Photo
- - - - -

List of high fat foods you consume regularly

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Mia K.

• 176 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:20 PM

One positive aspect of having a meat based diet is that one can have a 1:1 ratio between these essential amino acids without having excess total PUFA (I rarely exceed 10-15g total).

The take home message is that if you choose a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle, you should watch your BMD and as you pointed out, micro-nutrient status.

These facts inform my current diet.  Thanks to the OP and Skotkunong for the spirited thread.  Looking forward to ajnast4r's contributions.

Regards, Mia

#32 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:33 PM

I must admire your patience, skotkönung :D

Arguing with vegetarians seems to me like arguing with feminists, they don't respond to logic or reason.

Plenty of vegetarians consume dairy, I am not one of them at this current time, although I have experimented with diets which did and did not contain it. I found nausea to be less prevalent on a lactose-free diet. I am currently a sort of aqua-vegetarian which means I consume modest amounts of shrimp and salmon as well because I am upping my protein intake and do not wish to rely only on protein powder to achieve this.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Not_Supplied

• 93 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:18 PM

Raw beef suet, bone marrow, and lamb.

You probably won't eat them, but I feel compelled to fly the flag :|?

Edited by Not_Supplied, 12 May 2010 - 04:19 PM.

#34 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:59 PM

According to this the 0-6 PUFAs outweigh the 0-3 in butter by over 5 grams per serving. Not good if you eat alot of butter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users