- - - - -

Exhausted, Unmotivated, Need a 3month Cure -

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Rain

• 165 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:45 PM

Hi,

I finish school in 3months, and i have been working since January, so i am basically exhausted. The next 3 months are the most important and require the most work, but for the last week i have done absolultely nothing. I got prescribed ritalin LA a few weeks ago and it didn't help THAT much (it used to work increidble well when i took it randomly, but it improved my mood for the day, except the next time i took it, it did next to nothing. I also take modafinil most days (50mg-150mg, but never more then 200 with vitamin B, NALT and fishoil) to help with my exhaustion (on/off for months), and that certainly helps but it's not exactly improving motivation to work that much (i have huge plans for the future that i am motivated to work for but just can't), helps energy as without i am a zombie basically.. and i am extremely down and wanting to just crawl up and 'die', though i know i could never i just feel like i want to really badly for the last little while..
these feelings of death are making me also sit up every single night late wasting time more than usual (the night before last i didnt even get into bed because i wanted to impair my thoughts for a day, and of course it helps relieve some of it).
when i do sleep it makes no difference though as i've had chronic insominia my entire life, it just makes me able to think more, which is not good (N).

So i really badly need something to help me for the short term 3 months, and something to act fast that will alleviate this 'depression' improving motivation and hopefully energy..

I have tried:
- Piracetam
- Aniracetam
- NALT/Tyrosine
- SAM-e
+ a few other things like ALCAR, but none of these do any of the above, and some even make me exhausted and sleepy like aniracetam and ALCAR. So none of these I want to use.

Please suggestions for me + doses information + any other advice!

Thank you guys so much, this will actually save me, and then i will get healthy again afterwards.

<3

Edit; i just did some research and people have been talking up about 5-HTP for a short-term relief, does this suit my situation? other suggestions are still awesome:) Go wild with them as i dont have much time to find something that works..

Edited by Rain, 17 August 2010 - 04:38 PM.

#2 Wurzel Bagman

• 84 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:27 PM

Eat a diet rich with vegetables, whole grains, and low fat protein. Exercise. Meditate (I like meditating with audio tracks that i found online such as EquiSync). Spend less time on the internet. Read "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle. Supplements will help you from time to time but they aren't going to magically turn your life around and make your problems melt away.

Edited by ptamaddict, 17 August 2010 - 04:28 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Rain

• Topic Starter
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

Eat a diet rich with vegetables, whole grains, and low fat protein. Exercise. Meditate (I like meditating with audio tracks that i found online such as EquiSync). Spend less time on the internet. Read "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle. Supplements will help you from time to time but they aren't going to magically turn your life around and make your problems melt away.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.. but you missed the point of my thread entirely or you didn't read what i wrote. Because of my emotional state at present, i just wrote a long reply and backspaced the entire thing which contained all the reasons why you are wrong (obviously this is true for many people just unfortunately not me) but that seemed a little unnecessary hehe.

Edited by Rain, 17 August 2010 - 04:53 PM.

#4 meursault

• 370 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:57 PM

Thanks for taking the time to reply.. but you missed the point of my thread entirely or you didn't read what i wrote. Because of my emotional state at present, i just wrote a long reply and backspaced the entire thing which contained all the reasons why you are wrong (obviously this is true for many people just unfortunately not me) but that seemed a little unnecessary hehe.

I think all of this is very good advice and should not be dismissed. Unless you can truthfully state that you have tried improving diet, exercising, or meditating, it would be difficult to prescribe a supplement or drug that would have a more meaningful effect.

I would honestly say that the most important thing you could do would be to find a good friend, social group, or turn to family for support. You sound very lonely and withdrawn. Social support and positive relationships can have an immense effect on motivation, energy, and feelings of well-being more than any drug can deliver.

