• Life Member
  • 512 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:26 AM

International Auditorium Conference Centre:

http://www.theintern...ditorium.be/en/
Auditorium has capacity of 200 and is €1630/day
Catering not included, but there is a restaurant/cafeteria on site

Technical equipment free of charge:
• Microphones and headsets (Auditorium and B)
• LCD projector (Auditorium, B and E )
• Projection screen (Auditorium, B and C)
• Overhead projector / flipchart in all meeting rooms
• Wireless internet in all meeting rooms and lobby
Other technical equipment available:
• LCD projector
• Notebook with wireless internet access / printer
• TV / Video cassette / DVD player
• Wireless microphone
• Telephone lines
Other services: photocopying, fax, taping of conferences (Auditorium and meeting room B), catering, technical assistance, hotel reservations.

I have also, however, contacted every other place I could find that seemed like it might be viable (the rest all being hotels with conference facilities; nothing as good as the above, though most without prices on the website; could be cheaper or more expensive).

Personally, if we get good with the above, I'd simply book it right now, so we can proceed with inviting speakers and advertising the thing.

The keener-eyed will notice that @ €1630/day, for two days, this'll near enough clean out our $4,000 USD budget and not leave money for flying in speakers and accommodating them.

Here's the deal; if we then charge €50 a ticket (to me this seems reasonable and not prohibitive, though I'm open to opinions), and we have even just 150 paying attendees, that's €7,500 recuperated, which will cover the flights costs discussed here: http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=40773 and then some.

The "and then some" will be put to paying hotel costs, as will any revenue generated by auctioning sponsorship on eBay.

All in all, using this model, the conference seems likely to break even.

I seem to recall it being said somewhere that after the $4000 ImmInst provides in budget, the idea is that the organisers will go halves with ImmInst on the excess; this seems reasonable to me.

If Sven is unwilling or unable to throw money at this, I'm perfectly comfortable doing so.

#2 David Styles

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 512 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:16 PM

Booked, and reservation confirmed.

We can now go ahead and invite the speakers, and then (hopefully within a couple of days) begin advertising the event.

#3 s123

• Director
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:42 PM

Nice room!

sponsored ad

• Advert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users