Photo
- - - - -

Suddenly dreaming vividly all night long

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 JohnDoe999

• 128 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:43 AM

I've not altered my supplement schedule, and I've not altered any lifestyle variables.

However; suddenly I am experiencing vivid dreams every night. It has happened for 7 days in a row.

Normally I fall to sleep almost immediately, and I dream vividly normally only once each 14 days, maximum (and then usually for only a couple of hours it seems)

Now I dream all the time (at least it feels this way) every night.

Based on this I feel more revitalized in the morning, and I am concentrating better throughout the day.

Can anyone see any reasons for this sudden dreaming?

Can it be any supplements with a long time response time (accumulating) that is making this happen?

#2 NR2(x)

• 253 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:34 AM

I think it would be a good idea to include a summary of what you take
  • Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 JohnDoe999

• Topic Starter
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:36 AM

I think it would be a good idea to include a summary of what you take

Yes. Of course. I will try to do it tonight. Sorry.

#4 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:44 PM

If you're taking piracetam, it's probably that. Vivid and frequent dreams are a pretty common side effect. Other cholinergic drugs may have this effect, as well.

#5 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:01 PM

I've not altered my supplement schedule, and I've not altered any lifestyle variables.
Can it be any supplements with a long time response time (accumulating) that is making this happen?

What supplements are you currently taking? I get vivid dreams throughout the night when I combine vitamin B-12 with 5-HTP.

Edited by pycnogenol, 04 September 2010 - 11:03 PM.

#6 NR2(x)

• 253 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:30 AM

If you're taking piracetam, it's probably that. Vivid and frequent dreams are a pretty common side effect. Other cholinergic drugs may have this effect, as well.

+1
Also drugs that increase metabolism can have this effect

#7 Temp

• 34 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:40 PM

+1
Also drugs that increase metabolism can have this effect

Vivid dreams point to change in seratonin levels in your brain. Most likely an increase of seratonin. Also you will experience interupted sleep but a restfull night. This is caused by most seratogenics like 5htp, gaba, picamilon, piracetam, melatonin, sam'e, and to smaller degree bacopa.

#8 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:53 PM

The conversion of serotonin to melatonin is probably the main causative agent here. Melatonin, in high dosages, do induce vivid dreaming (overactive REM) -- it's a good thing if you feel refreshed in the morning -- and haven't you watched inception? It's awesome to be able to remember vivid dreams, and if you get it each night -- be thankful.

#9 meursault

• 370 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:34 PM

Any change in take of MAOIs or MAOI-like substances could be responsible.

#10 JohnDoe999

• Topic Starter
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:49 PM

What about Ginkgo Biloba? Would that have any effect? I.e. taking it before going to bed instead of in the morning.

#11 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:39 PM

What about Ginkgo Biloba? Would that have any effect? I.e. taking it before going to bed instead of in the morning.

I think it could, why are you taking it before bed?

#12 chilp

• 89 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:45 PM

Also you will experience interupted sleep but a restfull night. This is caused by most seratogenics like 5htp, gaba, picamilon, piracetam, melatonin, sam'e, and to smaller degree bacopa.

Interesting, I didn't know that, only experienced it without knowing. Any useful links with more info on this `?

#13 aLurker

• 715 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:54 PM

Check out lucid dreaming forums, here is some reading about lucid dreaming and supplements that mentions galantamine, choline, nicotine, piracetam, mucuna pruriens, yohimbine, 5-htp and melatonin.

#14 NR2(x)

• 253 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:09 AM

By the way selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors decrease REM by a considerable amount. 5-ht may act differently as it doesnt cross the BBB, but its metabolites may which may have the opposite effect.

#15 bobman

• 258 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:47 AM

However; suddenly I am experiencing vivid dreams every night. It has happened for 7 days in a row.

Normally I fall to sleep almost immediately, and I dream vividly normally only once each 14 days, maximum (and then usually for only a couple of hours it seems)

Based on this I feel more revitalized in the morning, and I am concentrating better throughout the day.

I have this as well. It's been like this since May. Without exception, every single night I've had extremely detailed, vivid dreams, from which I'd awake with recovered memories. I think it is a PTSD symptom in my case, but it is also true that when not medicated I've always had extremely vivid fantastical dreams, which I would not only remember, but have series of dreams where a single concept or environment is developed, and lucid dreams within a dream, where I would awake from a previously experienced dream into a 2ndary dream state, when I realized that the 1st dream state was pre-programmed, synthetic. I've actually woken up from dreams where I'd suddenly remembered the name of something, even, weirdly enough, the names of chemical compounds which I had tried & failed to recall at some point prior to the dream.