#5 Rain

• Topic Starter
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:10 PM

*sigh*

1. My problem has nothing to do with any other factors but the ones i have listed (long year, stress, etc). i have a large social group and an overcaring family, my support network is better then most, but i cannot help with this problem, my mind is fucked up and i am coming to the conclusion drugs may not be able to help me. but i made this thread anyway because i cannot lose hope and must find something for short-term before i start (after lots of rest/relaxation) with several doctors a program to fix my insomnia (or try to)

I am trying really hard here to not come across as a horrible person, but those who do not know me recently will think i am not a good person at all simply because of this. So please just take my bluntless as not being rude..
- I turned to this forum for help, i need help here with short-term relif of a very serious issue. Diet, exercise and so on have nothing to do with this, and yes i have tried to play with these factors and of course diet did nothing, i already have lots of vegetable and lean meats. And when i exercise i get really sick and exhausted for a very long period of time, and used to exercise massive amounts before my sleep issues became so bad from it that i had to stop, and then they began to improve.
- I have been seeing doctors my entire life, and i am at the point now where i need a 3month fix, that is it, if you all won't help me, then i will get a professional opinion, although my mood changes during the day where i just want to die so i sit there and refuse to do anything with myself, if i order online a drug that will help, i will start to take it. otherwise, i will just be complaining to everything.
- Help me please, just tell me what to take and doses.

i cannot be bothered rewriting this because im feeling like shit right now. sorry if i made errors in spelling as i was always terrible at that

#6 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:28 PM

1. My problem has nothing to do with any other factors but the ones i have listed (long year, stress, etc). i have a large social group and an overcaring family, my support network is better then most, but i cannot help with this problem, my mind is fucked up and i am coming to the conclusion drugs may not be able to help me. but i made this thread anyway because i cannot lose hope and must find something for short-term before i start (after lots of rest/relaxation) with several doctors a program to fix my insomnia (or try to)

To me it sounds like melancholic depression, being that you have all the traits: depressive symptoms (you stated that you feel low and like dying), anhedonia and insomnia.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but you need a good psychiatrist to deal with a treatment plan for you. If you've been able to concentrate for the entire year -- but now have problems, why is that? How do you feel on modafinil 150mg -- does it improve daytime alertness and remove feelings of anhedonia, or only give you a temporary relief to leave you feeling more exhausted than before. Beware of modafinils long half-life as well, which may cause insomnia depending on your dosing schedule of course. For motivational issues I react awesomely to amphetamines -- due to their innate nature of releasing and inhibiting re-uptake of dopamine and norepinephrine they do help people a lot -- but I'm hesistant to you what to do when you say it's caused by stress. SSRI like sertraline 25mg or escitalopram 2.5-5mg may be a viable choice. Sertraline will improve vigilance and may positively affect attention but combined with an amphetamine, escitalopram is superior due to sertraline's dopamine re-uptaking property. For the insomnia I would recommend something like diphenhydramine 25 mg an hour before sleep -- can definitely remove all forms of restlessness and also shuts my racing thoughts down.

But seriously -- get professional help, and due to your problems with stress and school -- go do it as fast as possible.

#7 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:30 PM

A New Earth is an amazing book.

#8 Ginnungagap

• 44 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:38 PM

Short term solution? Amphetamines.. (though you'll likely crash sooner or later)

Did your doctor test your blood? Low iron, thyroid problems, low testosterone etc can all cause symptoms very much akin to what you're experiencing.

#9 Rain

• Topic Starter
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:03 PM

Thank you for the replies, i've calmed down now after have a slight emotional breakdown lawl, most of this intenseness is due to stress as it's been a very stressful year only to become worse of the next 3 months..
^ I've had a few blood tests done before (nothing recent) and it's always been close to perfect. It's why i said "my minds fucked up" which I didn't mean to come across so strongly but just because everything seems perfect and i just have issues for no reason at all.

To me it sounds like melancholic depression, being that you have all the traits: depressive symptoms (you stated that you feel low and like dying), anhedonia and insomnia.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but you need a good psychiatrist to deal with a treatment plan for you. If you've been able to concentrate for the entire year -- but now have problems, why is that? How do you feel on modafinil 150mg -- does it improve daytime alertness and remove feelings of anhedonia, or only give you a temporary relief to leave you feeling more exhausted than before. Beware of modafinils long half-life as well, which may cause insomnia depending on your dosing schedule of course. For motivational issues I react awesomely to amphetamines -- due to their innate nature of releasing and inhibiting re-uptake of dopamine and norepinephrine they do help people a lot -- but I'm hesistant to you what to do when you say it's caused by stress. SSRI like sertraline 25mg or escitalopram 2.5-5mg may be a viable choice. Sertraline will improve vigilance and may positively affect attention but combined with an amphetamine, escitalopram is superior due to sertraline's dopamine re-uptaking property. For the insomnia I would recommend something like diphenhydramine 25 mg an hour before sleep -- can definitely remove all forms of restlessness and also shuts my racing thoughts down.

