• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

When do you know Piracetam is not working for you?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 raihan mirza

• 10 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:28 PM

So I have been taking Piracetam lately. I probably took about 6 doses throughtout a period of 2 weeks about 2-3 days apart. The first time I took 1 gram. The second time I took 3 grams, the third time I took 5 grams the fourth time I took 8 grams, the 5th time I took 10 grams and the 6th time I took 12 grams. I started taking Piracetam at the start of Ramadan. So I would fast the entire day and then after I break my fast with a meal I would take my Piracetam. I just did one entire dose of the dosages mentioned above. I wanted to take Piracetam continuously but due to classes, sometimes I would not get a chance to take my piracetam. I didn't notice a significant nootropic effect. Does Piracetam not work on me? Should I continue using it to see if I have any more effects?

#2 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:13 PM

I think you should try a more consistent dosing schedule. Maybe something like 1g twice a day. The schedule you outlined above, compounded with an unusual condition like fasting, may not have given you the most accurate picture of its effects.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 soulfiremage

• 104 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

The fasting will have a massive impact on the availability of glucose to your neurons. Whilst alternative metabolism can kick in (ketones I believe), I don't know what effects this less ideal mechanism would have. I would think it's highly likely that low fuel supplies would more than negate any positive benefit you could gain from any drug.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:31 AM

The fasting will have a massive impact on the availability of glucose to your neurons. Whilst alternative metabolism can kick in (ketones I believe), I don't know what effects this less ideal mechanism would have. I would think it's highly likely that low fuel supplies would more than negate any positive benefit you could gain from any drug.

Yes! glucose is an excellent point. There's a thread in the pinned index in which we discussed the effect different carbohydrate intakes had on piracetam/choline; I think it can be pretty noticeable. ALCAR encourages the use of alternate energy sources, so it may be doubly useful in this case. You may need a high dose (say, 2x2g/day?), and maybe even a concurrent choline precursor, to make up for the lack of glucose available to be converted into acetylcholine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users