• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

A Camera that decides the best pic

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

Almost Genius: A Camera That Decides the Best Pic to Take
Nadia presages a day when the camera will tell you how to take prettier pictures.

...consider this: Much of what makes a picture artistic could actually be programmed into a camera. Diagonal compositions, color contrasts, foreground/background? All of these are pretty simple things for a computer to vet.

The logical next step? German designer Andrew Kupresanin has designed Nadia, a little black camera dressed like a Goth Flip that
contains an "aesthetics inference engine," which assesses the artistic quality of a potential shot.

That sounds like a great idea for the next generation of cameras. I bet a camera could do a decent job of evaluating pictures.

Also, a camera that makes people smile, no matter their original mood.

http://www.todayandt...1/snappy-snaps/

Edited by rwac, 25 July 2010 - 02:32 PM.

#2 Reno

• 584 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

I hate to say that there are some things that can't be programmed, but... I'm afraid that when it comes to aesthetics in photography it most likely can't be done.

There are just so many different choices that can be made when creating a "good" photograph that I don't see how a camera could judge with any accuracy what is good and what isn't. The more likely path is that the camera will be programmed to give suggestions in the form of voice or text messages while the person working, until the person learns to judge on their own the aesthetic value of a composition.

sponsored ad

• Advert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users