- - - - -

ALCAR and Oxidative Risk

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Revisiter

• 11 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:35 AM

Hello ImmInst,

I've recently started nootropic supplementing, and I've seen how many experience a stronger synergistic effect with ALCAR. Now I understand the logic behind is to boost the availability of acetylcholine through donation of acetyl group.

My current choline source is a mix of 250mg choline bitartrate and 250mg inositol per pill, 2 pills per dose. On 2g of Piracetam per dose as well. Will ALCAR be necessary? Do I have to boost up my take of choline?

Also, I've read about the oxidation that ALCAR causes, would someone enlighten me about this, and also the ratio of ALCAR:Piracetam I would have to take to get an optimal effect.

Also, will an anti-oxidant(ALA) be necessary or do I just keep eating oranges from now on.

Cheers,

Revisiter

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:39 AM

Oxidation isn't a problem with ALCAR unless you go to unreasonably high doses.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Revisiter

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:26 AM

So the amount I should take with my 4g a day piracetam should be moderately low right?

#4 babcock

• 299 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:09 PM

I personally take 500mg. But supplementation up to 2g should be ok without needing to worry about oxidative risk. Plus oxidation is so 2004....

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:07 PM

See this thread for more specific dosage recommendations with regard to the oxidation issue: http://www.imminst.o...cal-production/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users