Photo
- - - - -

Chess

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 supreme89

• 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:30 AM

Which Nootropics can help improve my chess skills? Btw, I'm already an expert level player (1900+).

#2 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:15 PM

Well, what are the most important mental components to a good chess game? Which ones do you feel you need a boost in personally?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:02 PM

Which Nootropics can help improve my chess skills? Btw, I'm already an expert level player (1900+).

To be considered an expert you have to be rated 2000 or above. How do I know this? Because I am also 1900+ and I'm USCF rated as class A. :sad:

Edited by Animal, 15 August 2010 - 10:03 PM.

#4 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:04 PM

What do you need in chess to become great -- diligent practice. Practice openings, mid-game and end-game and keep increasing the difficulty of your games. Something really important is trying to be able to look "beyond" 2-3 steps and try to look even further. Unfortunately I don't recall who said it, but it was something like: "Normal people only look 2-3 steps beyond, whereas grandmasters look 5-8 steps beyond and that is -- what makes them, grandmasters."

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:08 PM

I think dual-n-back training would help chess considerably.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users