Photo
- - - - -

Hoodia

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NR2(x)

• 253 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:56 AM

Hoodia gordonii is a succulent plant from the botanical family Asclepiadaceae. This plant has a spiny appearance resembling a cactus, and has been used for centuries by the San Bushmen of South Africa as a way of controlling hunger and thirst during extended hunting expeditions in the Kalahari desert, although the gordonii species was described as animal food sujecting potential toxicity of various compounds.Plifzers held a constuient molecule under development for weightloss purposes but were unable to commerically synthesis. It is suggested that liver toxins exist in the crude extract. I am really interested in the modal chemical for reasons of enhanced cognition due to its ability to increase ATP in the Hypo Thalamus by over 50% for 2-3 days. The hypothalamus is part of the central executive and increased ATP should strongly enhance glutamate based plasticity.
http://en.wikipedia....Hoodia_gordonii

steroidal glycosides: http://en.wikipedia..../P57_(glycoside)

I imagine that the mechanism is through nuclear receptors(DNA & RNA) that are modified to reflect a higher energy state. It would be expected that glycosidiation(sugars) of sterols would occur under nutrient rich conditions and such the body has the ability to increase energy production.

Im interested in peoples ideas about nootropic potential, toxicity potential and purification process.

M

Edited by NR2(x), 03 August 2010 - 08:00 AM.

#2 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:17 AM

I am really interested in the modal chemical for reasons of enhanced cognition due to its ability to increase ATP in the Hypo Thalamus by over 50% for 2-3 days.

Is this data from this paper? Because they used ICV injection.

You'll be more likely to get responses to such a hypothesis if you post some kind of references (besides the wikipedia page) for some of the links in your line of reasoning.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 NR2(x)

• Topic Starter
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:23 AM

I saw the article, the bioavialability is good and similar results are demonstrated by oral admin, will follow up with references when free;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users