Photo
- - - - -

thought on Di-indolylmethane

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 algernon

• 10 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 02:10 AM

Has any one tryed Di-indolylmethane? I'm batteling low engery, chronic CRS (can't remember sh*t), and low libido. I'm a 46 year old male and presently taking:

Aniracetam 750mg x 2
centrophenoxine 250mg x 2
Picamilon 100mg x 2
pyritinol 250 x 2

Any comments or suggestions appreciated

#2 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 02:29 AM

Are you depressed?

If you have low energy. my first question is what is your diet like? What do you eat on a daily basis?

For what reason are you thinking of taking Di-indolylmethane? I've not seen it recommended for the symptoms you are describing.

Scott

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 algernon

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 10:48 AM

Yes, scott, I am depressed, and over worked. Two years ago I finally went to a doctor and had a full work up. I had high chorlstorial (?) (260) and very low testosterone (210). I tried the testosterone patch for a while but only felt a little better. My diet is basic...frut and raw milk for breakfast, soup and sandwith for lunch, meat and veggs for dinner, washed down with a few beers. I've tried vitamens and herbs with no noticeable improvements in how I feel.
I wake up tired, walk around in a fog all day. I tried going back to karate and lifting weight but could not keep up with the class anymore and my home gym just collects dust. This has not been a sudden decline but a gradual stealing of my life.
There must be an answer out there...somewhere...I see other people my age living, laughing and having fun...going places....enjoying a hobby...taking trips...happy to be alive and making plans to do more thing...

#4 algernon

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 11:58 AM

Oop,s my last post did not address why I'm thinking about Di-indolylmethane.
I would like to tell my body to produce more of its own testosterone without increasing estrogen levels.
I was researching GABA and A-GPC to increase HGH levels.
also..ALCAR-K.ALA-biotin combo to increase energy and get new brain cells(?)

#5 strongman

• 27 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 03:46 AM

algernon,

I have tried Di-indolylmethane as an anti-estrogen. I did notice increased energy, and maybe helps with depression? -- usually increased energy helps depression anyhow, I wasn't really depressed so hard to tell. I will warn you though, I experienced hair loss when I took this product.

For raising testerone naturally, you might want to look into LongJack powder, and Tribulus. Check out www.bulknutrition.com for both of these at good prices.

Cheers,

Strongman.

#6 hmaxim

• 17 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:55 PM

Take a look at a Diesel Nutrition product called " Diesel Test". It is considered to be one of the best test boosters available, and it includes DIM and LongJack among its ingredients. I use it all the time. Also look into Designer Nutrition, a product called ActiVate. Also great to stack with Diesel Test.
There are other test boosting products that are very popular among the bodybuilding crowd. Visit Bodybuilding.com and check the forums.. Great info there!

#7 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:59 PM

Thank god you posted that, we had been holding our breath since that last post on August 19, 2004 to find out about a great testosterone booster that included DIM.

Wham bam thank you spam!

#8 hmaxim

• 17 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:19 PM

I just joined this forum recently. No one stopped you from posting sooner, especially since you have been a member since August, 2005.
Is there a policy on this forum that says there is a time limit to replying to a post? Or should I just start a new thread so it is current?

#9 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:41 PM

No, of course there is no time limit on posting. But consider that your first post ever to this forum pushed a particular product (hard) and then advised us to look for more information on a commercial website that sells supplements:

Take a look at  a Diesel Nutrition product called " Diesel Test".  It is considered to be one of the best test boosters available, and it includes DIM and LongJack among its ingredients.  I use it all the time.  Also look into Designer Nutrition, a product called ActiVate.  Also great to stack with Diesel Test.
There are other test boosting products that are very popular among the bodybuilding crowd.  Visit Bodybuilding.com and check the forums.. Great info there!

If it smells like spam, and it tastes like spam, its usually spam. I might be mistaken in this case since you went on to contribute unrelated information on several other threads, so if thats the case I apologize.

#10 hmaxim

• 17 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 03:02 PM

Fine. I see this forum has moderators, and you are one of them? I don't push anything, I just share info based on what I may know or have experienced. If I am excited about a product, does that mean I am "pushing" it? Curb your enthusiasm, I guess.
Even if there are product reps out there, and I'm sure there are, is that a bad thing? On other forums, like Bodybuilding.com, they are welcomed and actually identify themselves as such. It allows people to ask questions about a product directly to the rep. As long as they don't make an open market of the forum, I think its good to discuss products. Sometimes the rep gets bashed to hell too, so they need to be careful. Its all good.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 03:04 PM

No, I'm not a moderator, just a guy with a big mouth :) Sorry for the misunderstanding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users