At first the medications gave me a profound overt sense of relaxation - but after a few weeks straight of taking them, this effect stabilized and the drugs continued to just dampen the severity of my panic responses without providing a very noticeable relaxing effect.

Like I said though, I don't think most people would find phenibut very effective with longterm use unless they suffer from serious anxiety like I do. In my case though, phenibut has dampened my panic attacks enough that I've been able to enroll in school and make a ton of other positive changes in my life that would've been literally impossible while dealing with my usual panic symptoms.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts
  • Location:From Hartford (Just 1/1/2014) Moved too Boston (jamica Plains)

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

As someone who has literally pursued and exhausted every avenue of therapy for my lumped high rate multiple diagnosis anxiety crisis I inevitably came across phenibut , gabob, gbl ghb gvl and a few negative trials with 1,4 but....., where phenibut is concerned it is now a must have in my arsenal of anxiolytics ( also in this arsenal are clonodine or propranolol I've found beta blockers glycine in raw amino form co administered in a 2:1 ratio with taurine and GABA a and b receptor ergics , and any pro gaba supplements and drugs that i can feasibly attain ie neurontin / gabapentin and lyrica/ pregabalin if the gods are happy........ as well as oddly enough dopamine modulators of all kinds work for my anxiety ).

I've done runs of phenibut as my main therapy ( dose for anxiety agent / true anxiolytic in my case being from a minimum of 750 mg -4 grams , the stuff does benzo esque tolerance issues and at true anti anxiety doses can bring about a nice pounding headache that is always accompanied by a purging of the gut and a brutal datura like / what the fuck happened type hangover )optimized for me if used as main agent that it be combined with pure bulk GABA , l-theanine , high dose inositol , carlsons brand l glycine , magnesium l threonate with additional mag glycinate taurinate or lastly citrate ,and 500 mg taurine caps ....................picamilon is great as an adjunct too barbituates , benzos , phenibut, theanine and gabob , back to the beast of burden Phenibut is a unique animal the phenylethylamine skeleton remains and butyric acid lingers on in the back
  • Ill informed x 1

#34 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

And this is why I believe it too be such a strong and at doses above 1 gram a real nasty molecule I found it caused me a few social ills when I tried relying on it solely with GABA and theanine supplementation a few years back , so these days if my anxiety ( PTSD, gad , & ODD) is really crippling or heart attack like in nature I have what seems to be the best treatment yet wich is 1/4-1/2 mg clonazapam and alprazolam .1 or less clonodine , couple hundred Mgs magnesium ,300-600 Mgs theanine , 1-3 grams GABA ,2 grams glycine , 50-200 Mgs picamilon , and lastly 250-700 Mgs (max a day!) of phenibut

#35 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

In that way metabrophic b is on and amped GABA a is being enacted while the magnesium inositol GABA Glycine theanine with the picamilon is creating an unattainable otherwise gabaergic symphony
  • Ill informed x 1

#36 Caturdayz

• 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

Phenibut is great for giving me 8-12 totally anxiety free hours without major cognitive impairment. In social situations it neither makes me an instant asshole or a blubbering fool like high dose alcohol would, and it is undetectable on your breath. Allowing for a day or two for the drug to be completed cleared from your system, I then descend into horrible all-over anxious withdrawals for about 3-5 days, gradual weening at below threshold levels for a few days after an active dose seems to help with this. GABA, L-theanine, and cannabis (I know) seem to help as well. All in all, I've gone through a few containers of the stuff and have decided to leave it off my order list. That being said, it isn't without its considerable benefits.

Edited by Caturdayz, 31 May 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#37 Stygian Themis

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:34 AM

I got some profoundly 'MDMA'esque effects a couple times. I used it for 3 days, about 1g-1.5g each dose. I did notice a bit of calm, but not much. I began surfing youtube for random shit like goth vlogs from switzerland and various music. For awhile the music was incredibly sating, much as you would expect from MDMA; though, that didn't last long.

My last dose of the week ended up making me feel very restless and without much benefit for it. I ended up taking a 6 mile walk at around 8PM. I felt...powerful... I know that sounds weird, but it's just how it made me feel. But I had this strange vibe and aura (not in a literal sense, just a feeling I suppose). There was a bit of harmful intent that went along with it, though it may have just been a 'I could take anyone right now' type thing. Needless to say, this was not a desired effect.

It reminds me of benzos. When I used to take benzos for anxiety I would ALMOST, not quite, but almost completely blackout. I was aware, but I did weird stuff that I wouldn't normally do. I'd also have a fragmented memory when I awoke the next day. I went out and bought an expensive T.V. one time. Another time I did something that could possibly have put me in jail: not too serious, and nothing that would harm anyone else, but something I wouldn't ordinarily do.

I've heard it's like alcohol in pill form, and it definitely had the lowered inhibition and memory loss for me. Not very desireable; I don't know how anyone uses this to calm themselves or relax. Though, I did notice, variabley, an increase in social ability: I would talk and talk and talk about anything. And I'd be truthful and over-revealing about everything, as well. VERY undesireable.

Ultimately, it was necessary for my purposes, but I would caution anyone who's thinking about trying phenibut to compare it to benzos: scary as fuck if you misuse it. I've heard HORRIBLE horror stories about this stuff if you over-use it. Same as benzos, the withdrawal is UNBELIEVEABLY harsh--worse than heroin in some cases. People can literally die from benzos or alcohol withdrawal--meaning that you could stop taking it and die because your body needs it so badly.

(Sorry for the essay)

In any case: use extreme caution with this stuff.

Edited by Stygian Themis, 31 December 2013 - 02:35 AM.

#38 bestbefore

• Topic Starter
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:51 PM

Unfortunately, Phenibut stopped working for me. I don't get any more anti-anxiety effects from it. Instead, it makes me more anxious after a couple of hours. The dopamine afterglow the next day has also completely vanished and I don't need more sleep the next day. The only thing that I can still feel weakly is how Phenibut makes everything more beautiful. The last couple of months, I've only used it once or twice, but I don't like it anymore. It sucks, because it was easily the best thing I've ever taken, and I've taken a lot. I think it worked for about 4 years, but I had the discipline to mostly use it once a week or once every two weeks.

If you have the discipline, it can be a great supplement. If you don't have the discipline, trust me, don't use it.

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#39 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 08:26 AM

Phenibut has a pretty subtle effect, you would have to do a lot to get something resembling the mindset you get from alcohol or MDMA. It gives me an extra boost of social confidence free of intoxication. I felt very social and frisky on Phenibut. I would describe myself as unfiltered, I found myself doing silly things, like making a tower out of cups, a paper airplane, and saying a lot of smart ass stuff to my friends.

34c1600f3da40cf0:e.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users