But seriously -- get professional help, and due to your problems with stress and school -- go do it as fast as possible.

ooo thank you!
I don't quite think i have an actual depressive disorder even if i do fit the symptoms most of the time (stupid unpredictable mood), i am just a teenager so having 'mental issues' is included as part of the fun:p
Well i haven't really been able to concentrate for the year, quite a few months ago my concentration got so bad that i couldn't focus on doing homework for longer then 30-1hr without getting extremely sleepy, and so i was prescribed modafinil where the only time i could ever d homework was on that... which still slightly applies
The modafinil actually changes what it does, it just improves daytime alertness mostly, and doesn't make me crash really at all so if i don't sleep much and then take it in the morning, i will feel fine for most of the day anyway, it has before made me feel more 'normal' in the sense i don't feel so down, but not always. Though, ritalin ER/LA used to improve my mood very very much so but towards homework, where i would so into homework i'd be having lots of fun, but then socially my mood went way down, which i tried to avoid people when on ritalin.

Thanks for the drug tips too, so they will be good to take for the rest of the year? Realise i'll need to be studying quite heavily so aslong as my memory isn't effected, and all those other effects are boosted i'll be fine. Hmm i'll find out if i can find a place that atually sells them first, and then do some research on each, but considering my situation do you think on is more favourable? or actually both fine?
Well, recently i've been able to get into bed and fall asleep fine, and usually if i go to bed early before 1, i'll take melatonin (quite high doses) as it personally has been more affective then any benzo/nonbenzo ive prescribed over the years. but i'll perhaps look into that anyway, if my fatigue will ever leave me (i used to have zero fatigue and coudln't sleep at all, whereas now the fatigue and sleep change in intensity randomly).

#10 meursault

• 370 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:09 PM

A few supplements to try:

For sleep issues:
L-tryptophan - 500mg to 1g approximately 1 hour before bed
L-glycine - 500mg to 2 g approximately 20 minutes before bed

Mood elevation:
St. John's Wort (mild SSRI) - 300mg, 3 doses throughout the day (I recommend Perika formulation)

#11 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:03 PM

A few supplements to try:

Mood elevation:
St. John's Wort (mild SSRI) - 300mg, 3 doses throughout the day (I recommend Perika formulation)

SJW is alot more than an SSRI, otherwise a big +1 to that suggestion.

#12 LizerLife

• 22 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:15 PM

L-tyrosine 1-4g 3 times a day and Tyramine 50mg-200mg two or three times a day for a "natural cure"

Edited by LizerLife, 17 August 2010 - 10:15 PM.

#13 MoodyBlue

• 144 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:39 AM

To help you sleep, try Optimized Tryptopure Plus. It is formulated to get much more tryptophan into the brain. Not much tryptophan gets to the brain due to a number of factors usually. Read this article: http://search.lef.or...ord=tryptopure . You might need some Melatonin for sleep as well. Both melatonin and serotonin are needed to sleep. Try the Opt. Trypto. Plus by itself first. You might make enough of your own melatonin. Another thing to help with sleep as well as to help balance your brain chemistry is PharmaGaba. Don't get synthetic GABA. See this: . Both of those products can be used during the day as well. If you have insomnia then you are hyposomnolent and hyposomnolence is a common symtom of people with major depression. That is why they developed the SSRI's originally -- to treat major depression due to deficienct levels of serotonin. If your body doesn't get the rest it needs, it can't function correctly while awake. You may need help with the excitatory neurotransmitters as well, but rest is indispensable for energy levels. Exercise is a great way to cause elevated noradrenalin levels, so after you've had enough rest, start exercising.

#14 Rain

• Topic Starter
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:09 AM

Thanks for replies all again!
And the sleep ideas are good, i may need use them in the future but now melatonin is working fine when i need it:)

it's just the unmotivation, exhaustion, and feelings of intense emptiness that i want to rid of for now!

I'll check out St John's wort then!
What about 5-HTP? There's a place near me that sells it. Or is it best if i chose some of the other options above?

#15 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:14 AM

I think all of this is very good advice and should not be dismissed. Unless you can truthfully state that you have tried improving diet, exercising, or meditating, it would be difficult to prescribe a supplement or drug that would have a more meaningful effect.

