- - - - -

My Problems

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 nebben

• 37 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:29 PM

Hi,

I am emotionally indifferent and most things are all the same for me. I speak only very little, I am monosyllabic in my answers or I remain fully silent. I am often tired have no energy and need alot of sleep. I can tolerate stress badly and can cope with a little only.

I tried centrophenoxine, tebonin, coffeine 200mg and various energy drinks but these do not give me any effect they used to, when I was not taking Geodon/Zeldox. I think Geodon blocks the receptors in my brain that supplements don't work anymore. But I have to take Geodon for other health conditions.

I would like to be more emotional that things matter to me. I would like to be more talkative and get together with other people, but I remain silent. I would like to have more energy that I need not sleep all around the time. I would like to be mentally more focussed and be able to better cope with stress.

I do not know what I can do?

nebben

#2 LizerLife

• 22 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:13 PM

How long have you been on Geodon? If it has been 3 or 4 weeks, try supplemnting with L-Tryosine 2g-3g three times a day.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 nebben

• Topic Starter
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:21 AM

How long have you been on Geodon? If it has been 3 or 4 weeks, try supplemnting with L-Tryosine 2g-3g three times a day.

13 months.

#4 LizerLife

• 22 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:43 AM

Yea, try going off the Geodon or supplementing with N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine 1-2g 3 times a day or L-Tyrosine 2-3g 3 times a day.

#5 Wurzel Bagman

• 84 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:09 AM

Maybe some SAM-e would help you?

#6 nebben

• Topic Starter
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:49 PM

Yea, try going off the Geodon or supplementing with N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine 1-2g 3 times a day or L-Tyrosine 2-3g 3 times a day.

Is this a good product? Its said to be 99.3% pure.

Edited by nebben, 22 August 2010 - 03:51 PM.

#7 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:04 PM

If you're taking therapeutic doses of Geodon little is going to help you, since it's antagonism of dopamine receptors (especially D2) and 5-HT2A receptors is going to rob you of most of your personality anyway.

Are you taking it to suppress psychosis, or for some other reason? Is it possible for you to reduce the dose?

#8 nebben

• Topic Starter
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:16 PM

If you're taking therapeutic doses of Geodon little is going to help you, since it's antagonism of dopamine receptors (especially D2) and 5-HT2A receptors is going to rob you of most of your personality anyway.

Are you taking it to suppress psychosis, or for some other reason? Is it possible for you to reduce the dose?

You are probably right. I take 40mg two times a day to supress psychosis. It should be possible to reduce the dose to 20mg two times a day or I am thinking to change to Abilify or Solian. These are similar on the 5-HT2 receptors but are D2 agonists and I am not sure if these have histamin-affinity. So i might have more energy.

How might D2 agonism help me?

Edited by nebben, 22 August 2010 - 05:26 PM.

#9 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

You are probably right. I take 40mg two times a day to supress psychosis. It should be possible to reduce the dose to 20mg two times a day or I am thinking to change to Abilify or Solian. These are similar on the 5-HT2 receptors but are D2 agonists and I am not sure if these have histamin-affinity. So i might have more energy.

How might D2 agonism help me?

I'm sorry to say that Abilify is only a partial-agonist at D2 receptors, not only that but it has a low intrinsic activity factor too. This means that even though it's considered a partial-agonist, physiologically it functions as an antagonist, since it prevents endogenous dopamine from binding because of it's high affinity, and it's stimulation of the receptor is negligible.

I would recommend Amisulpride, or failing that Sulpride. They are some of the most tolerable atypical neuroleptics available and would hopefully help you regain some of social functionality.

Anti-psychotics are some of the most unpleasant medications in existence from a well-being point of view. Of course you need to be careful changing medication or messing with your doses because you don't want any psychotic symptoms to resurface. But I understand that how you're currently living is not an acceptable alternative. Ideally your psychosis can begin to be managed by non-medical means over time and then you can lower your dose or come of it entirely.

#10 nebben

• Topic Starter
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:34 PM

I'm sorry to say that Abilify is only a partial-agonist at D2 receptors, not only that but it has a low intrinsic activity factor too. This means that even though it's considered a partial-agonist, physiologically it functions as an antagonist, since it prevents endogenous dopamine from binding because of it's high affinity, and it's stimulation of the receptor is negligible.

I would recommend Amisulpride, or failing that Sulpride. They are some of the most tolerable atypical neuroleptics available and would hopefully help you regain some of social functionality.

Anti-psychotics are some of the most unpleasant medications in existence from a well-being point of view. Of course you need to be careful changing medication or messing with your doses because you don't want any psychotic symptoms to resurface. But I understand that how you're currently living is not an acceptable alternative. Ideally your psychosis can begin to be managed by non-medical means over time and then you can lower your dose or come of it entirely.

Thank you for your words. Today I saw my doctor. She did not want to change the dose nor the anti-psychotic but she gave me Effexor/Venlafaxine.

#11 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

Thank you for your words. Today I saw my doctor. She did not want to change the dose nor the anti-psychotic but she gave me Effexor/Venlafaxine.

That's good, at least she's willing to explore the concomitant use of an antidepressant with your anti-psychotic. What dose are you taking? I hope it helps you.

#12 nebben

• Topic Starter
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:30 AM

That's good, at least she's willing to explore the concomitant use of an antidepressant with your anti-psychotic. What dose are you taking? I hope it helps you.

