Photo
- - - - -

different piracetam batches

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brain

• 148 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:08 AM

I've noticed that the consistency of different batches of the piracetam powder I order from smartpowders varies batch-to-batch. Around six months ago, I started taking piracetam again, and had success with that batch for around three months. I ordered again, didn't really take much note of any obvious visual differences, but did notice that the effects seemed to change a bit. It still worked, but it didn't have the same 'magic' that I had had before when using the batch before this, and started to notice some more questionably negative effects over time, like some depression and increasing mental slowness. I didn't know what to attribute this to, and obviously, there are plenty of other reasons that might account for this.

Recently, I ordered a third batch from smart powders, and I noticed that the consistency of the powder was different. It was fluffier, finer, and when I poured it on my tongue, it dissolved in a way the other batches didn't and had a sweeter, more tolerable taste. Since I've been using this batch, in the same dosage, I'm starting to notice that some of the 'old' effects are coming back.

What I'm asking is if anyone else has noticed any connections between different batches of this $99-for-3-kilos powder and different subjective effects. I'm starting to think the last one might have had something nasty in it. The difference is similar to - if you've used acid, "dirty" acid and "clean" acid. They both have an effect, they both actually are acid, but there's a noticeable difference in clarity. Similar thing going on here, there is a cleaner feel to this one. Unless it's something else.

other possibilities:

-I now take 5-htp now and then, I may have restored my 5ht levels.
-I started taking a proprietary mixture of taurine, glycine, GABA, inositol, b6, niacin (I already take the B vitamins)
-I started taking magnesium

Either way, the possibility can't be ruled out, and from now on I'm personally going to try and stick to higher-quality brands/sources that provide third-party COAs.

Edited by brain, 01 July 2010 - 06:11 AM.

#2 brain

• Topic Starter
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:35 AM

Update: I just noticed that the supplement I was talking about (country life GABA relaxer) has 200 mg of niacin in it. I've been taking twice the recommended daily dosage, figuring it couldn't do much harm, which amounts to 400 mg of niacin a day. I've been doing this for a few days. I know someone else said this helped piracetam be effective for them, so maybe this is what's up.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:55 PM

I had a couple tubs of 1fast's stuff from about 2 years ago, which I finished this spring. Have been using one of the 3kg batches for about two months now, and I haven't noticed any difference in effect or taste. I thought there might be a slight smell to this stuff, whereas the older stuff had little or none. But it might be the smell of the container, or an odor from the chemical which had dissipated in the older batch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users