#16 chilp

• 89 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:56 AM

Check out lucid dreaming forums, here is some reading about lucid dreaming and supplements that mentions galantamine, choline, nicotine, piracetam, mucuna pruriens, yohimbine, 5-htp and melatonin.

Thanks, I'm gonna have a look. However, I don't like having my sleep interrupted, even if I feel ok the next day, so I'm looking for the perfect antidote.

#17 outsider

• 396 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:04 AM

I have this as well. It's been like this since May. Without exception, every single night I've had extremely detailed, vivid dreams, from which I'd awake with recovered memories. I think it is a PTSD symptom in my case, but it is also true that when not medicated I've always had extremely vivid fantastical dreams, which I would not only remember, but have series of dreams where a single concept or environment is developed, and lucid dreams within a dream, where I would awake from a previously experienced dream into a 2ndary dream state, when I realized that the 1st dream state was pre-programmed, synthetic. I've actually woken up from dreams where I'd suddenly remembered the name of something, even, weirdly enough, the names of chemical compounds which I had tried & failed to recall at some point prior to the dream.

Wow I thought a second level of dream was only a fabrication from the Inception Dicaprio movie.

I've had precise information about my supplements from dreams myself. Once I found the definitive big leather book about Gotu Kola in a library, but can't remember reading it.

Lately I had intense vivid dreams about my life too. And incredibly enough one night was the first part and a couple of weeks later there was the second part.

But I attributed it to my change in my supplements.

#18 TheRoyalFlush

• 9 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

I too have been having this, since about the beginning of June.

#19 Imagination

• 350 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:21 PM

I've been having it a lot recently too, every night extremely vivid dreams that I can remember the next day, normally I only dream or remember dreaming once in a blue moon.

I think most people dream every night but don't always remember them, the extra nootropics you are taking could be causing you to help remember them.

It could also be caused by doing a lot of studying recently if that's what you are doing. During the exam periods when my brain is active a lot, I dream lots more, I think it's your brain sorting through all the information you have been inputing.

That's my two theroies anyway.....

#20 Aragonien

• 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:03 PM

I took 800 mg piracetam + 200 mg ginkgo biloba extract yesterday... I have never in my life experienced so vivid lucid dreams. I was able, in my dream, to relive my life going from elementery school to high school. Everything was so clear, I could see everybodys faces like they were back then and I could even remember the names of everyone. Truly amazing! I remembered things I thought I forgot.

When I woke up today I was a little afraid. How could it be possible to have so vivid dreams and remember EVERYTHING. Piracetam is a very powerful chemical, I have realized that after only one night. And the human brain is fantastic.

I can not wait to go to bed!

#21 yuri35434

• 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:53 AM

The reason why you vividly dream taking cholinergic drugs to things which supplement melatonin or neurotransmitter drugs is because you are breaking out of your conditioning induced by a sort of mind control of sleep learning preformed by the police state.

This can be demonstrated by playing white noise while you sleep and observing vertical and horizontal lines during waking. Here is a link showing the basic premise and method: http://docs.google.c...dRWt68doQ&pli=1

More so the people in your dreams may be real people who are manipulating different dreams in order to have to go about you daily business in a set path.

• Well Written x 1

#22 hatakah

• 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:49 AM

The reason why you vividly dream taking cholinergic drugs to things which supplement melatonin or neurotransmitter drugs is because you are breaking out of your conditioning induced by a sort of mind control of sleep learning preformed by the police state.

This can be demonstrated by playing white noise while you sleep and observing vertical and horizontal lines during waking. Here is a link showing the basic premise and method: http://docs.google.c...dRWt68doQ&pli=1

More so the people in your dreams may be real people who are manipulating different dreams in order to have to go about you daily business in a set path.

Link doesn't seem to be working. Would like to know more as I experience this frequently.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#23 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2022 - 04:08 AM

Dreams can be dangerous for your mental health as well as good. I dreamed about spider hanging over me few years ago and I ran out of my bed screaming and little did I know it was only the beginning of my life going downhill. Only recently I started dreaming about babyspiders and this is like the first spider dream since the first one and now my life is getting better again.

Edited by kurdishfella, 24 April 2022 - 04:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users