I started with 37,5mg. She said it can be increased. Now I have a different sleep cycle (11pm-6am instead 3am-11pm), can remember dreams better and have less appetite, what is good, because I have 10kg overweight through the anti-psychotics. I feel more awake at the day and I am little bit more speechy.

Edited by nebben, 25 August 2010 - 06:32 AM.

#13 nebben

• Topic Starter
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:58 AM

I made a pattern. hope you like it.

Posted Image

#14 aLurker

• 715 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

I like it! If I was on shrooms I would probably love it.

#15 nebben

• Topic Starter
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:54 PM

I like it! If I was on shrooms I would probably love it.

thanks

#16 outsider

• 396 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:29 AM

A mandala. Cool.

#17 outsider

• 396 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:03 AM

Last year I found a study which dealed with schizophrenia in which they used bacopa 2 grams and jatamansi 2 grams with results similar to 10mg olanzapine (zyprexa) excepted that the weight gain was lower with the herbs.

I can only find the publicity for the "future" study but not the results anymore, weird. I copied the results on my old hard disk, maybe I can extract it one day (I did a fast format).

http://clinicaltrial...how/NCT00483964

Maybe this can help you.

#18 NR2(x)

• 253 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:16 AM

Why dont you relate to the group the nature of your condition that leads you to believe that you need antipsychotics, I can see that it could be emotionally challanging, or that you may feel you are compromising you privicy. psychotic disorders are very normative, that is they can have very little basis in factual reality. psycologist as a group can have vested interest, even if its just the need to be need. Some however are paid quite well to maintain patients on these medications.
There are many contraindications for these drugs that are ignored, something like aspergers or adhd is a reason not to take typical antipsychos.

Why dont you answer these questions, for a start-

Do you believe you are or could be danger to the public?
Have you demonstrated a degree of loss of control that leads you to believe that you may act without concious control?
How does your psychotic behavour manifest?

Experiencing feelings of difference or infeariority, would generally not be a reason to take antipsychotics. Maybe you understand reality more than your peers and therefore have a strong stress response.

Amisulpride seems to have real benefits.

Supplements are going to be of little effect compared to negative power of antipsycho, however there are many supplements that have shown strong benefits in schizophrenia including cycloserine,vitamin C (any antioxidants), donepezil etc, you could target the "negative effects of schizophrenia. There is a far bit or material on this site buried away that may help

Do you or the public need you to be on antipsychotics?

I would like to add that im not qualified in jack s###, just concerned

#19 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:08 PM

Maybe you understand reality more than your peers and therefore have a strong stress response.

Personally I think the greater the understanding of reality the lower the stress response, at least it's been that way in my case. Understanding the limitations of your sphere of influence is one of the greatest steps towards reducing extraneous stress.

#20 nebben

• Topic Starter
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

Why dont you relate to the group the nature of your condition that leads you to believe that you need antipsychotics, I can see that it could be emotionally challanging, or that you may feel you are compromising you privicy. psychotic disorders are very normative, that is they can have very little basis in factual reality. psycologist as a group can have vested interest, even if its just the need to be need. Some however are paid quite well to maintain patients on these medications.
There are many contraindications for these drugs that are ignored, something like aspergers or adhd is a reason not to take typical antipsychos.

Why dont you answer these questions, for a start-

Do you believe you are or could be danger to the public?
Have you demonstrated a degree of loss of control that leads you to believe that you may act without concious control?

Experiencing feelings of difference or infeariority, would generally not be a reason to take antipsychotics. Maybe you understand reality more than your peers and therefore have a strong stress response.

Amisulpride seems to have real benefits.

Supplements are going to be of little effect compared to negative power of antipsycho, however there are many supplements that have shown strong benefits in schizophrenia including cycloserine,vitamin C (any antioxidants), donepezil etc, you could target the "negative effects of schizophrenia. There is a far bit or material on this site buried away that may help

Do you or the public need you to be on antipsychotics?

I would like to add that im not qualified in jack s###, just concerned

Do you believe you are or could be danger to the public? No

Have you demonstrated a degree of loss of control that leads you to believe that you may act without concious control? No

People talk about what I am just thinking and this is very challenging for me. Sometimes I believe I can control by thought what others are saying. Sometimes I do not know if somebody was talking to me or whether I just heard voices. Sometimes I have obsessive thoughts to punch or kick anybody who comes in my perception for no reason. This is also challenging for me.

Edited by nebben, 13 September 2010 - 02:40 PM.

#21 LIB

• 232 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:31 PM

Sounds like possible adrenal insufficiency to me.

http://www.stoptheth...s-low-cortisol/

#22 nebben

• Topic Starter
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:24 AM

Why does that sound like that to you?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#23 nebben

• Topic Starter
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:48 PM

main syptoms of adrenal insuffiency are weakness, tiredness, dizziness, low blood pressure that falls further when standing (orthostatic hypotension), muscle aches, nausea and vomiting. I have none of those. My blood is also normal. I go jogging 5 times in a week 40 min.
But when seeing or hearing people I have very unplaesant obsessive thoughts, which those then realize somehow and respond appropriately.
When people are talking somewhere, my thoughts are forced into the conversation. I am somehow burning, come up with a association which I then hear from the conversation. This run is also unpleasant for me.

I even now start to hear bits of what I have previously wrote in this thread from people I just walk by. This is totally irrational, but I somehow believe in that.

Any suggestions what might help?

Edited by nebben, 27 September 2010 - 04:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users