- - - - -

DMAE VS Centrophenoxine

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pinballwizard

• Life Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:55 PM

I have been trying to figure out what is better for ADD? DMAE, Centrophenoxine (CPX) or both?

I am taking 125mgs of centrophenoxine right now daily with food. I heard a lot of people with ADD say that they like DMAE and one that did not. There are many studies that say great things about DMAE and a few that say the opposite.

The gist of it all that I read is that CPX gets assimilated easier, it is an anti-oxidant and then turns into DMAE, so it has three things that DMAE has. However, because I heard some great things from ADD posters regarding taking about 250-500mgs of DMAE in split doses, it has led me to ponder.

Are there any people that have tried both out there?
Any ADD posters that care to comment?
What does 125 mgs of CPX get you in DMAE anyway?

Well, I learned one thing, whatever you do, take DMAE or CPX seperate from other choline precursors because they compete with each other, and supposedly the more important nootropic, choline loses to DMAE in the assimilation. (please correct me if I am wrong)

Pinball

#2 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 11:06 PM

Do searches on pyritinol.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 unipolar_mania

• 87 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 03:01 AM

Doesn't pyritinol cause autoimmune problems?

#4 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 04:12 AM

1. Read cosmos answer to that somewhere in here (do a search)

http://forum.avantlabs.com/

2. search this place and read lifemirage's comments on it (and answer that question) here.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 pinballwizard

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 06:49 AM

1. Read cosmos answer to that somewhere in here (do a search)

http://forum.avantlabs.com/

2. search this place and read lifemirage's comments on it (and answer that question) here.

Scott,

Thanks for pushing me to that avantlabs site. I am over there now too.

http://forum.avantla...&t=9667&hl=dmae

In the above link cosmos is showing his stream of consciousness about DMAE. I read his other posts that you referred to (FYI). I think that DMAE might be a bad for most people in the usual doses, and I got a cheap bottle in the mail today and in a couple weeks I might titrate slowly up to a low level and try to see results after two weeks at that level.

pinball

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users