Photo

Billboard Outreach

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:22 PM

I’ve been looking to trial a billboard and I think now is the time. What do you think? We would become familiar with the monthly registration and unique visitor trend at Imminst for the past 2 years or so, then put up a billboard and watch to see if it spikes.

In my area a billboard is about $500 for 4 weeks, but I believe the guy is willing to help us and get us the most prime spot available at the time that it is least likely to be rented again next, which means it would give us free space on a vinyl board.

Based on the registration and unique visitor stats from that then I think we should consider renting a billboard for the month of September in Brussels. I called them but they haven’t gotten back to me. I have no idea what the pricing might be there.

Then after that, or if that doesn’t work out, (is too expensive, etc…) I think we should try, if the $500 billboard in my town is successful, to rent two more billboards, in Milwaukee Wisconsin, and Austin Texas Metro areas. I called them both and got voice mail for both, so I don’t know the pricing for non profits through them yet, but I did get a hold of Atlanta Georgia and the pricing for non profits there is about $1,000 for digital, $1,400 for vinyl. They say that digital has better placement, but it is in rotation on digital boards. I imagine the pricing is about the same for Milwaukee and Austin.

Upate: Milwaukee left a message when I was gone and said that its about $1,200 for 4 weeks for non profits there too.

#2 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:42 PM

So what do you all think? If we can agree then Ill aim to get this show on the road for the month of July.

#3 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:06 PM

Most of us have seen the discussions about, or thought about the pros and cons of a name with "Immortality" in it. To combat the cons we have things like the Imminst second name development underway.

The pros of such a name include that it should act as the proverbial purple cow when it comes to grabbing attention in things like print media. In fact, I could be wrong, but I really cant even think of a better example of a purple cow.

Billboards are ranked by gross rating point, that is, the number of times they are expected to be seen times the number of people in your target audience being reached. However, the better the purple cow, the more people become your target audience.

Most of the world is our target audience, although we do want to target people that are more amenable to the cause first when we can. I propose to trial this in my town here for a variety of reasons:

-Im here, Minds near, we can monitor it. We are here for potential interviews that may be sought about it. It can help us in our local efforts, we can take pictures, etc..
-Its a cheap place to trial it. Big cities are more expensive.
-My town here is a college town with a big hospital. Many free thinking settlements migrated to Wisconsin in the 1800s. We host a huge annual health and wellness convention, and other related things.

I think that billboards have a lot of potential to help us hit home runs for this cause. We can monitor the registration numbers, and the unique visitor numbers, put up a billboard and watch to see if the numbers spike at all.

#4 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:57 AM

I thought I had gone over this here, but I guess I didnt. The billboard company that I contacted in my area here seemed game. They seem to like the idea. They seem fairly sold on the cause, and they seem to be willing to help us do things like get a board that is less likely to be rented again soon, but still in decent placement for the price, which means that if nobody rents it the next month(s) we get free time.

He told me to send his design guy some info. I sent it to him. I was expecting them to send some ideas, some concepts either in writing, or drawn up, but they havent yet. I think thats because they are waiting until I can indicate to them that we are more serious about paying for it. I sent them a link to a list of slogan ideas listed in the art team. I told them what our tag line and mission statement are, sent them the logo, and sent them a mock up that rwac made as a basic example for a fundraiser page and told them that we could probably get a consensus on something as simple as that but spiced up a little. Attached File  Imminst billboard.jpg   7.4KB   8 downloads

Im requesting as much as $600. Here I say $500, but the few numbers that they have thrown at me so far total $400. Those were just from initial discussions. Im planning in case there are a few other fees, I dont know, taxes, multiple colors, higher grade vinyl, I dont know what there may be, but we may be able to get this for as low of a price as $400. He said that as a non profit we get it for this much lower price, which is part of what prompted me to engage this potential test run. Regular price around here is like $2,000 a month. Regular price in metro areas is like $10,000 a month.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users