Photo

August Outreach

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:11 AM

Criteria- We'll post this some place more official when we get it worked out, but here is the starter list.
-somebody we can get through to about the cause.
-preferably mid range VIP, because big ones are likely to be bombarded with mail and or be too busy or full of themselves, etc... to small of a VIP and it can start to defeat the purpose.
-preferably somebody that has mentioned something related to this cause before, and of course that doesnt have a negative opinion of it. Direct mentions of living forever, or cryonics or something are best, but things like, for example we sent a letter out to Mark Cuban in November because he mentioned his open mindedness to performance enhancing drugs.
-make sure they are not negatively controversial.
-preferably somebody with a high top fade.
-more potential criteria to be added as we go.

This is a loose guideline, but recommended:

First Week- Pick three contacts, look up contact info, and call right away to verify you can reach them through the contact info. I suggest taking suggestions with reasons why now, 5 to 10 of them, then widdle them down on the 6th and 7th. Use the criteria, and remember that the criteria is evolving. You can add to that and discuss that any time too.

Second Week- Craft the letters.

Third Week- Put the final touches on the letters and send them out. Optional: send out an email at this time too.

Fourth Week- This week is a buffer week, for waiting for responses, doing optional potential calls, making sure the books get sent out, preparing for the next month, you could throw in a bonus contact or two during this time if your feeling ambitious.

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:27 PM

Im going with 2 this month, Professors John Harris, bio ethicist, and Steve Fuller, sociologist. Both were involved in a discussion revolving around Transhumanism. Both seemed to take an exploratory stance, and both it seems can perhaps be swayed with a little extra information and potential attention to the matter. Of course, Ill focus in on indefinite life extension with them.

#3 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:34 AM

I'm going with Tom Jones, and I'll have the other in a jiffy.

edit: I'm going with physicist Michio Kaku, as he was suggested and has an interest in the future of humankind.

Edited by dfowler, 09 August 2010 - 07:17 AM.

#4 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:00 AM

Dear Mr. Jones:

My name is Devon Fowler, and I head up the VIP Outreach project at the Immortality Institute; a non-profit longevity/anti-aging organization.

In a recent interview you mentioned you'd like to keep performing forever, and well, we thought you might be a great advocate for the anti aging, indefinite life extension cause.

Our organization is focused on defeating the aging process in humans. What most people don't realize is that there is burgeoning research into ways to slow down, halt, or even reverse the aging process in other animals and eventually in people. I can assure you it's being very much worked on.

You may be familiar with Dr. Aubrey de Grey, who is an English bio-gerontologist who has set up an organization called the SENS Foundation (Strategies for Engineered Negligible Senescence). He and his team wish to work to combat the 7 causes of aging that have been identified, through an innovative engineering approach; he has also written a top selling book called “Ending Aging,” which discusses his unique vision. I have sent you a copy of this book.

There is much more going on currently in the anti-aging/longevity field, and my mission as VIP Outreach leader is to inform the world as to what is going on. We decided that by reaching out to top celebrities and VIPs we could really help spread the word about what is going on, and it would be wonderful to have a person like you interested this.

I would love to chat with you further about this, so we cordially invite you to our web-tv chat show called “Sunday Evening Update.” On this show we have talked with many other guests about their opinions on life extension, and we would very much like to hear yours!

You can contact me at fowlerdevon@gmail.com or on my cell at.

Sincerely,

Devon Fowler
VIP Project Manger
Immortality Institute
www.imminst.org

#5 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:17 AM

Im pretty sure we already contacted Kaku. Draw up a list if you get time.

#6 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:05 AM

ok I'll come up with someone else soon.

#7 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

Dear Bruce Willis:

My name is Devon Fowler, and I head up the VIP Outreach project at the Immortality Institute; a non-profit longevity/anti-aging organization.

Some people have described you as a free thinking person, and you clearly seem like someone who cares deeply about humanitarian causes. Well we are working on one of the most important causes to ever be thought of, which is eradicating aging, and thus diseases that come with it from the human genome. Right now we really want to inform famous celebrities and other people about what's happening in anti-aging right now.

Our organization is focused on defeating the aging process in humans. What most people don't realize is that there is burgeoning research into ways to slow down, halt, or even reverse the aging process in other animals, and one day, people. I can assure you it's being very much worked on.

You may be familiar with Dr. Aubrey de Grey, who is an English bio-gerontologist who has set up an organization called the SENS Foundation (Strategies for Engineered Negligible Senescence). He and his team work to combat what the 7 causes of aging that have been identified, through an innovative engineering approach; he has also written a top selling book called “Ending Aging,” which discusses his unique vision. I have sent you a copy of this book.

There is much more going on currently in the anti-aging/longevity field, and my mission as VIP Outreach leader is to inform the world as to what is going on. We decided that by reaching out to top celebrities and VIPs we could really help spread the word about what is going on, and it would be wonderful to have a person like you interested this.

I would love to chat with you further about this, so we cordially invite you to our web-tv chat show called “Sunday Evening Update.” On this show we have talked with many other guests about their opinions on life extension, and we would very much like to hear yours!

You can contact me at fowlerdevon@gmail.com or on my cell at.

Sincerely,

Devon Fowler
VIP Project Manger
Immortality Institute
www.imminst.org

#8 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:41 PM

Heres the draft of the letter to my two picks. Please let me know if you have editing adjustment suggestions. Ill be going over it a few more times.

Hello,

I work with the movement for indefinite life extension. Part of this includes working to defeat the 7 forms of damage that accumulate in our cells over time, eventually ageing us to death. One of the things we do is work to help develop all the potential strategies for defeating those forms of damage that we can. At this time there are only a few that are worked out.

One that is worked out the best at this point is called SENS and is outlined in a way that is written for the laymen in a book called Ending Aging. I will send you a free copy of that book if you request it. In the mean time however, I have a shipment of cryonics books that Ive sent you a copy of with this letter. Its a compilation of short stories that go over future scenerios involving cryonics. I feel like its a great book for interested bio ethics and sociology professors to incorporate in to a class or two. If you agree then let me know and I can help you acquire some more, possibly free or at discount price.

We also invite you to do an interview on our small internet web show. We are looking for your views, whether positive or negative, on cryonics and the movement for indefinite life extension. We have had many big names on in the past including Dr. Ronald Klatz, Dr. Terry Grossman, Professor of Philosophy at Brown University Felicia Nimue Ackerman, and many others. You can view the show and listing at - imminst.org/tv

Very best of regards,
Eric Schulke
Director
Imminst.org
1-715-344-4054

#9 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:04 AM

Fowler, again, I suggest you go shorter. Even my letter is a bit too long. Its alright though, it works, it can get the message out, if they choose to read it. Just keep working on brevity. Thats part of why its important to keep it extra short. This is why, for example, twitter works, people will read a few lines, but not 40. Twitter for example would not work if there was a 300 character max. Manager has a typo.

Edited by brokenportal, 19 August 2010 - 12:10 AM.

#10 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:46 AM

The reason I chose that length was to go into SOME detail, just a bit, to show them that we are legit and there is real work going on. If I just say quick things like we are fighting the aging process etc. then I bet they will think scam.

#11 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:04 PM

Ive sent these both. On to September.

Give us your suggestions for people to contact in the September goals or one of the suggestion topics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users