- - - - -

Sulbutiamine for exams/memory?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mail1234

• 17 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:36 PM

Hi,
I'm beginning some university exams 5 weeks from now and am finding the revision a slight struggle. I study biology at a (very well respected) university and I basically am required to regurgitate masses of information (which I dont agree with, but thats the way things are). I know that my revision technique isnt perfect but it isnt particularly bad either; I've always done well at exams and would like to think that the reason for finding the new content difficult to memorise is because of the volume of content.

I am thinking about taking some sulbutiamine to help. Ive tried other things in the past; Huperzine A which was good but I was worried about long term effects, piracetam had no effect, I get brain fog from multivits (indicating I may have too much histimine? and thus take magnesium to counter this) and a few others. I've read that sulbaltiamine is good for focus and memory so was wondering if you'd recommend it for this purpose?

I've also read about the need to cycle it but havent been able to find much information about how to do this. Is it simply a take for '3 days, have non for 2, repeat' type cycling or something much more long term?

Thanks

#2 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:16 PM

Hi,
I'm beginning some university exams 5 weeks from now and am finding the revision a slight struggle. I study biology at a (very well respected) university and I basically am required to regurgitate masses of information (which I dont agree with, but thats the way things are). I know that my revision technique isnt perfect but it isnt particularly bad either; I've always done well at exams and would like to think that the reason for finding the new content difficult to memorise is because of the volume of content.

I am thinking about taking some sulbutiamine to help. Ive tried other things in the past; Huperzine A which was good but I was worried about long term effects, piracetam had no effect, I get brain fog from multivits (indicating I may have too much histimine? and thus take magnesium to counter this) and a few others. I've read that sulbaltiamine is good for focus and memory so was wondering if you'd recommend it for this purpose?

I've also read about the need to cycle it but havent been able to find much information about how to do this. Is it simply a take for '3 days, have non for 2, repeat' type cycling or something much more long term?

Thanks

I find sulbutiamine rather random, and very hard to count on. It works for my lethargy sometimes, but not always. It does nothing in terms of focus for me, but might be different for you. I would suggest looking into other nootropics such as picamilon, pyritinol, deprenyl etc..

Do anybody know if sulbutiamine can be snorted?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:49 PM

I would imagine so. It is a powder so it should be able to enter the nose no problems. Be sure to check back in and update us with your progress. If we don't hear anything back then I think I speak for everyone when I say that snorting sulbutiamine is probably a no goer :-D

Maybe ask the guys over at bluelight? I'm sure some crusty has had a go at this idea!

Edited by HyperHydrosis, 21 May 2010 - 02:52 PM.

#4 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:21 PM

I would imagine so. It is a powder so it should be able to enter the nose no problems. Be sure to check back in and update us with your progress. If we don't hear anything back then I think I speak for everyone when I say that snorting sulbutiamine is probably a no goer :-D

Maybe ask the guys over at bluelight? I'm sure some crusty has had a go at this idea!

Haha.. Nothing really happened when I snorted it. Not much of an effect really, but sulbutiamine effect on me is also very subtle, so that might be the cause. I was just wondering if it could be snorted because I read it's an lipophilic drug, meaning that it likes fat.. Can somebody explain the mechanism of that and snorting? Will it cross the blood-brain-barrier if snorted?

#5 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:16 AM

Where did you get your sulbutiamine?

Edited by OneScrewLoose, 25 September 2010 - 04:17 AM.

• like x 1

#6 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:20 PM

IF you snort that powder and don't puke for at least 4 hours straight. Then you must not be human. I can't even take that stuff with a mixer let alone snorting it. Just shove it up your ass with some fish oil. That might work :/
  • dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:30 PM

SP has it.

@joelski: I'd recommend capsules, and maybe a little more subtlety >_>
  • like x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users