Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Turning the Nitrogen of pee back to protein solves hunger; promotes lo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:41 PM

I noticed how people go to all this effort to eat protein (or use CR to avoid certain proteins) yet pee it right out as urea

if GI tract organisms or body enzymes could turn Urea that is pee nitrogen to usable protein or amino acids would you drink pee
This could make it so people could eat just a tenth as much protein yet be be physically well kind of a world hunger solution

There is a longevity engineer aspect as well; if GI tract bacteria were engineered to only make amino acids that gave the longevity effect then pee would become a longevity promoting protein (nitrogen) source

Its nifty that making GI tract bacteria or genetically engineering a human to convert urea to beneficial proteins solves world hunger plus gives longevity simultaneously

There are bacteria metabolize urea now http://www.bing.com/...t...mp;qs=n&sk= just copy those enzymes to GI tract bacteria that also have genes to make lots of amino acids they send to the media

engineering bacteria to secrete amino acids to their growth media is a known technology

#2 James Cain

• Guest, F@H
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:41 PM

People would eat just as much protein, it's just that they'd be able to have more protein available from recycling their waste. Unless you meant the bacteria recycle it within the body, in which case there's no way to absorb the protein from the bladder. Besides, the body is excreting it for a reason, and it's probably because we don't need it at the time. Pretty cool though, but I'd still rather eat a steak.

Edited by James Cain, 09 June 2010 - 11:43 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:46 PM

Now there is a video about curing hunger with urea metabolism as well as creating longevity affects

#4 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:06 PM

Well, we could add chloroplasts to our skin cells. And then we'd be able to make food from sunlight!

#5 James Cain

• Guest, F@H
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:47 PM

Well, we could add chloroplasts to our skin cells. And then we'd be able to make food from sunlight!

We'd still have to find a way to transport the generated ATP/NADH/etc. into central tissues. We could genetically engineer ourselves to be transparent with ubiquitously expressed chloroplasts. Sounds like a cheesy sci-fi movie.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 immortal7

• 22 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:39 PM

E coli could be reprogrammed to make urea be protein
Then again E coli could be reprogrammed to make beta-damascenone, beta-damascone, beta-ionone rather than volatile fatty acids
I like this idea

My other ID here is treonsverdery though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users