Photo
- - - - -

Throat Tightness

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 FrequencyX

• 51 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:05 PM

I have been taking Piracetam since July 17th with subtle improvements but some weird effects. Seems like no matter how much of a dose of Piracetam I take, I get this "tightness" feeling in my throat. Its almost like the feeling you get when your about to cry and your neck kind of tightens up. I think its almost the same feeling as if you get a little irritated or crabby feeling. Its only minor and more of an annoyance if anything. I have tried different doses of Piracetam as stated as well as Choline with the same effects. I even ditched ALCAR one day and only used Piracetam, Multi and a fish oil and no choline and the tightness irritated feeling returned.

The loading phase of Piracetam I did not notice this. Have my receptors been screwed up somehow or maybe I need a better source of Choline? Has anyone else experienced this? Is this mainly from the blood pressure increase due to the Piracetam? Thyroid possibly?

Morning Ritual (Today):
x500 ALCAR
100MG L-Theanine
1/4 Teaspoon Piracetam
1200MG Soy Lecithin
1000MG Carlson's Fish Oil

Afternoon
x500 ALCAR
1000MG Fish Oil
1/4 Teaspoon Piracetam

Some mornings I don't notice it and feel great with the noted vibrancy of Music, Focus ETC and feel in the zone. Other days its like this.
  • like x 1

#2 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:47 AM

Very strange. Do you feel like your jaw is clenching, perhaps? Or is it in an area that is out of your normal control? (The 'about to cry' sensation is a vivid image, but not a symptom I've heard before)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 FrequencyX

• Topic Starter
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:00 AM

Very strange. Do you feel like your jaw is clenching, perhaps? Or is it in an area that is out of your normal control? (The 'about to cry' sensation is a vivid image, but not a symptom I've heard before)

Right underneath my jaws kindof were my lymph nodes are located is where the feeling is. I would say its somewhat like a clenching too. I ended up double dosing today and felt pretty good and did not really notice afterwards. I am planning on getting some Ani to add in and possibly some Lithium Orotate to add to the stack. We will see how that works out

#4 outsider

• 396 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:55 AM

I had the same lately. Magnesium deficiency can do the same. I took some mag and it went away.

#5 KimberCT

• 472 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:42 AM

It's a physical manifestation of anxiety.  Magnesium is, in a way, an anxiolytic.

I can't take piracetam for this reason... it makes my anxiety worse.

#6 outsider

• 396 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:50 AM

It's a physical manifestation of anxiety.  Magnesium is, in a way, an anxiolytic.

In my case it was an artificial deficiency caused by too much vit D. All of a sudden I became physically and mentally weak.

Too much vit D can dramatically increase urinary excretion of Mg. But again everyone is different.

http://jn.nutrition....nt/121/1/13.pdf

Also magnesium and parathyroid (on your thyroid) are working very closely.

Magnesium and the parathyroid
Auteur(s) / Author(s)
VETTER Thorsten ; LOHSE Martin J. ;
Résumé / Abstract
The serum levels of parathyroid hormone and magnesium depend on each other in a complex manner. The secretion of parathyroid hormone by the parathyroid is physiologically controlled by the serum calcium level, but magnesium can exert similar effects. While low levels of magnesium stimulate parathyroid hormone secretion, very low serum concentrations induce a paradoxical block. This block leads to clinically relevant hypocalcemia in severely hypomagnesiemic patients. The mechanism of this effect has recently been traced to an activation of the α-subunits of heterotrimeric G-proteins. This activation mimicks activation of the calcium sensing receptor and thus causes inhibition of parathyroid hormone secretion. In addition to the effects of magnesium on parathyroid hormone secretion, parathyroid hormone in turn regulates magnesium homeostasis by modulating renal magnesium reabsorption. The distal convoluted tubule is of crucial importance for parathyroid hormone-regulated magnesium homeostasis.

Maybe my vit D experiment showed me that I could benefit from magnesium supplementation.

Edited by outsider, 03 September 2010 - 10:18 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 FrequencyX

• Topic Starter
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:59 PM

In my case it was an artificial deficiency caused by too much vit D. All of a sudden I became physically and mentally weak.

Too much vit D can dramatically increase urinary excretion of Mg. But again everyone is different.

http://jn.nutrition....nt/121/1/13.pdf

Also magnesium and parathyroid (on your thyroid) are working very closely.

Magnesium and the parathyroid
Auteur(s) / Author(s)
VETTER Thorsten ; LOHSE Martin J. ;
Résumé / Abstract
The serum levels of parathyroid hormone and magnesium depend on each other in a complex manner. The secretion of parathyroid hormone by the parathyroid is physiologically controlled by the serum calcium level, but magnesium can exert similar effects. While low levels of magnesium stimulate parathyroid hormone secretion, very low serum concentrations induce a paradoxical block. This block leads to clinically relevant hypocalcemia in severely hypomagnesiemic patients. The mechanism of this effect has recently been traced to an activation of the α-subunits of heterotrimeric G-proteins. This activation mimicks activation of the calcium sensing receptor and thus causes inhibition of parathyroid hormone secretion. In addition to the effects of magnesium on parathyroid hormone secretion, parathyroid hormone in turn regulates magnesium homeostasis by modulating renal magnesium reabsorption. The distal convoluted tubule is of crucial importance for parathyroid hormone-regulated magnesium homeostasis.

Maybe my vit D experiment showed me that I could benefit from magnesium supplementation.

Funny that you mention the Magnesium. I have been supplementing 250MG a day if I remember to take it. I have not really noticed the tightness since. I have also recently stopped taking Piracetam, as I could not find any benefit to choking it down every day. I had a few stimulating days where music was crisp and vibrant and I was in a good mood, but I could not replicate those effects no matter the dosage. I have tried Aniracetam as well with no noticeable difference. I might try some Lithium O or some Rhodiola next. Blah mood all of the time, tears at the ready 24/7, extremely hard to lose weight, sciatica issue\disc issue that has not healed in 3 years etc. Thyroid possibly? My mother was diagnosed about 10 years ago with a Thyroid condition and has taken Levothyroxine ever since. Sorry for the rambling...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users