- - - - -

Piracetam

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Gareth!

• 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:38 PM

Hello everyone!

I've been a visitor on this website before but this is my first post!

I have my exams coming up and was thinking of getting some Piracetam, I've tried some Modafinil (Modalert) before and didn't go much on it,

Anyway, I was hoping you lovely people wouldn't mind telling me how I am to measure the dosage from the powder, will I need to buy a small scooperscoop? If so where from? :|o

Also, I've read a Choline supplement would be advisable to take with it, would it be possible for you to suggest a UK website that sells such an item?

Thanks everyone!

:)

Just as a side note I am getting it from SSHealthFoods as they are UK based and my exams are so close!

#2 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:03 PM

Start with teaspoon (heaping) and then try tablespoon (heaping)

I prefer tablespoon but I capsulated all my PIR powder and usually take 4 grams when I do.

Welcome to Imminst!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Gareth!

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:08 PM

Thanks somethingtoxic :|o

Do you take any Choline supplement with it? What's your views on Choline with it?

#4 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:32 PM

Thanks somethingtoxic :|o

Do you take any Choline supplement with it? What's your views on Choline with it?

Oh yeah, I take Soucre Naturals Alpha-GPC, technically the most expensive I believe (maybe centrophenoxine is more) but if alpha-GPC isn't to your liking, I've seen trends where CDP-choline is the "top cholinergic." Alpha-GPC is in my top 5 of CE'rs. Definitely smarter on it alone.

I also take choline citrate, which is CHEAP, but I only take it when I take like 5 grams of PIR and 2 grams of OXI - wh.ich is a big dose and I've taken too much stimulatory CE'rs

One word of caution, you might be a person who is sensitive to cholinergics, so look out for warning signs (fogginess) and report back and we can help you.

#5 Gareth!

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:48 PM

Thanks for the reply!

Ok I've found a UK site here with this Alpha Stuff - http://www.healthmon...ultra_alpha-gpc

Is that expensive and worth buying?

Or should I just opt for the - http://www.myprotein...CFZqX2AodhA1u_w

If you were doing your exams what would you suggest :|o

#6 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:07 PM

NO, choline bitartrate is the worst cholinergic. and don't pretend your money on spent online is what matters. Do I know if that alpha GPC is cost-effective when I'm an Alpha-GPC aficionado? No, but check your sources. Test your products before exam day. Sounds like an important exam - you need to factor-in test anxiety if you have it - I don't have that at all, rather a reversal of it, but that takes a different approach. Use beta blockers for anxiety that requires cognition.

PREPARE

#7 Gareth!

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:20 PM

Ok I understand,

I rarely get anxious about exams so i'm not too concerned there but I will try it out before an exam day. Is it possible for you to say your source for Alpha GPC or is that against the rules or something?

Thanks for all your help and sorry to ask so many questions. :|o

#8 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:34 PM

Ok I understand,

I rarely get anxious about exams so i'm not too concerned there but I will try it out before an exam day. Is it possible for you to say your source for Alpha GPC or is that against the rules or something?

Thanks for all your help and sorry to ask so many questions. :|o

I posted my source and Jarrow is also a good source for alpha-GPC. Shop for best prices while you're at it. You'd be amazed, but I buy from American and that can be stifling,

#9 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:35 PM

Anyway, I was hoping you lovely people wouldn't mind telling me how I am to measure the dosage from the powder, will I need to buy a small scooperscoop? If so where from? :|o

Piracetam is a little hard to measure consistently because it clumps so easily (from moisture). I've done some tests after grinding it up as uniformly as I could; the range for 1/4tsp came out around 750-820mg. I'd start at this for a dose, or maybe 1/2tsp. A tablespoon is something like 9g, this is a megadose.

For choline, alpha GPC has some good research behind it, but very few people say it's worth the price (at least 10-20x more per day than piracetam). I'd try bitartrate if you just want to keep off the headaches/brain fog.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 Gareth!

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:41 PM

Piracetam is a little hard to measure consistently because it clumps so easily (from moisture). I've done some tests after grinding it up as uniformly as I could; the range for 1/4tsp came out around 750-820mg. I'd start at this for a dose, or maybe 1/2tsp. A tablespoon is something like 9g, this is a megadose.

For choline, alpha GPC has some good research behind it, but very few people say it's worth the price (at least 10-20x more per day than piracetam). I'd try bitartrate if you just want to keep off the headaches/brain fog.

Thanks Chrono!

Gives me a good idea how to measure it now.

I'm afraid i've already gone out an ordered the Alpha GPC, but thankfully Peter Crouch scored for Tottenham in the football so I won a bit of money to pay for it :)

I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users