• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

H+ Summit @ Harvard: Rise of the Citizen Scientist

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 kevinj

• 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:17 PM

The 2010 H+ Summit: Rise of the Citizen Scientist

The 2010 H+ Summit (check out hplussummit.com) is an important 2-day Transhumanist conference that imagines the role of technology in developing the future, with consideration of various emerging technologies and transhumanist ideas.

This innovative summit, to be hosted on June 12-13th, 2010 at Harvard University Science Center by the Harvard College Future Society, with assistance from Humanity+, will feature over 60 incredible speakers, including futurist Ray Kurzweil, inventor Stephen Wolfram, and scientist Aubrey De Grey among many others.

Topics considered will include Human Enhancement, Artificial (General) Intelligence, Radical Life Extension, Whole Brain Emulation (“Mind Uploading”), Technology and Democracy, Bioethics, Science Fiction and Science, and Neuroscience among many others.

To learn more and register, visit hplussummit.com. Regisration fees are structured to reward early adopters.

Who's coming?

#2 CerebralCortex

• 123 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:55 AM

...Who's coming?

Me.

#3 jolly

• 154 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:58 PM

I'll be there (look for the guy with a turban and big camera :)

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Lauren

• 58 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:26 AM

God, I wish I could go to this - Let me know how it turns out!!

...Who's coming?

Me.

Edited by Lauren, 03 June 2010 - 03:28 AM.

#5 e Volution

• 937 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:48 AM

I would do almost anything to attend this conference (well anything I guess except quitting my job and suspending university) unfortunately I live on the other side of the world ... I am having some real tough dilemmas figuring out where exactly I want to take my [next] career in regards to A(G)I, Econometrics, Neuro and Complex Systems and the like, and I have a feeling this conference could really help, especially if I got the chance to have a brief chat with some of these amazing individuals!

I think the price is a bargain and if you have the chance to go then you would be mad not to!

Edited by icantgoforthat, 03 June 2010 - 04:49 AM.

#6 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:58 PM

I'll be there! If you see a guy dressed way too loudly, it' probably me.

For those not coming, the details of video recording was released yesterday:

** Live streaming
H+ Summit to be streamed live, compatible with iPhone, and iPad: starting June 12, at 9AM, the H+ Summit is going to be streamed live worldwide, for free. Anybody can connect, and ask questions on the H+ Summit twitter stream using the #hplussummit hashtag. Moderators will choose the best questions from all those incoming, and put them to the speakers during the numerous Q&A sessions.
http://hplussummit.com/streaming.html

** Full HD recording
Are your friends busy on the weekend of H+ Summit? Do they live on the other side of the world from Boston, and can't stay up during the night to follow the live streaming? Don't worry! All the talks at H+ Summit are being recorded in future-proof, gorgeous Full HD 1080p 60fps video, and are going to be released online under a liberal Creative Commons Attribution license. Humanity+ plans to start releasing the first videos in the weeks following the conference, and keep adding to the library of videos accessible online week after week, and fully document the talks of the more than 50 speakers.

Not that any of us who paid hundreds early on to get into a ticket tier we could afford would be in any way bitter about not knowing this at the time :-D This is from the ticket site e-mail list, I still don't think the info is linked anywhere on the official site.

Oh, and if anyone's thinking of registering last-minute, coupon code FRIENDSOFHPLUS will get you 20% off. Yet another thoughtful way ticketholders were informed they could have saved some money, lol :p I kid, it's gonna be a blast.

Edited by chrono, 11 June 2010 - 01:51 PM.

#7 jolly

• 154 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:46 PM

Conference was great! They have announced the next summit to be Nov 5-7 2010.
All my photos are up at -
  • like x 1

#8 Elus

• 793 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:07 AM

Was this summit recorded? I would really like to see the lectures!

Edited by Elus Efelier, 23 June 2010 - 12:07 AM.

#9 jolly

• 154 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:11 AM

The summit was recorded, but the recordings are not yet up. However, transcripts are up at - http://designfiles.o...us-summit-2010/

#10 Elus

• 793 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:16 PM

The summit was recorded, but the recordings are not yet up. However, transcripts are up at - http://designfiles.o...us-summit-2010/

Thank you, I really appreciate it :).

#11 e Volution

• 937 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:43 AM

Anyone know when the talks are going to be put up?

I found Ray Kurzweil's talk on the net, but just uploaded by a random guy not part of H+
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="545" height="349" id="viddler_617a483f"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.c...ayer/617a483f/" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.viddler.c...ayer/617a483f/" width="545" height="349" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" name="viddler_617a483f"></embed></object>

The rest of his videos (couple more H+ talks in there)

Edited by e Volution, 29 June 2010 - 06:44 AM.

#12 e Volution

• 937 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:22 AM

BUMP! Does anyone know where and when the videos will be put up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users