Photo

Sexuality institute

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:55 AM

Hello,

I am starting a new online community. It many ways it will borrow from the life extension movement but will take the technology to an area that has more mainstream appeal.
Basically we research a lot on how to keep ourselves healthier to extend our lifespan but there is some overlap where a healthier and rejuvenated person will appear sexier than a person of the same age that is in poor health.

If we are able to extend the healthy reproductive years and make people sexier and increase their level of sexual and reproductive fitness this could be a very popular way of gaining funding, popularity, support, mind share and resources to develop technologies that can also be used to extend human lifespan.

I will be interfacing this project with my other project Rejuvepedia by using the information researched and proposed technologies for fullbody rejuvenation applied to the field of helping people to become more sexually appealing.

I am currently setting up phpBB3 integrated with Mediawiki as the basis for the community. Blogging will also be included but I haven't decided on which software will be used for blogging yet. It may be the blogging extension currently used on Rejuvepedia or I may integrate it with some other blogging software perhaps even the single user version of wordpress but allow other users to post to the blog.

From my work on Rejuvepedia I have learned of the limitations of wikis in terms of building community and have learned that forums are what is required. However I am going to build the forums in such a way from day 1 useful information posted on the forums is entered into the wiki.

There are some great tools to do this with invision powerboard and the mediawiki extension but these are not open source and a the moment I will not be buying this software due to financial constraints. I hope to gain the same or better functionality from opensource equivalents but I do not rule out migrating to the IPB software in the future if it will serve the project better.

I have also been reading the book the "art of community":

http://www.artofcommunityonline.org/

So far I am realised that communities are all about telling stories. When people look at an online forum and say there's nothing there they really mean there's no indepth stories.

On the forums for sexinst.org I am going start telling some stories and from those stories start building the wiki. To begin with no one will be using the forums but I am going to get around this by creating some characters. These characters are going to undertake a journey of self discovery and making themselves less disgusting and more sexually appealing.

I'm starting to create some character profiles.

Fred Potential
Character

Age 23

height:

weight:

chest size:

shoulder width:

hat size:

greasy hair - does not use shampoo

blocked nose - sniffs

acne

bad breath

plaque on teeth

white tounge

coughs, sneeezes

poor shaving technique

no shoulder definition

no muscles on arms

dirt under finger nails

under arm smell if not masked with deodorant

no chest definition

smelly naval

untrimmed public hair

smelly penis under foreskin (he never washes there)

slight ED

problem with flatulence

little definition of leg muscles

smelly feet

tinea between toes

relationship status: single

employment status: working at an auctioneer

interests: cars, music, computers in that order

diet: processed foods, and fast fods, cola drinks, high carb diet

smoker: no

Can't understand why he can't even get one kiss. No matter what he does for a girl if he buys her clothes or takes her out for dinner he can't get a kiss.

---

character
Megan Kinetic

height:
bust size:
hat size:
waist size:

hair: strawberry blond
blue eyes

acne

obesity

unbalanced vagina pH and vagintis

does not exercise much

high carb diet eats processed and fast foods
very little in the way of fresh veggies

difficult to get pregnant

very emotional response to criticism

People are free to create their own characters as well. Although the character thing is just to get the ball rolling it may end up being a popular thing. Most forums don't like it when people create a character but this could be something interesting that sets the forums apart from other forums. It may be that people are asked to disclose if the character is real or not but I haven't worked that out yet.

Over time the characters will fix there issues. e.g. Fred Potential will get his bad breath fixed and get a date and get that kiss but it won't be so straight forwards. Fred doesn't *know* he has bad breath and he will post to the forums one in several massive rants that almost get him banned when another character (possible Megan Kinetic) suggests he check his breath by licking his arm and smelling the area he licked after giving it a minute to dry.

As this all happens sections on the wiki will be created dealing with bad breath and how to fix it. The content will all be under a creative commons license and shared with other wikis such as Rejuvepedia.

I will include as much multimedia as possible such as pictures, videos, diagrams, mind mapping charts and hypergraphs.

Sexual attraction can be studied scientifically and I want to merge the wide demand and appeal for improved sexual fitness with the best of the breed science and best possible level of open source collaboration.

#2 chris w

• 740 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:32 PM

This is good, anything that appeals to people's vanity and sexual cravings can help us achieve longevity in the end, let more and more people realise that aging is not so cool afterall :|?

Edited by chris w, 11 May 2010 - 01:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users