• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Text box entries (not) saved between browser sessions?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:45 PM

I'm not sure if this is a forum software issue or peculiar to my broswer, but I'll throw it out here:

In firefox, I have it set up to save my open tabs between browser sessions. If I start to compose a post, say in the quick reply box, it used to still be there if I closed and re-opened my browser.

Since the upgrade, what I typed will still be in the box, in very small, italicized text. But when I click the box to start entering text, it all disappears.

I suspect this might be due to the fact that the editing features only appear once you click into the text area, and this changes the window parameters somehow. But I can't remember how the old setup worked; I think the editing features were always on.

Anyway, this obviously isn't a big concern, and I can work around it pretty easily by saving text in another program, or seeing if the Lazarus plugin will still work with this setup. But I thought I'd mention it, just in case someone else has any better knowledge of what might be causing this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users