Photo
- - - - -

Aniracetam Log

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:32 AM

I seem to sensitive to Piracetam's negative side effects regardless of how much or how good of a choline source I use. I've tried alpha-gpc, dmae, alcar, lecithin at various doses and combinations. I still get irritable (crabby) at doses of 800mg or above. I feel slightly irritable with a 800mg dose and at 1.6g it is pretty bad. It seems that 500mg doses spaced 8 hours apart is ideal for me. However, at that dosage I'm wondering if is doing anything positive. I've ordered some Aniracetam to see if this racetam is better suited to my biochemistryh.

#2 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:41 PM

I seem to sensitive to Piracetam's negative side effects regardless of how much or how good of a choline source I use. I've tried alpha-gpc, dmae, alcar, lecithin at various doses and combinations. I still get irritable (crabby) at doses of 800mg or above. I feel slightly irritable with a 800mg dose and at 1.6g it is pretty bad. It seems that 500mg doses spaced 8 hours apart is ideal for me. However, at that dosage I'm wondering if is doing anything positive. I've ordered some Aniracetam to see if this racetam is better suited to my biochemistryh.

Do you order the powder from smart powders or you prefer the pills from let's say relentless improvement? I guess the powder would be more cost effective.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:57 PM

I get powders for nearly everything I take (because of cost). It also makes it easier to split the dosages any way I like. Because aniracetam has such a short half life, I'm also going to play with frequent microdoses disolved in milk or something with a bit of fat.

#4 rvdvaart

• 72 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:59 PM

I'm the opposite as you. Aniracetam makes me irritable and anxious. Piracetam is great. It improves my mood, concentration, memory and without any side effects. Everyones biochemistry is different. Try Ani if Piracetam doesn't work for you.

#5 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:49 PM

I'm the opposite as you. Aniracetam makes me irritable and anxious. Piracetam is great. It improves my mood, concentration, memory and without any side effects. Everyones biochemistry is different. Try Ani if Piracetam doesn't work for you.

You are lucky because Piracetam is much much cheaper! I'll probably just stack the two keeping my 500mg x 2 Piracetam dose.

#6 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:16 PM

If you ordered some, I'll be curious to see if it works for you. I also don't respond that well to aniracetam. It has a good effect on my mood, but interferes with my thinking in a way that's different from piracetam's brain fog. I'm experimenting now with ~50mg dosages, but it's still not that great. Which is unfortunate, because the AMPA mechanism could potentially have a beneficial effect on memory.

#7 outsider

• 396 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:59 AM

From personal experience from piracetam to oxiracetam to aniracetam, it gets only more intense.

#8 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

From personal experience from piracetam to oxiracetam to aniracetam, it gets only more intense.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure and start with a low dosage.

#9 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:47 PM

Well after a whole tub of 500 g of piracetam from smart powder later i am now thinking of going on to try another racetam. I think ill give aniracetam a go. It's so costly though, kinda sucks! Perhaps because it might be the real deal, who knows.

#10 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:34 PM

Took 250mg of aniracetam with 800mg of piracetam and 300mg of alpha-gpc and 800mg of alcar. Only difference is the addition of ani. I don't feel the sleepiness that some do. I don't feel irritable like I would if I just took more piracetam. I have a bit of a localized headache (almost like a sinus headache), but I think that is from driving while squinting from the sun for an hour last night. Not much to report yet.

#11 FrequencyX

• 51 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:32 PM

Took 250mg of aniracetam with 800mg of piracetam and 300mg of alpha-gpc and 800mg of alcar. Only difference is the addition of ani. I don't feel the sleepiness that some do. I don't feel irritable like I would if I just took more piracetam. I have a bit of a localized headache (almost like a sinus headache), but I think that is from driving while squinting from the sun for an hour last night. Not much to report yet.

Be sure to keep us posted!

#12 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:44 PM

Be sure to keep us posted!

I took my second dose with the same combination as above. No headache this time. The Ani might actually be offsetting the negative side effects I get from Piracetam (although the negative effects are slight at 800mg x 2 anyways). The only time I really notice bad effects from 800 x 2 is if I took 1.6 x 2 the previous day. Time will tell.

#13 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:57 AM

aniracetam is awesome in my experience. if I take around 1-1.5 grams it gives me a deeper thinking ability, in a way similar to on psychedelics or weed. music and visual perception and appreciation are much greater. then after 3-4 hours it levels off to a relaxing calm feeling for a while.

3-5+ grams and it starts actually feeling like I'm "on a drug", examples: completely worry free, feels something like the mental state during meditation, vision/hearing is super enhanced along, mood mildly enhanced

it did give me heavy brain fog the first 2 days though, maybe my brain getting used to the feeling..

