Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Using 4chan.org for activism.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:44 AM

we could use 4chan.org to spread the life extension meme. Just like anonymous did with their worldwide protests against scientology, http://en.wikipedia....oject_Chanology
We could use the technology section of the site to organize mass anonymous protests in real life all over the world against death and aging!

Anonymous protesters against aging could wear Guy Fawkes masks(V for Vendetta style) with the symbol of infinity drawn on them with black permanent marker ink

Edited by The MILE/The Immortalist, 29 May 2010 - 06:57 AM.

#2 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:10 PM

Very bad idea. They would take the meme, twist it and do us massive P.R. damage.

#3 Evolutionary

• Guest,
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:09 PM

It's risky imo because with CoS there was already a popular consensus that it is bad.

Edited by MaxLife, 28 May 2010 - 02:13 PM.

#4 The Immortalist

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:58 AM

Very bad idea. They would take the meme, twist it and do us massive P.R. damage.

Twist it how? and do massive P.R damage to who?

Edited by The MILE/The Immortalist, 29 May 2010 - 07:01 AM.

#5 The Immortalist

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:59 AM

It's risky imo because with CoS there was already a popular consensus that it is bad.

Same with aging and death.

#6 The Immortalist

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:30 AM

ok this is a retarded idea, sorry people for wasting forum space, but I still like the idea about wear Guy Fawkes masks with the infinity symbol drawn on them.
  • dislike x 1

#7 The Immortalist

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:29 PM

Well 4chan could potentially be used to help spread the longevity meme. I was posting this gif in 4chan just to see peoples reactions http://www.ljplus.ru..._snow/aging.gif

#8 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:19 PM

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE IDEA

especially if youre talking about posting this in /b/... this will be nothing but negative for imminst and i would HIGHLY suggest against anyone even mentioning the imminst name on 4chan

#9 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:46 PM

I agree with ajnast4r. Don't even think of using 4chan to try to spread the meme. 4chan is basically devoted to making fun of everything, and is far from any reasonable target demographic for us. It would end badly.

#10 The Immortalist

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:00 PM

your all correct. 4chan is just full of kids doing pranks on the internet. The only reason I even brought up 4chan is because the annomynous nature of 4chan is useful for internet raids and stuff, but it would probably do the cause great damage.

PS: anyone who's reading this who hasn't gone to /b/ don't. It is full of disgusting vile images.

Edited by The MILE/The Immortalist, 10 July 2010 - 10:34 PM.

#11 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:22 AM

This made me think immediately of a friend of mine who used to think it was hilarious to join in 4chan trolling raids of other message boards. Some segments of the internet sharply rebuke the notion that any publicity is good publicity ;)

Edited by chrono, 16 July 2010 - 10:24 AM.

#12 Kolos

• 209 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:53 AM

Not your personal army.
Anyway many people on 4chan probably heard about Singularity and stuff and like that and it wouldn't hurt to talk about it in proper section but it's not popular or funny enough to become a meme and if you try to force it by spamming with anti-aging propaganda they might rather raid this site, if you give them links. Honestly 4chan is not what it used to be but on any normal chan they should ban you for this kind of behavior and don't expect any "project Immortality" any time soon unless some religious organisation will try to block pro-immortality sites.

Edited by Kolos, 16 July 2010 - 11:02 AM.

#13 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

MILE You are awesome

I like your idea

The graphic is nifty

Stay strong

The forces of conformity steered MILE to write "4chan is just full of kids doing pranks on the internet" which is a very pleasant way to say The Future

Theres is an HG wells John Cristopher revival meme that girls like called the Pretties http://en.wikipedia....i/Talk:Pretties basically I think they are like alpha eloi that escape capping day plus have romances Its a huge pile of Transhumanist memes that girls are told are both attractive plus crummytopian I prefer advocacy of technology yet at least the Pretties is a smorgasbord of ideas some of the female readers will think I could go for some of that

Rule 4chan with a pretties parody that promotes immortality Chicks dig it

Edited by treonsverdery, 16 July 2010 - 05:13 PM.

#14 The Immortalist

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:55 PM

MILE You are awesome

I like your idea

The graphic is nifty

Stay strong

The forces of conformity steered MILE to write "4chan is just full of kids doing pranks on the internet" which is a very pleasant way to say The Future

Theres is an HG wells John Cristopher revival meme that girls like called the Pretties http://en.wikipedia....i/Talk:Pretties basically I think they are like alpha eloi that escape capping day plus have romances Its a huge pile of Transhumanist memes that girls are told are both attractive plus crummytopian I prefer advocacy of technology yet at least the Pretties is a smorgasbord of ideas some of the female readers will think I could go for some of that

Rule 4chan with a pretties parody that promotes immortality Chicks dig it

Thanks for the idea, never heard of that series probably because it's child fiction. Do you have any idea's as to how it could be parodied?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users