I would honestly say that the most important thing you could do would be to find a good friend, social group, or turn to family for support. You sound very lonely and withdrawn. Social support and positive relationships can have an immense effect on motivation, energy, and feelings of well-being more than any drug can deliver.

+1

#16 oasis

• 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:49 AM

Rain,

Sorry to insist, but…

I have depression, and the first symptoms were anxiety, insomnia and very poor concentration. This was *years* before I actually got diagnosed with a major depressive disorder and got appropriate medication.

Better sleep and exercise improved my mood somewhat, but the underlying feelings of emptiness and death thoughts remained. I too thought "it was just insomnia" because I had really "no reason" to be depressed.

Please do talk a doctor about your feelings.

Take care.

#17 Rain

• Topic Starter
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:06 AM

^ Thank you for the words, and hopefully you get better, or at least getting better:)

Well i've actually have what apparently is 'idiopathic insomnia' which began when i was around ~1, and have other secondary insomnias liked delayed sleep phase, it is the primary cause of my issues and cannot be cured easily (if able to be cured at all), i have been working on it for years and see what good the end of year tests & next programs go. It's very unlikely that i have had a major depressive disorder my entire life, so this is a more recent thing that must be stemming off my primary disorder for i've had huge depressive problems in the past as young as grade 8 that were very on /off.
I have tried so many times to tell a professional when i have builded a relationship with them psychologists, psychiatrists, other doctors and have a complete inability to admit my feelings, it is impossible for me to actually say anything about it person. I called my pyschiatrist before who is booked for a month which is useless.

So the best i can do for now is ask this forum and get help from you guys for the rest of the year!

#18 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:10 AM

^ Thank you for the words, and hopefully you get better, or at least getting better:)

Well i've actually have what apparently is 'idiopathic insomnia' which began when i was around ~1, and have other secondary insomnias liked delayed sleep phase, it is the primary cause of my issues and cannot be cured easily (if able to be cured at all), i have been working on it for years and see what good the end of year tests & next programs go. It's very unlikely that i have had a major depressive disorder my entire life, so this is a more recent thing that must be stemming off my primary disorder for i've had huge depressive problems in the past as young as grade 8 that were very on /off.
I have tried so many times to tell a professional when i have builded a relationship with them psychologists, psychiatrists, other doctors and have a complete inability to admit my feelings, it is impossible for me to actually say anything about it person. I called my pyschiatrist before who is booked for a month which is useless.

So the best i can do for now is ask this forum and get help from you guys for the rest of the year!

Regardless of whether or not the depression is secondary to the insomnia you should still treat them as separate issues, and seek to treat them in accordance with this. I have chronic fatigue syndrome which caused or exacerbated dysthymia and the only way I was truly successful in overcoming them was to have them treated separately by relevant professionals. In these kind of pathologies, the disorders are comorbidly dependent on each other, so it makes sense to treat both at the same time.

#19 NR2(x)

• 253 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:05 PM

Regardless of whether or not the depression is secondary to the insomnia you should still treat them as separate issues, and seek to treat them in accordance with this. I have chronic fatigue syndrome which caused or exacerbated dysthymia and the only way I was truly successful in overcoming them was to have them treated separately by relevant professionals. In these kind of pathologies, the disorders are comorbidly dependent on each other, so it makes sense to treat both at the same time.

well said, get a good professional,not gp, you sound like you have cronic fatigue, aswell

I would be looking to the immune system or endocrine system as could be seriously outwack, remove all processed food for a week and drink bottled water, even try a fast. Remove chemicals, many are fine but there are some real bad ones in common products.

Im suprised at so much stress with school, chili enjoy the learning bit and its far easier.

Seriously exercise can give you a pathway out of your situation, but requires thoughts like, so what if hes professional, i can be as good, no, I will be better.

#20 Rain

• Topic Starter
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:44 PM

Thanks all for the advice, definitely reading it and taking it into consideration!

Okay I'm going to buy this St Johns: (the one you mentioned)
"Dosage: 1 tablet three times daily.
Ingredients: 300mg patented, std St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum) extract (3% hyperforin)."