#14 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

aniracetam is awesome in my experience. if I take around 1-1.5 grams it gives me a deeper thinking ability, in a way similar to on psychedelics or weed. music and visual perception and appreciation are much greater.
then after 3-4 hours it levels off to a relaxing calm feeling for a while. 3-5+ grams and it starts actually feeling like I'm "on a drug", examples: completely worry free, feels something like the mental state during meditation,
vision/hearing is super enhanced along, mood mildly enhanced

Cool. Note to self: must pick up some aniracetam. ;)

#15 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:34 PM

aniracetam is awesome in my experience. if I take around 1-1.5 grams it gives me a deeper thinking ability, in a way similar to on psychedelics or weed. music and visual perception and appreciation are much greater. then after 3-4 hours it levels off to a relaxing calm feeling for a while.

3-5+ grams and it starts actually feeling like I'm "on a drug", examples: completely worry free, feels something like the mental state during meditation, vision/hearing is super enhanced along, mood mildly enhanced

it did give me heavy brain fog the first 2 days though, maybe my brain getting used to the feeling..

Cool, great description of your experience with it! I'm on a few things at the moment which are really working for me but I have aniracetam on its way in the post - I intened to trial it at some point. It's been on my to do list for a couple of years now. I am especially interested in its impact on cognition, memory but also its reported effects on anxiety and depression.

Piracetam (which I love) is not something I can use everyday and I have to cycle it (not taking when I have days off work)

I anticipate that aniracetam would be pretty similar in that repsect, if not more so due to the fact it is going to have far greater intensity.

I tried Oxiracetam but that stuff is a total mind trip for me. It felt like piracetam multiplied by 10 washed down with a crate of coffee. It was interesting but it increased anxiety ten fold which was not a good thing for me.
Due to aniracetam's reported effects on anxiety/depression (and that it is more or less similar to oxiracetam in terms of strength) I am hoping it might be a better choice.

On a side note if there is anyone from the UK who fancies this pot of oxiracetam I have (expires 2012), I have about 45g left (originally a 50g tub). Maybe I could swap for something you don't want or if you just want to buy it outright for a nominal fee (I mean I'm not going to be taking it, so it will go to waste otherwise)

Edited by Thorsten, 31 July 2010 - 06:40 PM.

#16 Colli

• 59 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:07 PM

@Thorsten

PM sent.

#17 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

As an experiment, I upped the dosage until I really felt the side effects. I tried 500mg, 750mg, and finally 1g. The side effect of taking too much is I lose the ability to focus and I see double (even with my glasses). I should point out this is a problem in general for me. Without my glasses I see double, and if I drink to much, etc. I have a muscular imbalance between the inner and outer muscles of the eye.

I didn't notice anything positive at any dose.

I'll stick with 250mg twice a day because that is pretty economical and doesn't have any sides.

#18 lowryat

• 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:15 PM

i've been experimenting with aniracetam in combination with DMAE and CHoline without positive benefits. The Aniracetam seems to just make me tired and not much else. Ive tried varying doses from 500mg-1500mg and choline doses of 200 mg-500mg. Can someone tell me if im doing something wrong or am i just not a responder to this particular racetam? Also im wondering if i need a better source of choline. I have choliine bitrate and am wondering if i should of spent some extra money and got a better source. I am new to nootropics so any advice would help.

#19 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:25 PM

I think for these experiments we should not just rely on "feeling something", but do something more rigorous like brain testing such as "dual-n-back". Maybe my brain functioning has improved by 30%, but what would that feel like?

#20 lowryat

• 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:59 PM

I think for these experiments we should not just rely on "feeling something", but do something more rigorous like brain testing such as "dual-n-back". Maybe my brain functioning has improved by 30%, but what would that feel like?

I agree but most people who have used aniracetam say that it was very noticeable and it made them alert and gave them energy in comparison to being drowsy. Im going to continue to experiment withit and do some "brain testing" but as of now i cant see that it will benefit me.

#21 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:05 PM

I agree but most people who have used aniracetam say that it was very noticeable and it made them alert and gave them energy in comparison to being drowsy. Im going to continue to experiment withit and do some "brain testing" but as of now i cant see that it will benefit me.

I know the feeling. I was really hoping to feel something positive. Actually I am feel pretty focused today with a 250mg dose (along with 800mg of Piracetam). I think the rule of thumb is to lower the dosage if you are feeling drowsy. I read one report of a person having success with 50mg(!) and feeling drowsy with high doses.

