Photo
- - - - -

just starting out with nootropics

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RandomNoobie

• 13 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:35 PM

Hello! I have always been very interested in cognitive ability but didn't think there was anything you could do to supplement your brain power. Anyway, I recently started taking Fish Oil (Omega 3-6-9) and Ginseng two pills twice a day and today Vinpocetine arrived. I have taken one pill so far, after eating some breakfast.

I have some more nootropics coming tomorrow. Should I start taking them all together or slowly add one at a time? I will keep you guys updated on the effects, if any, of vinpocetine.

#2 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:06 PM

Welcome!

I'd suggest browsing the forum a bit more to see what others have done so you aren't re-asking questions that may already have multiple threads in which discussion is taking place.

As to whether you should take one supplement at a time or all at once, my advice is to be patient with nootropics in order to receive the greatest benefit. Do your homework and select a noot you think will benefit you, then take it for a while by itself to see how it impacts you. If you begin ordering and consuming several substances at a time, how are you going to isolate the effective ones or ones producing desireable effects versus the ones that aren't?

For example, after doing some research for a few weeks I put together a stack of nootropics I'm eager to try; including piracetam. First, I order the piracetam and choline and will be taking that alone for a month or two to see how it affects me independent of other nootropics. Then I will gradually begin adding things in hopes of achieving a synergistic effect but I'll be adding things one at a time.

Unless you really know your stuff, I think it's counterproductive to start gobbling things up all at once. You need to know how your body responds to individual supplements/nootropics/pharmaceuticals to formulate the highest efficacy stack.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 RandomNoobie

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:04 PM

Thanks for your advice; there is indeed a lot of information to be gained on this forum. So far I have taken two pills of vinpocetine. It is of course too early to tell if it works; I did notice a few things this afternoon after the first pill (easier to concentrate on watching a whole movie at a movie theatre, didn't get bored or restless and managed to follow the whole story line) but this could easily be placebo or an effect of my recent changes in exercise and diet.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:35 PM

Don't take them all at once. It's much more valuable in the long run to know IF each one works, in what way and in what magnitude. This becomes apparent over a period of time, as you take them in different circumstances and conditions.

I would either take one at a time if it's something that should work immediately, or add one at a time and give it a while (say, a week?) if it's something that takes more time to manifest results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users