* * * * - 7 votes

Rol82's Regimen

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#211 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:20 AM

Some smart guy with loads of powders has sarcosine without daa.

#212 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:06 AM

You're still on Mirtazapine? Wow you did well sticking out the sedation which hits you at the start.

Probably one of the most unpleasant things I have ever taken. The increased hunger pangs were also totally counter productive for somebody who tries to eat in a healthy way. All I wanted on that stuff was chips, crisps and cookies!

How is it going on your libido? Mirtazapine lowers libido in a lot of users (to the point where they're really not interested at all)... Or are other things compensating for this?

Don't get me wrong there are good aspect to the drug but there is also a lot of shit with it as well. Intolerable shit!

Your newer regimen looks far more normal.

Edited by Thorsten2, 11 November 2011 - 10:10 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#213 j03

• 592 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:31 AM

Inspired by your use of Mirtazapine I decided to retry it and have felt positive effects the last few days. I'm going to post my regimen, and your opinion on it would be appreciated.

#214 Sobriquet

• 16 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15570057
essentially,
"...no single antioxidant can replace the combination of natural phytochemicals in fruits and vegetables to achieve the health benefits. The evidence suggests that antioxidants or bioactive compounds are best acquired through whole-food consumption, not from expensive dietary supplements"

If you want the full benefit, eat the foods containing phytonutrients in their natural unprocessed state. use tumeric in your cooking for maximum synergistic effects of curcumin., ect. no need to throw money at supps. Just sayin, as a broke college kid subsisting on loans and part time work as a pharmacy technician, i encourage you all to try out the foods containing these substances, not just their isolated forms.

#215 Perek

• 61 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

How much per month do you spend on all these drug/supplements?

Tens of thousands of Zimbabwean dollars. But seriously, you're a big boy, and I imagine you could come up with a guesstimate if you set aside a few minutes.

Rol82.
Port Out Starboard Home....

You got some jolly good hockeysticks going with a Mr Byron, the Lord, complexity.

I appreciate your efforts.

// Per

#216 Rational Madman

• Topic Starter
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

Yes, I haven't contributed to this message board for quite some time, and this decision can be attributed to multifarious reasons. But principally, it's because I concluded that the quantity of my commentary was symptomatic of an avoidant personality disorder, and because I felt that the many purgatorial souls that frequent this discussion board should learn to discover their inner Spartan---meaning, becoming more self-sufficient.

Anyway, I should probably paste the comments I made in another thread, since my advice there constitutes a portion of my much more temperate regimen. So without further adieu:

Since Ritalin has a fairly short half-life, I would switch to an agent of greater potency and duration. I know Selegiline is quite popular with the discussion board crowd, but it's rarely used clinically---which really has nothing to do with identity of the drug's manufacturer. Modafinil and its isomer, Armodafinil, are also popular for varied reasons, but really, are more aptly suited for disorders characterized by accelerated methyltransferase, or pronounced fatigue. Rather, for enhancing focus, amphetamine compounds don't really possess a rival, and unfortunately, have acquired a bad reputation due to poorly modeled experiments, and the predictable hysteria that arises from threats that are blown out of proportion by hypersensitive information consumers.

Enhancing focus is multivariate, which means that there are multiple factors that may interfere with the drug's desired outcome. So here are some things to consider:
-The consumption of coffee should confer multiple benefits that complement the drug's therapeutic effect---MAO inhibition, acetylcholinesterase inhibition, mitigating inflammation, and reducing the onset of tolerance---primarily through its effect on cAMP dependent signaling cascades.
-I would also consider using Sudafed, which is a parent molecule of amphetamine, but should potentiate its effect through a distinct mechanism that might have something to do with the a1 (adrenergic) family of receptors.
-For varying reasons, and because I don't want to spend time explaining the individual rationale for each agent, you should also consider taking ground chia seeds, defatted peanut flour, DMAE, Alka Seltzer Gold, Advil, beet juice, sauerkraut juice, a high quality liquid multivitamin, White Mountain Bulgarian yogurt, celery, shiitake mushrooms, ginger, cloves, sage, cinnamon, swiss chard, broccoli, citrus peels, vinpocetine, taurine, chlorophyll, carnosine powder, licorice root, garlic cloves, copious amounts of electrolyte water, and larger than recommended doses of folic acid/B-12 combinations---with an emphasis on folic acid.
-As for lifestyle choices, there's the oft recommended exercise, phototherapy, socializing, stress mitigation, limiting your alcohol intake, and the less prescribed moderation of sexual activity.
-Additionally, avoid extravagant---or exotic---supplements, and instead, familiarize yourself with pharmacology---so you don't get sodomized by a poorly regulated and unscrupulous industry.

Edited by Rational Madman, 28 September 2012 - 11:44 PM.

#217 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

Niacin shows some efficacy for neuropsychiatric symptoms because of its affinity for glycine receptors, but it has a very short half life, and when administered at acute doses, the patient has to contend with an alteration of liver enzymes and glucose metabolism---not to mention other nutritional imbalances. So, I would prefer to place my faith where the weight of evidence resides.

Thanks for this intriguing thread. Wished I had the biochemical background knowledge to understand all the effects of merely the supplements I take.

For example I take high dose crystalline niacin for improving lipids (with PAD) and I read again and again how important it would be to balance all B vitamins with each other very well, but however much I search I can't find any reliable source about the kind of imbalances, or how to actually do this, for example with 3 gram/d of niacin? About how much of the individual other B's would this require for not creating deficiencies with them (RDA or ULs can't be taken as guidelines here). Would this also include for example Inositol or PABA, which some consider Bs? - One would think after 50 years of niacin use at such doses there would be some more information available.

So what sources do you recommend for a better understanding of the kind of nutritional imbalances possible with high dose niacin? - Or in your words: Where does the evidence reside?

Would really appreciate any hind.

PS: Till now I tested my B6, B9 and B12 serum levels, and despite moderate doses (in comparison to niacin) they all are well above reference ranges.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#218 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

What is the current state of your regimen; supplements, Rx, diet, exercise?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By