• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Modafinil increases sleepiness and gives big headaches! SUCKS!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 martin30

• 23 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:35 PM

To start, this is the real thing from ias and cost close $200 with shipping, also SWIM's urine smelled like complete garbage, which is what modafinil does. The idea of the pills being fake is completely ruled out.
Anyways, SWIM took 100mg in the morning... after 1 hour, felt a VERY MILD stimulation. Nothing even close to caffeine, and NO mood improvement. The next hour, SWIM started feeling sleepy. SWIM could not believe it! He was very excited when he got the package, especially considering the price. This is the brand name Alertec(licensed modafinil from cephalon). And worse of all, 2 hours even after that, SWIM got this big headache. He checked his blood pressure and everything was fine. For a second he was thinking of taking another 100mg pill to make sure the dose wasn't too low for stimulation, but the headache was so annoying that he didn't dare. The headache lasted like 3 hours! At some point SWIM gave up and took 2 advils.
When night arrived, he slept like a baby but woke up tired.
WTF is modafinil doing to SWIM??? Biggest disappointed EVER and waste of $200!
Can SWIM complement modafinil with something to make it work? Any ideas??

Edited by martin30, 20 June 2010 - 10:39 PM.

• dislike x 3

#2 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:26 PM

I am irritated by your use of SWIM. That belongs on forums like bluelight, not here. If you aren't comfortable admitting that you bought and used modafinil via the internet then don't talk about it. Crossposting is also frowned on.

Edited by FunkOdyssey, 20 June 2010 - 11:27 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:25 AM

Seriously, every reply to your topics so far has mentioned that SWIM is completely unnecessary here, and makes you hard to talk to. If you're not comfortable giving certain details, just don't mention where you got it, etc. Or just hand the keyboard to the person you're talking about, so they can talk normal :)

I'd say to try it again in different circumstances, time of day, etc. If you find it gives you headaches, try taking an advil at the same time, rather than waiting 3 hours.
  • like x 1

#4 silencer

• 14 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:08 AM

Modafinil...regarding headaches, that's a common side affect. Fortunately I don't get them.

Mod will not give you a big stimulant boost, and is subtle..ie you will notice that you are not drowsy when you normally would be. - That being said I would experiment with the dosage. I've found out recently with experimenation that I'm quite sensitive to high doses - maybe you're not. Certain studies have indicated the highest amount recommended (or tolerable with serious side affects) is 600mg. If 100mg does nothing for you apart from a headache and drowsiness, maybe try 200 or 300mg and ensure you've taken your advil beforehand..also ensure you're hydrated.

#5 xdopamine

• 59 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:56 AM

Yeah, similar experiences here. When i got my Modafinil prescription from my doc i was sooo excited and didn't really care about paying 60€ for 20x 200mg - a total waste of money as it turned out to be later. Everything I noticed from Modafinil was terrible headache and mild stimulation. I was mildly stimulated but still tired - great....
Deprenyl FTW! :D
  • dislike x 1

#6 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:26 PM

So why exactly were you so excited about getting hold of some Modafinil? Complaining because you had unrealistic expectations (as evidenced by your 'excitement') shows nothing but ignorance about it's true effects. How about researching a substance before you 'excitedly' shove some down your throat. :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:47 PM

I second that. Modafinil isn't the stimulant you are looking for..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users