* * * * * 1 votes

Delegates 'in spirit'

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:45 AM

Could we sell tickets to ImmInst Members (say at $10 per head) who cannot come to the conference but would like to show their support?

Their name could be listed on the delegate list and their face or avatar could be displayed on a poster and/or on the scree in between presentations.
  • like x 1

#2 s123

• Director
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:55 AM

For me this is a good idea. Is it possible to let these people attend the round table meeting virtually? Over skype maybe and we can plug the sound system from the conference room directly into skype?

#3 caliban

• Topic Starter
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:29 PM

For me this is a good idea.

Ok, write an advert and tell me where to put it.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 caliban

• Topic Starter
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:31 PM

As nothing was forthcoming here is my suggestion.
Please approve asap.

The ImmInst Conference in Brussels begins in a few days. This will be the first dedicated Immortality Institute event outside of the USA. It reflects the fact that, whereas ImmmInst was started and incorporated in the US, this is a global movement, and, especially in recent years, many European voices and volunteers have joined the cause.
The physical journey 'across the pond' won't be easy or affordable for many.

Therefore, for our international delegates, we would like to offer the option of joining the conference as a 'virtual delegate' or 'delegate in spirit'. By buying a 'virtual ticket' for just $18 (minimum donation) you can signal your support for this event, and join us in spirit if not in person.

• Unless you wish otherwise, your names will be included in the conference delegate list and be read out in the acknowledgement section.
  • Vitual Delegates will have their profile picture - or another picture of your choice - displayed on the conference screen between presentations.
  • We will also put up a poster listing all virtual members, using you picture and a statement, quote or words of greeting of your choice, including your contact details if you wish.
  • If we get the technical setup working, virtual delegates are more than welcome to join the livestream of the event and ask questions. They will be given preference to other online visitors in this regard.

ImmInst is not making money with this confrenece, far from it. By joining as a delegate in spirit you can ease our financial worries a bit. More importantly though, you can show your support for like minded gatherings across the world and for the global partnership that we need to achieve out common mission.

#5 caliban

• Topic Starter
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:11 PM

?

#6 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

Sounds clever and great. Virtual is misspelled in the second bullet point.

#7 s123

• Director
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:23 AM

Sounds great.

How would the Ustream work? I'm not sure that this would be possible. I will talk with Adam (who films it) if it's possible to broadcast it live.

#8 s123

• Director
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:54 AM

Adam says that it is impossible to broadcast it live. I asked him why. So, it seems that we will have to remove this from the list.

#9 caliban

• Topic Starter
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:04 PM

to broadcast live we just need to hook into our ustream channel. We have done that before without difficulty. We just need a wireless network connection point or 'dongle'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users