• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Why does L-Theanine + ALCAR promote anxiety ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 christianbber

• 81 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:49 PM

Hello,

I've been an avid consumer of supplemments for the past 5-6 years. Starting out from bodybuilding eventually grew into school performance.

As I'm about to start grad school in a few weeks I'm currently trying to figure out a steady stack to take all semester.

I've studied memory, cognitive recall etc.. and with my experience I know that I need to be in the same state of mind when I study the material and when I take the test. This ranges from Sept- Dec. So supplements that only last a month or so due to tolerance are no good to me .

I tried ALCAR and tbh, at 1g dosing per day I don't feel a difference at all.

I tried theanine + caffeine and it gives me some boost but I feel too tired to do any work.(Contradictory I know but hard to explain)

I tried combining the two ( 1mg ALCAR, 100mg Theanine, 150mg caffeine) and I get this weird,, anxiety, nervousness, fatigued crazy effect. And from all the research I still can't seem to narrow it down.

I've also always consume green tea and ginkgo Biloba every morning as well ( Btw Ginkgo is an amazing supplement at 500mg a day)

Any thoughts?

To be honest, the only thing that has worked so far has been just

Ginkgo Biloba and Yerba Mate, however, my concentration does slip every now and then from time to time and increase linear with the time of studying completed.

Edited by christianbber, 30 August 2010 - 09:50 PM.

#2 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:34 PM

I tried combining the two ( 1mg ALCAR, 100mg Theanine, 150mg caffeine) and I get this weird,, anxiety, nervousness, fatigued crazy effect.

I'd guess it's the large dose of caffeine along with the ALCAR. This combo can be anxiogenic for some people. If anything, it would probably be worse without the theanine.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users