Photo
- - - - -

How to Get Serum Supp Levels Checked?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Curiouser

• 32 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:03 AM

I've noticed that some of the regular posters on here get regular serum levels done of their Supps and all kinds of other things. How do you get this done? Do you convince your GP/PCP to order all of this? Is there a mail-order service in which you send in some blood and they send you back your results? Something else?

#2 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:13 AM

It really depends on what it is. You posted this in the nootropic forum, but I'm not aware of many noots you can conveniently test serum levels of. Lots of people get tests done for vitamin/mineral levels and other health markers. The most reliable ones are probably through your doctor...there's not much reason for them to refuse, but convincing them that your insurance will pay for it might be tough unless you suspect a problem. You can do mail-order blood tests for some things, like vitamin D, and probably others. You can also get saliva and hair tests for many things, but I doubt they're as accurate as professional blood tests.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users