Benefits from MPH

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:59 PM

Hi guys,

I'm getting my diagnosis for ADHD currently and wanted to hear some anecdotal stories about what methylphenidate did for you.

The reason I mention MPH and not Adderall is because Adderall isn't available in Denmark. They have methylphenidate, atomoxetine, modafinil and buproprion for ADHD in Denmark - nothing else.

I would love to hear some stories about how MPH effected you for better and worse.

Some questions to answer:

What positive mental effects did you get? (More motivation, more drive and energy, ability to concentrate and focus in a higher degree, able to communicate better, ability to reason, working memory, long-term memory, learning, euphoria etc.)
What physical effects did you get? Negative and positive. (Hypertension, tachycardia, appetite loss, able to perform better physically (musclebuilding perhaps), headaches, nausea, weight-loss etc.)
What negative mental effects did you get? (anxiety, OCD, inability to concentrate, loss of creativity etc.)

Thanks in advance!

Looking forward to reading all your responses.

Regards,
Anders

P.S. I posted this same thread at M&M and wanted responses from both sites.

#2 VoidPointer

• 123 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:13 PM

Hi guys,

I'm getting my diagnosis for ADHD currently and wanted to hear some anecdotal stories about what methylphenidate did for you.

The reason I mention MPH and not Adderall is because Adderall isn't available in Denmark. They have methylphenidate, atomoxetine, modafinil and buproprion for ADHD in Denmark - nothing else.

I would love to hear some stories about how MPH effected you for better and worse.

Some questions to answer:

What positive mental effects did you get? (More motivation, more drive and energy, ability to concentrate and focus in a higher degree, able to communicate better, ability to reason, working memory, long-term memory, learning, euphoria etc.)
What physical effects did you get? Negative and positive. (Hypertension, tachycardia, appetite loss, able to perform better physically (musclebuilding perhaps), headaches, nausea, weight-loss etc.)
What negative mental effects did you get? (anxiety, OCD, inability to concentrate, loss of creativity etc.)

Thanks in advance!

Looking forward to reading all your responses.

Regards,
Anders

P.S. I posted this same thread at M&M and wanted responses from both sites.

I alternate between Concerta (OROS MPH) and DexMPH;

They both help concentration and focus, though DexMPH work better for that. DexMPH is great for complex problem solving.
MPH has more of an anti-depressive aspect.
DexMPH kills my appetite more than MPH, but they both make one less hungry which could lead to weight loss.

Tolerance is an issue, and the only way to prevent that is to take extended breaks. It is kind of like caffeine in that regard.

I do not think either will help with muscle building, and may actually hurt due to the decreased appetite.

If you do not time your dose right it can effect your sleep. Melatonin with Theanine will help offset.

Exercise on your days off, as I think it is a waste to exercise while medicated. It is an ADD medication, not a athletic supplement.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 kassem23

• Topic Starter
  • 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:11 AM

Thanks for your reply. Anybody else? :|?

#4 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:44 PM

Well I failed for ADD on the test, but after a while was prescribed MPH. Works well when I just really am in that procrastination or inattentiveness mode, gets things done, just like Moda. I barely take the stuff, just because I tend to take it when I am set on getting something done that day and don't care who or what interferes. Actually works well for concentration more than anything I know.

(haven't really tried Adderall or DexMPH though)

#5 kassem23

• Topic Starter
  • 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:58 PM

Well I failed for ADD on the test, but after a while was prescribed MPH. Works well when I just really am in that procrastination or inattentiveness mode, gets things done, just like Moda. I barely take the stuff, just because I tend to take it when I am set on getting something done that day and don't care who or what interferes. Actually works well for concentration more than anything I know.

(haven't really tried Adderall or DexMPH though)

Sounds great, thanks.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:54 PM

So wait, are we claiming that chronic procrastination means you have ADD? Because I should be revising for a test right now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users