Photo
- - - - -

ALT-711

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 02:09 AM

As some of you know smi2le Posted Image has ALT-711; however, it is an underground item (you have to call him to order it [or email]).

I just got mine, and am wondering what a moderate daily dose for somebody my age (26). I want to stay 26 forever!

Any dosage recommendations are appreciated.

If you are interested in getting any call him yourself; I don't sell it.

Take care.

[thumb]

#2 jack42

• 27 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 02:45 AM

I believe the amount is one mg per kg of body weight.
start at 1/3 of that amount for first 2 weeks, checking for any side affects
then continue to add a 1/3 over the next several weeks till you reach the
total for your weight.

This is first post so not use to the system, so bare with me..

Jack

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ryan1113

• 66 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 10:34 PM

As some of you know smi2le Posted Image has ALT-711; however]).

I just got mine, and am wondering what a moderate daily dose for somebody my age (26).  I want to stay 26 forever!

Take care.

[thumb]

I take 50mg every twelve hours, and the often referenced Paul Wakfer takes 90mg daily, reducing his dosage from what he used to take due to reports from Alteon.

Alt-711 actually failed clinical trials and is being retested and lower dosages.

I believe the real problem is that Alt-711 may take months to a couple years to achieve appreciable reduction in AGE's in humans, and then only if the formation of new AGE's is inhibited with the use of anti-glycation substances and/or a low-carbohydrate diet. Most people load up on carbs so bad that the resulting formation of new AGE's may outpace the actions of ALT-711 in older people. This is my personal hypothesis as to why Alt-711 failed at higher dosages in clinical trials. Had they administered it along with carnosine, aminoguanidine, pyridoxamine, or benfotiamine the results may have been different.

Also, in rat studies, some studies found that Alt-711 was not effective in Collagen-IV, but one study found that it was when taken over a longer term. This leads me to wonder if Alt-711 may be effective in more tissues than previously thought... it simply may take a long while to work, and it may be necessary to effectively inhibit the formation of new AGE's.

#4 nootropi

• Topic Starter
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 11:45 PM

As some of you know smi2le Posted Image has ALT-711; however])

I just got mine, and am wondering what a moderate daily dose for somebody my age (26).  I want to stay 26 forever!

Take care.

[thumb]

I take 50mg every twelve hours, and the often referenced Paul Wakfer takes 90mg daily, reducing his dosage from what he used to take due to reports from Alteon.

Alt-711 actually failed clinical trials and is being retested and lower dosages.

I believe the real problem is that Alt-711 may take months to a couple years to achieve appreciable reduction in AGE's in humans, and then only if the formation of new AGE's is inhibited with the use of anti-glycation substances and/or a low-carbohydrate diet. Most people load up on carbs so bad that the resulting formation of new AGE's may outpace the actions of ALT-711 in older people. This is my personal hypothesis as to why Alt-711 failed at higher dosages in clinical trials. Had they administered it along with carnosine, aminoguanidine, pyridoxamine, or benfotiamine the results may have been different.

Also, in rat studies, some studies found that Alt-711 was not effective in Collagen-IV, but one study found that it was when taken over a longer term. This leads me to wonder if Alt-711 may be effective in more tissues than previously thought... it simply may take a long while to work, and it may be necessary to effectively inhibit the formation of new AGE's.

You see Ryan, you did a great job explaining that! I appreciate your help!

#5 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 11:49 PM

Nootropi,

Yeah, I emailed Rizzer and he said he was working on disclaimers for the site. I assume he will officially post it?

Anyway, how much is it?

#6 nootropi

• Topic Starter
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 12:29 AM

Nootropi,

Yeah, I emailed Rizzer and he said he was working on disclaimers for the site.  I assume he will officially post it?

Anyway, how much is it?

I think that depends on how much you want to buy. 5 grams for $40 is what he gave it to me for (with free shipping though). :)

#7 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 12:37 AM

How do you measure it? I have a scale but it only goes down to 100mg.

Are you mixing it? If so, how do you know you're not taking a 300 mg does one day and a 25mg dose the next?

#8 nootropi

• Topic Starter
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 02:15 AM

How do you measure it?  I have a scale but it only goes down to 100mg. 
Are you mixing it?  If so, how do you know you're not taking a 300 mg does one day and a 25mg dose the next?

I am going to make a anti glycation combination designed for dual daily dosage containing:

100 mg benfotiamine *50 = 5 grams
100 mg pyridoxamine *50 = 5 grams
30 mg ALT-711 *50 = 1.5 grams
Filler: 100 mg L-theanine *50 = 5 grams

5+5+1.5+5/50=310 mg per capsule. All into the mortar and pestle-->cap em quick, etc...! :)

I am taking only 60 mg daily (total 2*30=60) because I am only 26 years old.

Edited by nootropi, 28 August 2004 - 02:31 AM.

#9 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 04:04 PM

Hmm, I have a Cap-M-Quick but not a mortar and pistle. Where did you get your's at?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 nootropi

• Topic Starter
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 04:59 PM

Hmm, I have a Cap-M-Quick but not a mortar and pistle.  Where did you get your's at?

here, get the larger one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users