• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:07 PM

Gents, sorry to meddle but please sort out

1) a members discount for the conference

I'm sorry if we had assumed that this was a given. This is standard practice and we even promise conference discounts when people sign up as members. With a small conference fee like this it can be a symbolic amount, and we may not even want to check up on people if that is too much hassle, but it should be there, on paper. So I would suggest using the current prices as members' discount and establish a slightly more expensive non-members fee, but the details are up to you of course.
Have you thought about early bird rates?

2) poster & presenters slots

Again, I'm very sorry that I had assumed this was already part of the plan. I would very, very rarely attend a conference where I don't get to present. People should be able to put up posters and it would be good if we had the option to select some (1-2?) for a short talk. I hope that should not be a problem given that all speakers slots are currently very long indeed.

It would be great if you could tackle these asap in the invites, so that we can move forward with marketing the event.

#2 s123

• Director
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

1) Yes, a discount is a good idea.

2) I've proposed to rent a room in a pub nearby for these poster presentations. However, no arrangements have been made so far. We asked in March for candidates who would like to present something during the conference. Nobody has replied so far except for Adam who showed an interest but no concrete proposal. The deadline for submissions was set to be the 25th of July. Maybe we should reset the deadline to a later date?

http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=39858

#3 caliban

• Topic Starter
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:56 PM

Things were still pretty tentative back in March
I think it would help if you give people a box to tick when submitting their registration to apply for a poster or a short talk slot. Maybe some notables apply.

But thats your choice, this is not a must-have issue such as the members discount.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 caliban

• Topic Starter
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:44 PM

guys can you confirm please?

#5 David Styles

• Life Member
  • 512 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:46 PM

I have been very busy these past few days with Cryonics commitments and am out presently but will attend to these matters promptly.

Edit: Hopefully this evening, when I have finished the prep work for this weekend.

Edited by David Styles, 23 July 2010 - 01:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users