But if the store doesn't have it down the road, then i'll order it in and get it next week, so i'll just try something like 5-HTP for the meantime, or is this just unnecessary? It may be better then nothing.. is 50mg in the morning with NALT/L-Tyrosine good enough?
Can i take with St Johns Wort when that comes or is it best i just have STJ on it's own?

How do either of these two go with modafinil, or should i not have them on the same day?

#21 meursault

• 370 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:17 PM

I don't think it's particularly wise or useful to combine all this at once. Start with the SJW, see how you feel after two weeks, then consider changing the dose, weening off it, or adding additional substances carefully.

#22 Rain

• Topic Starter
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:43 PM

okay thank you. ill see how it goes, it may do nothing and ill have to go get lexapro.

#23 aLurker

• 715 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:53 PM

I just wanted to thank the OP for mentioning the phrase "delayed sleep phase" and making me curious enough to google it. I've preferred to sleep from 3 a.m. to 11 p.m. as long as I can remember so that's pretty much me down to a tee. Now I'll burn some midnight oil by reading studies about DSPS and whether or not to get melatonin.

I hope SJW works out for you, otherwise there are a lot of threads about other antidepressants which might be preferable to an SSRI such as Lexapro.

Thank you Rain and good luck with everything, keep us posted.

#24 MoodyBlue

• 144 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:27 AM

Here's a study for rapid recovery from major depression which I forgot to mention, Rain: http://george-eby-re...-depression.pdf. It mentions this in that study: "Apparently, the use of indole-
3-carbinol to improve magnesium utilization
is new." However here are some articles which point the safety concerns of taking supplemental I3C: http://www.dimfaq.co.../I3C-safety.htm and http://healthlibrary...unkiid=21757#P5 as well as in this product promotion: http://www.biorespon...-13C-vs-DIM.asp. There is a source of DIM which is probably the best and in addition to having myrosinated DIM it also has myrosinated sulforaphane. If those substances are not myrosinated, which they aren't in heat treated or freeze dried broccoli powders, they are useless. The name of the product is Activamune. It's about the same price as that Biorespnse product above and you get myrosinated sulforaphane with it. Maybe the DIM, which is the main metabolite of I3C is actually what increase the utilization of magnesium. Notice in the study on magnesium that in order to keep from getting diarrhea from taking high dose magnesium, you should take 1 gram of arginine with each meal.

Lastly, I just recently started taking Inositol and IP-6 supplements because they activate Phase I and Phase II detoxification enzymes. They also do a lot of other things in our bodies. From the powerful almost drug like effect I'm feeling from these natural nutrients, I'd predict that they would help at least most people with depression. Depression should not be treated only by treating the symptoms. Supporting the underlying metabolism of all of the bodies systems should be an indispensable approach to the problem. If the metabolism of biological systems are depressed, it should be no surprise that one feels depressed and unmotivated. We need to be at an energy level which is not to much but just enough so that we feel like we need to burn it off to keep from developing too much.

#25 LizerLife

• 22 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:30 AM

Yes, it will be fine to take them all togather.

#26 rvdvaart

• 72 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:28 AM

*sigh*

I am trying really hard here to not come across as a horrible person, but those who do not know me recently will think i am not a good person at all simply because of this. So please just take my bluntless as not being rude..
- I turned to this forum for help, i need help here with short-term relif of a very serious issue. Diet, exercise and so on have nothing to do with this, and yes i have tried to play with these factors and of course diet did nothing, i already have lots of vegetable and lean meats. And when i exercise i get really sick and exhausted for a very long period of time, and used to exercise massive amounts before my sleep issues became so bad from it that i had to stop, and then they began to improve.
- I have been seeing doctors my entire life, and i am at the point now where i need a 3month fix, that is it, if you all won't help me, then i will get a professional opinion, although my mood changes during the day where i just want to die so i sit there and refuse to do anything with myself, if i order online a drug that will help, i will start to take it. otherwise, i will just be complaining to everything.
- Help me please, just tell me what to take and doses.

i cannot be bothered rewriting this because im feeling like shit right now. sorry if i made errors in spelling as i was always terrible at that

You need to see a psychiatrist. It sounds like you have major depression.

#27 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:23 AM

You're trying Perika right?

Some things I've been using with some success to combat fatigue, anxiety, depression:

Schisandra
Ashwagandha
Cordyceps
Reishi
Chyawanprash

I also take Prozac and Lithium. I just got some Perika today and may replace Prozac with it or just lower the Prozac dose and take Perika along with it.