#22 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:24 PM

One other thing I should note: Something very unusual happened after taking 1g of aniracetam: I woke up last night at 3am and I was had very bad anxiety that I would have a bad dream if I went to back to sleep. I don't remember having a nightmare, but I thought I was going to have a really bad dream. I'm not sure if ani caused it but the 1g later at night was just an experiment anyways. I'm planning on dosing it 250mg twice a day none at night. Just thought I would post it because I came across another post saying that ani worked but they had this looming feeling that something bad was going to happen to him. Soundded similar enough I thought I would post it.

#23 lowryat

• 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:09 PM

Yesterday i took about 400 mg along with my choline and DMAE and had a much better reaction. I felt awake and good. Also, I am prescribed Ritalin and took my normal dose of 20 mg in the morning. Many days I dont even realize i took anything but yesterday my effects felt much more intense but without the negative side effects that i usually get from ADD medicine. I normally hate the feeling when im on my medicine but it gave me a much more natural feeling.

Im going to continue experimenting with lower doses of the Aniracetam and will write back

#24 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:53 PM

Yesterday i took about 400 mg along with my choline and DMAE and had a much better reaction. I felt awake and good. Also, I am prescribed Ritalin and took my normal dose of 20 mg in the morning. Many days I dont even realize i took anything but yesterday my effects felt much more intense but without the negative side effects that i usually get from ADD medicine. I normally hate the feeling when im on my medicine but it gave me a much more natural feeling.

Im going to continue experimenting with lower doses of the Aniracetam and will write back

Are you only dosing once a day? I'm dosing 2-3 times a day (with meals). Wikipedia lists the half life as 1-2.5 hours.

#25 lowryat

• 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:18 PM

Are you only dosing once a day? I'm dosing 2-3 times a day (with meals). Wikipedia lists the half life as 1-2.5 hours.

Only once a day right now because im trying to figure out my own best personal doses before going off to college. Im just kind of testing everything out and trying to get all my supps ready for college and then i will be dosing 2-3 timesd a day. Whats your own personal experience with Piracetam in comparison to Aniracetam?

#26 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:28 PM

Only once a day right now because im trying to figure out my own best personal doses before going off to college. Im just kind of testing everything out and trying to get all my supps ready for college and then i will be dosing 2-3 timesd a day. Whats your own personal experience with Piracetam in comparison to Aniracetam?

I'm pretty sensitive to it. About 800mg is all I can handle. Any more than that and I get very irritable (even with the best choline sources). Aniracetam seems to have different side effects. Any more than 250mg or so and I have trouble with double vision.

Piracetam is much much cheaper. If you can tolerate it, I would add it in.

#27 FrequencyX

• 51 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:16 AM

I am the same way health_nutty. I am down to around 400MG twice a day at the moment. Any more then that, I get irritated and edgy. I did order some 750MG caps as well to try out along side the Piracetam. I may have to split them in half. We shall see..

Edited by FrequencyX, 04 August 2010 - 03:20 AM.

#28 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:39 AM

I experimented today with aniracetam. I can see what people say about the enhanced colour saturation. It's also really fast acting, I usually don't notice the effect Piracetam has on colour until it reaches 7hrs.
It's too early to say what effect it is having on my cognitive processes but I mighht start using this first thing in the morning each day to give it a proper trial.

#29 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:33 PM

My sensitivity to Piracetam seems to be gone! I think it is because I upped my ALCAR dosage to 4g (2g twice daily). I'm also taking aniracetam at 500mg a day (250mg twice daily). I'm up to 2.4g of Piracetam with no negative effects and I'm noticing some nice positive effects such as increased focus.

Edited by health_nutty, 05 August 2010 - 03:34 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:58 PM

^^thanks for letting me know this.

I wanted to say that these logs you're keeping are excellent. Your observation and method of titration is spot on, and has allowed you a lot of insight into what each factor is doing in this equation. I've learned a lot about possible reactions to these substances from your solutions, and has had a direct influence on how I explain and troubleshoot the process when people ask.

So thanks, and keep it up! :-D

btw, I've been trying aniracetam again this week, as well. Large doses (500-1500mg) are working much better than they used to. Not as much brain fog. Its effects seem distinct from piracetam; there is a subtle warm mood shift, I feel generally more motivated and contented, and I'm a little more creative and better at brainstorming and problem-solving. On the flip side, it doesn't give me the verbal eloquence and ability to focus for hours on complex research like piracetam does. The combo is working well, too; the drawback I just mentioned makes it somewhat impractical as a daily addition, but its short half-life makes it practical to help me get certain kinds of things done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users