Photo
- - - - -

dopamine that looks like serotonin goes to serotonin areas of the brai

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:26 PM

dopamine that looks like serotonin goes to serotonin areas of the brain, more precisely delivering neurotransmitters to specific brain areas
I was reading a pharmacology text where it noted that different brain regions had noticeably different amounts of neurotransmitters

This is similar to saying the corpus callosum has three times as much serotonin as the cinculate gyrus or the cingulate gyrus has three times as much serotonin as the corpus callosum Those are different than what it actually said yet you get the idea that neurotransmitters concentrate at large amounts with different brain regions; I think some neurotransmitters may have concentrated 7 or more times as much at different brain structures

With fMRI these brain regions as well as tiny areas of tissue are associated with cognitive events abilities plus feelings each the product of many neurochemicals

If you would like to put more dopamine or serotonin at a particular brain region you could direct activity to that area with a hybrid chemical like serotonin linked to dopamine, where either the serotonin or dopamine is an analog that transports just like the neurotransmitter yet has a much different activity level

Thus the combo is delivered like dopamine or serotonin yet with one of the active groups is a passive analog it just delivers the dopamine or serotonin activity yet at a concentration three to seven times as high as usual with that tissue; its very similar to fluorophore labeling; the neurotransmitter linked fluorphores are such large molecules yet function like, plus trace to, neuroactivity is what makes me think these new brain area drugs will work

What they would do is to amplify the chemistry of different brain regions the effect depending on the region uptake of the transporter neurotransmitter analog while maintaining a functional neurotransmitter level brain wide that is more associated with functionality rather than symptoms

If I knew more about neurology I could say where what plus how, lacking clue though how about a tranquilizer that removes anxiety while making people cleverer so they can have better calmer ideas during the scenario

That would be passivated catecholamines plus dopamine transported to the catecholamine area

If you liked you could create an estrogenic drug that was delivered to specific brain areas as well noticeably affecting social consciousness

Edited by treonsverdery, 10 May 2010 - 05:41 PM.

#2 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:43 PM

dopamine that looks like serotonin goes to serotonin areas of the brain, more precisely delivering neurotransmitters to specific brain areas
I was reading a pharmacology text where it noted that different brain regions had noticeably different amounts of neurotransmitters

This is similar to saying the corpus callosum has three times as much serotonin as the cinculate gyrus or the cingulate gyrus has three times as much serotonin as the corpus callosum Those are different than what it actually said yet you get the idea that neurotransmitters concentrate at large amounts with different brain regions; I think some neurotransmitters may have concentrated 7 or more times as much at different brain structures

With fMRI these brain regions as well as tiny areas of tissue are associated with cognitive events abilities plus feelings each the product of many neurochemicals

If you would like to put more dopamine or serotonin at a particular brain region you could direct activity to that area with a hybrid chemical like serotonin linked to dopamine, where either the serotonin or dopamine is an analog that transports just like the neurotransmitter yet has a much different activity level

Thus the combo is delivered like dopamine or serotonin yet with one of the active groups is a passive analog it just delivers the dopamine or serotonin activity yet at a concentration three to seven times as high as usual with that tissue; its very similar to fluorophore labeling; the neurotransmitter linked fluorphores are such large molecules yet function like, plus trace to, neuroactivity is what makes me think these new brain area drugs will work

What they would do is to amplify the chemistry of different brain regions the effect depending on the region uptake of the transporter neurotransmitter analog while maintaining a functional neurotransmitter level brain wide that is more associated with functionality rather than symptoms

If I knew more about neurology I could say where what plus how, lacking clue though how about a tranquilizer that removes anxiety while making people cleverer so they can have better calmer ideas during the scenario

That would be passivated catecholamines plus a GABA version that passes the BBB transported to the catecholamine area

If you liked you could create an estrogenic drug that was delivered to specific brain areas as well noticeably affecting social consciousness

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:47 PM

Uh oh This idea got a strong functional criticism:

you seem to be assuming that the different regions of the brain somehow suck in various neurotransmitters. Wrongorama: they just *make* more of those neurotransmitters.

So, tagging a drug with a neurotransmitter analogue is unlikely to target it to a specific region.

Then a reply

[MB] I may actually be blushing auugh stupidity You are right

a niftier way to attempt this would be to make a brain map of every known Ase (enzyme that takes apart molecules) like thisorthatdehydrogenase then attach a group that passivates until removed with the Ase of local character to create a concentration of active neurotransmitter at that brain microregion If it still possible to make this snazzy it might be possible to regionally brain map the regional saturation capacity of the various thisorthatAse to show the amount of local area drug activity possible

critique: http://www.halfbaker...addnote#addnote

Edited by treonsverdery, 10 May 2010 - 07:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users