Photo

Reputation System: settings

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:33 PM

I definitely agree with funk; non-entity unregistered users shouldn't have the ability to act in the forum.

#32 caliban

• Topic Starter
  • Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

I think he's referring to "guests", ie people that aren't registered with the forum at all. Not "registered users".

well I was referring to registered users, apologies if there was confusion.
People without an account cannot vote reputation.

Near the bottom of the page you can change the threshold for viewing posts. The list box values need to be adjusted though.

Thanks. I changed those values to something more useful.
This means goodbye for member-based reputation entirely, so don't worry about what it says on your profile.

#33 Nootropic Cat

• 148 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:58 PM

I posted this in the 'Reputation how does it work' thread but this is the more relevant one.

Can't find the thread that directly related to this, but I don't like ratings at all. If people deserve banning then do it. If they don't then why try to influence a reader's judgement of them? I'm interested in most of the topics that get discussed on this forum but at present I have little to teach the generally already well-informed posters. If I post in health or supplement related topics it will be to ask a possibly facile question. I'll know it falls into the 'LOL use search/google' bracket if no one bothers to respond. If I also pick up negative votes for my efforts it will just make me feel bad and less inclined to post here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users