Photo
- - - - -

Craving grape juice

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:41 PM

I know many here believe that drinking too much juice is a bad thing. Lately I have been craving grape juice and feel better after drinking it. I feel like whenever I'm not well or need to detoxify, I crave grape juice. I used to drink it all the time, feeling like I needed it for some reason. Anyway, as long as I don't feel bad or have some kind of sugar crash, I see nothing wrong with drinking a certain amount of grape juice regularly.

Almost forgot to mention, slurping on grape juice in crushed ice is sooooo good.

Edited by morganator, 22 July 2010 - 09:46 PM.

#2 Trevor

• 56 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:18 PM

I know where you're coming from. This is your body's sugar craving. Not much different than craving a piece of pie. You may want to take a glucose tolerance test to make sure you aren't having blood sugar/insulin problems. Try fasting one day a week from breakfast to breakfast or from dinner to dinner and see if that doesn't retrain your brain.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 yoyo

• 582 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:28 AM

i like my grape juice properly fermented...

#4 Logan

• Topic Starter
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:02 AM

I know where you're coming from. This is your body's sugar craving. Not much different than craving a piece of pie. You may want to take a glucose tolerance test to make sure you aren't having blood sugar/insulin problems. Try fasting one day a week from breakfast to breakfast or from dinner to dinner and see if that doesn't retrain your brain.

Yeah but I only crave grape juice, if I ate a piece of pie it would make me feel like shit. When I drink other juices its just not the same. I've done some pretty hardcore fasting recently, didn't change a thing. I only have the grape juice cravings when I feel gross and feel like I need to "clean" my body. Anyway, I'm sure there is some truth to was you said, I just think there is something about grape juice, that's all.

#5 Application

• 153 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:10 AM

IIRC, grape juice has one of the highest pH of any fruit juice.

Yeah but I only crave grape juice, if I ate a piece of pie it would make me feel like shit. When I drink other juices its just not the same. I've done some pretty hardcore fasting recently, didn't change a thing. I only have the grape juice cravings when I feel gross and feel like I need to "clean" my body. Anyway, I'm sure there is some truth to was you said, I just think there is something about grape juice, that's all.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users