I think you will be fine taking SJW and modafinil. I guess it's possible to feel too stimulated on this combo. You may eventually feel well enough on SJW to function just fine without modafinil.

#28 Rain

• Topic Starter
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:04 AM

Thanks for the interesting read MoodyBlue, and others for their replies !

I just wanted to thank the OP for mentioning the phrase "delayed sleep phase" and making me curious enough to google it. I've preferred to sleep from 3 a.m. to 11 p.m. as long as I can remember so that's pretty much me down to a tee. Now I'll burn some midnight oil by reading studies about DSPS and whether or not to get melatonin.

I hope SJW works out for you, otherwise there are a lot of threads about other antidepressants which might be preferable to an SSRI such as Lexapro.

Thank you Rain and good luck with everything, keep us posted.

Haha, yeah definitely get prescribed melatonin from you doctor, and take up 3mg-15mg 30minute before bed, i used to take 9-12mg every night which worked better than any sleeping pill, and now after quite a few months i am able to only take 3mg-6mg. it's very good, get on to it! i will start to regulate once a night again, as the long-term benefits are extremely helpful.

You're trying Perika right?

Some things I've been using with some success to combat fatigue, anxiety, depression:

Schisandra
Ashwagandha
Cordyceps
Reishi
Chyawanprash

I also take Prozac and Lithium. I just got some Perika today and may replace Prozac with it or just lower the Prozac dose and take Perika along with it.

I think you will be fine taking SJW and modafinil. I guess it's possible to feel too stimulated on this combo. You may eventually feel well enough on SJW to function just fine without modafinil.

Well you can't get it in my country, so i bought what they claimed to be the best STW as all the others were like 2000-4000mg of the stuff, which i dont really want..
"Remotiv" is what i got.
It is hypericum perforatum 1.375g standardised to 500mcg hypercin that is taken once in the morning and once at night. Is this a good one?
i can always order in the perika one, and change over to it next week. and i'll probably start 5-htp early next week to (50mg each morning)

I took it this morning, 2-3 hours after i took modafinil, and a few hours later i felt extremely tired (mainly due to modafinil wearing off i pressume.. well hopefully). I should only be taking modafinl right before i leave to go to school, otherwise that occurs. i'm hoping that STW does increase the stimulation effects of modafinil because i really need that, and i can't be taking too much modafinil!

Edited by Rain, 19 August 2010 - 07:13 AM.

#29 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:15 PM

Thanks for replies all again!
And the sleep ideas are good, i may need use them in the future but now melatonin is working fine when i need it:)

it's just the unmotivation, exhaustion, and feelings of intense emptiness that i want to rid of for now!

I'll check out St John's wort then!
What about 5-HTP? There's a place near me that sells it. Or is it best if i chose some of the other options above?

I would recommend low dosage d-amphetamine and low dosage SSRI. The amphetamine will give you the focus and motivational boost you need to complete your homework and the SSRI will eliminate feelings of anhedonia and instability of moods. Start at a very low dosage if you want to experiment for yourself. As to the SSRI I recommend escitalopram 2.5mg, because it's a very low dosage, and because it doesn't interfere with the d-amphetamine like sertraline would do because of it's DARI properties. Why is it -- again, you don't go to your psychiatrist and tell him your symptoms and see what happens?

I wish you the best of luck.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Rain

• Topic Starter
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:13 PM

I would recommend low dosage d-amphetamine and low dosage SSRI. The amphetamine will give you the focus and motivational boost you need to complete your homework and the SSRI will eliminate feelings of anhedonia and instability of moods. Start at a very low dosage if you want to experiment for yourself. As to the SSRI I recommend escitalopram 2.5mg, because it's a very low dosage, and because it doesn't interfere with the d-amphetamine like sertraline would do because of it's DARI properties. Why is it -- again, you don't go to your psychiatrist and tell him your symptoms and see what happens?

I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks for suggestions, but dexedrine is impossible for me to get, but lexapro is not. Should i get the latter? I'll see how 5HPT+STW and modafinil(not everyday) goes, but i don't have much time and getting to see my psychiatrist takes over a month, which i do not have, everyday is very important, and so i need a 3months solution that will work fast, so may not be to willing to wait with my combo since it can take time; i shall be patient for now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users