Photo
- - - - -

Most universally accepted nootropics

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Warrior

• 15 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:06 PM

Just wanted some input on this. It seems to me that the following have the highest success rate and would be the most sure fire for those looking for an enhanced function without the time or resources to experiment heavily.

Bacopa - though a time investment, most seem to believe this works consistently
picamilon - popular outside of the USA, appears to be very successful

I left out the racetams as there seem to be many pira nonresponders and oxi/ani negative impacts.

Your thoughts?

#2 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:29 AM

what about modafinil/ritalin?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 NR2(x)

• 253 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:02 AM

Only stimulants have been generally accepted as being capable of increasing intelligence in average people by a significant amount

#4 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:49 PM

See some of the bacopa threads in the pinned topic. There's a significant number of people who respond badly to it, and I don't think the effect is necessarily that strong anyway.

Since everyone reacts differently, there's really no universal nootropics. You just have to pick those that are the 'best bet' as a starting point for your experimentation.

#5 meursault

• 370 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:32 PM

Bacopa made be incredibly lethargic and depressed at normal doses.

#6 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:01 AM

Ashwagandha has tons of positive studies done on it. I've been supplementing on and off for years. Its always helped my mood out. Brought my sex drive up. Gave me more energy during the day. Helped me sleep at night. It makes me tired so i take at night but after a few weeks i start noticing the energy benefits. Seems to me to be one of the most impressive nootropic type herbs that i actually notice helping.

#7 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:31 AM

Ashwagandha has tons of positive studies done on it. I've been supplementing on and off for years. Its always helped my mood out. Brought my sex drive up. Gave me more energy during the day. Helped me sleep at night. It makes me tired so i take at night but after a few weeks i start noticing the energy benefits. Seems to me to be one of the most impressive nootropic type herbs that i actually notice helping.

You buy powder or pills?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:32 PM

I buy the jarrow formula pills. 120 for 10 bucks. Strongest formula around. 8%. The powder is ridiculously messy to cap, and i cap all my powders. Some are ok to take with a drink but most bulk powders don't taste to good so i cap them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users