- - - - -

Modalert&red lips

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dadash

• 7 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:55 PM

Hi

I tried modalert 100mg in the afternoon, then coz I had no effect i tried 200 although it had an effect and I could stay whole night awake, my lips turned red. I dunno whether it caused by it or not but I also drank "Dr Pepper" so I thought may it could bathe reasonn. Any suggestion? Thanks

#2 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:33 AM

It was probably the Dr Pepper, since Modafinil is a mild vasoconstrictor and wouldn't cause flushing.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:24 AM

I agree with Animal, it might have had to do more with your diet than modafinil, as I'm currently unaware that moda causes histamitergic reactions in specific parts of the body. Could be a rare case though. Didn't catch that one in the abstracts. It may have been something taken along with moda to do that. Who knows? Not we. Sorry.

#4 dadash

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:28 AM

Thanks for the answer

Then, i'll give it one more chance :) but actually I have one more question or even two :)

When should I take modalert (morning?) and if I already had breakfast how long should I wait before taking modalert.

Thanks

Edited by dadash, 15 May 2010 - 09:51 AM.

#5 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:35 PM

Well, it is entirely possible that modafinil causes allergic reactions in you, it's also possible that you got a bad batch if you got it from overseas, and because of its half-life, assuming you sleep at "normal" night time, take it as early as possible and it's technically more effective on an empty stomach, but with breakfast you might reduce that possible allergic reaction too. Let us know. Some people just don't tolerate modafinil well.

#6 dadash

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:21 PM

Well, it is entirely possible that modafinil causes allergic reactions in you, it's also possible that you got a bad batch if you got it from overseas, and because of its half-life, assuming you sleep at "normal" night time, take it as early as possible and it's technically more effective on an empty stomach, but with breakfast you might reduce that possible allergic reaction too. Let us know. Some people just don't tolerate modafinil well.

I've bought it from WWW.unitedpharmacies.co.uk, i read reviews and it was said it is reliable supplier. Does anyone whether it should dissolve in the water or not.
Thanks

#7 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:59 AM

I've bought it from WWW.unitedpharmacies.co.uk, i read reviews and it was said it is reliable supplier. Does anyone whether it should dissolve in the water or not.
Thanks

UnitedPharmacies have always supplied me with legitimate modafinil in the past, I am currently prescribed branded modafinil and there is no difference in the effects.

#8 modaritalin

• 20 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:56 PM

Thanks

UnitedPharmacies have always supplied me with legitimate modafinil in the past, I am currently prescribed branded modafinil and there is no difference in the effects.

I also had the experience of extreme red lips after taking Nuvigil. Is this allergic reaction? I didn't feel anything wrong, but my family members said that my lips are too red....

#9 dadash

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:53 AM

Took it twice again after that. Lips became red but not very much. So I guess Dr Pepper played a big role.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 wkdnlazy

• 26 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:22 PM

Took it twice again after that. Lips became red but not very much. So I guess Dr Pepper played a big role.

Check your bp, modalert gives me stage 1 pre-hypertension and an orange light on my bp monitor and a red face never mind lips !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users