Photo
- - - - -

Decreasing Norepinephrine

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 organicperformance

• 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:51 AM

What are some good ways to lower Norepinephrine? I find that stress=increase in norepinephrine. So to help combat stress I want to be able to control the norepinephrine response from the adrenal medulla. I am familiar and have tried all the usuals (theanine, GABA, ashwagandha, passion flower)....what else am I missing? What else can help temper stress response to lower NE?

#2 Imagination

• 350 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:18 PM

What are some good ways to lower Norepinephrine? I find that stress=increase in norepinephrine. So to help combat stress I want to be able to control the norepinephrine response from the adrenal medulla. I am familiar and have tried all the usuals (theanine, GABA, ashwagandha, passion flower)....what else am I missing? What else can help temper stress response to lower NE?

Magnesium is good for stress/anxiety, don't know if it directly impacts on norepinephrine, cutting down of coffee and stimulants would help.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:01 PM

This was discussed in a similar thread.

How can I reduce norepinephrine, and improve anxiety/insomnia

#4 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:43 PM

Magnesium is good for stress/anxiety, don't know if it directly impacts on norepinephrine, cutting down of coffee and stimulants would help.

But there's different version of it, like citrate and malate. How do you know which one that is the most effective one.

#5 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:20 AM

But there's different version of it, like citrate and malate. How do you know which one that is the most effective one.

Do what I always do. Try 'em all !

#6 Imagination

• 350 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:04 PM

The good old supermarket own brand crap works for me.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 04:24 PM

This has been covered in several threads, some of which you've participated in. Malate, taurate, glycinate and chelated w/ AAs are probably the best choices, either because they have other benefits (taurate) or are relatively neutral and have little chance of causing GI upset.

Edited by chrono, 30 May 2010 - 05:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users