Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Is there a pill that can replicate the effects of cardiovascular exerc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rvdvaart

• 72 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:12 AM

So basically here's my story. When I get up in the morning, I have lack of energy/motivation, mild brain fog, mild anxiety, and slight ADD. Now when I exercise early in the morning and do 40-50 minutes of aerobic exercise or running, I'm completely set for the day. My energy is through the roof, the brain fog goes down a bit, my anxiety and ADD symptoms are completely gone.

Unfortunately though I can't do this type routine because I have to be at work very early in the morning. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way about this. Is there any type of supplement that can mimic the effects of aerobic exercise? Or at least give me the same reduction of side effects until I can work out at either mid-day or in the evening.

Or is there a way to workout so late that you feel the same euphoric effects for at least the next day?

Thanks

Edited by rvdvaart, 10 May 2010 - 06:15 AM.

#2 TophetLOL

• 88 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:55 AM

So basically here's my story. When I get up in the morning, I have lack of energy/motivation, mild brain fog, mild anxiety, and slight ADD. Now when I exercise early in the morning and do 40-50 minutes of aerobic exercise or running, I'm completely set for the day. My energy is through the roof, the brain fog goes down a bit, my anxiety and ADD symptoms are completely gone.

Unfortunately though I can't do this type routine because I have to be at work very early in the morning. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way about this. Is there any type of supplement that can mimic the effects of aerobic exercise? Or at least give me the same reduction of side effects until I can work out at either mid-day or in the evening.

Or is there a way to workout so late that you feel the same euphoric effects for at least the next day?

Thanks

If it's the endorphins that are making you feel better low dose naltrexone before you go to sleep would help, since you would be more sensitive to them upon waking.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 RockandSoul

• 30 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:50 PM

I know exactly what you are talking about. Exercise seems to be much better than any supplement.

I need to follow this advice but if at all possible rearrange your schedule to run early in the morning. I too have to be up very early for work.

There are some threads on the Runners World message forum about this very topic. It's amazing how early some people wake up to do their morning exercise!

Nothing is as long lasting on mood as exercise for those symptoms in my opinion.

Let's encourage each other to get up early to train.

If you need a great book on the topic, Spark by John Ratey is really very interesting about the many great changes that physical exercise can produce.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 connorphenix

• 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:36 AM

Well, yes and no. AICAR (not ALCAR) and GW-1516 do just that, but they aren't pills and are ridiculously expensive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users