• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * - - 10 votes

God Is Theoretically Possible

• Please log in to reply
774 replies to this topic

#391 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:48 AM

I do not think a god is possible, necessary, or even a reasonable consideration. We invented him to boost our ego, control large groups of people (beyond what the alpha male system can control), and to give us immortality. If god were actually real, especially a Christian god, then I still wouldn't worship the pitiful, child killing bastard. Why others do is beyond comprehension.
  • like x 1

#392 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:23 AM

Well, cretinists have the demonstrated ability to believe anything what the religious indoctrination commands them to believe. This defect makes them incapable of forming a scientific worldview or an informed opinion on just about anything. Debating them on any issue is completely futile. My respect for those morans is zero.

Posted Image
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#393 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:25 AM

And if a Christian god were real, for example, why would he allow most of human worship (over human existence) to be for goddesses, and non-Christian gods???

It's even funnier that Jahve/Jehova/Jesus does not mention to jews that the messiah has arrived, even though this condems them to hell. Too bad, LOL.

#394 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:00 PM

You are just saying this to avoid answering anything. I never hear any thing coming from you except The purple monster which you borrowed from someone else. More nonsense.

Whatever. Look back through this thread and look at all video and link responses you made instead of speaking for yourself. You are such a typical self righteous, brain washed religious nut job.

#395 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:53 PM

I do not think a god is possible, necessary, or even a reasonable consideration. We invented him to boost our ego, control large groups of people (beyond what the alpha male system can control), and to give us immortality. If god were actually real, especially a Christian god, then I still wouldn't worship the pitiful, child killing bastard. Why others do is beyond comprehension.

OK, there is nothing I want to add here. We disagree. :)

#396 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:01 PM

You are just saying this to avoid answering anything. I never hear any thing coming from you except The purple monster which you borrowed from someone else. More nonsense.

Whatever. Look back through this thread and look at all video and link responses you made instead of speaking for yourself. You are such a typical self righteous, brain washed religious nut job.

All you have got is name calling. OK. I am speaking for myself Not interested in engaging this level of bigoted Atheist hysteria.

#397 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

Well, cretinists have the demonstrated ability to believe anything what the religious indoctrination commands them to believe. This defect makes them incapable of forming a scientific worldview or an informed opinion on just about anything. Debating them on any issue is completely futile. My respect for those morans is zero.

Posted Image

You don't have a clue of what you are saying. You have no response to ny last post on "information theory". http://www.longecity...post__p__489954 after you made such an issue out of it. Why is it all you Atheists have is name calling bigotry? Ho Hum....

Edited by shadowhawk, 08 December 2011 - 06:21 PM.

#398 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:55 PM

All you have got is name calling. OK. I am speaking for myself Not interested in engaging this level of bigoted Atheist hysteria.

Unfortunately my description was dead on accurate.

On a side note, the irony and hypocrisy of your comment is overwhelming.

#399 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

Unfortunately my description was dead on accurate.

On a side note, the irony and hypocrisy of your comment is overwhelming.

Why don't you say something factual related to the subject of the thread? How about Information theory? http://www.longecity...post__p__489953 So you can call names... :sleep:

Edited by shadowhawk, 08 December 2011 - 08:23 PM.

#400 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:19 PM

Evolution vs Naturalism debate between theist and Atheist.

#401 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:59 PM

What is your point?

Do you think a "debate" refutes 150+ of science, LOL?

#402 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

A day with no yesterday.

http://www.catholice...nce/sc0022.html

#403 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:29 PM

What is your point?

Do you think a "debate" refutes 150+ of science, LOL?

Does evolution disprove naturalism? Where did you get your stats?

#404 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:34 PM

So you do you accept evolution as understood in biology? Please give a straight answer.

ps. biology has no need for the hand of god anywhere.

#405 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:50 PM

So you do you accept evolution as understood in biology? Please give a straight answer.

I am not the only one who answers questions here. First Biology is not some monolithic view. There are many schools. Biology raises many philosophical issues that relate to God. I have raised them many times but I don't recall you dealing with anything. So this is a game.

#406 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:02 AM

I am not the only one who answers questions here. First Biology is not some monolithic view. There are many schools. Biology raises many philosophical issues that relate to God. I have raised them many times but I don't recall you dealing with anything. So this is a game.

Biology is monolithic is the sense that none of the "schools" need or use gods for anything. Come on, be a good Christian and say honestly what your view is, it cannot be that hard.

Edited by platypus, 09 December 2011 - 12:02 AM.

#407 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:19 AM

You did not deal with the Information Theory post I made regarding the genetic code. http://www.longecity...post__p__489954

When you do we shall discuss it. In meantime ...

Edited by shadowhawk, 09 December 2011 - 12:23 AM.

#408 mia22

• 52 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:28 AM

Arguing about the unanswerable is always fun, isn't it?
I'm as skeptical/empirical oriented as anyone, yet when I think about the totality of existence, it is hard not to imagine there is more going on than our five senses our privy to.
That existence exists in the first place is astonishing in my opinion.
  • like x 2

#409 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:41 AM

You did not deal with the Information Theory post I made regarding the genetic code.

Science has dealt with it ages ago - gods are still not needed to encode information in the genome. This should not be news to you.

#410 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:46 AM

You did not deal with the Information Theory post I made regarding the genetic code.

Science has dealt with it ages ago - gods are still not needed to encode information in the genome. This should not be news to you.

You are just playing a game. Not interested.

#411 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:09 AM

Basic to biology is the genetic code. I have provided a piece on the fact codes emerge from top down which I think is quite good. I recommend you read it and tell me what you think. Information requires a mind and many explain the direction that things evolve as directed by mind or God..
http://www.longecity...post__p__489954

Here is a video by Francis Collins a scientist, biologist and head of the genome project mapping the gene. http://www.amazon.co...ntt_aut_sim_2_1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obEBR5MbhNU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EgRigVGU-w&feature=related

Edited by shadowhawk, 09 December 2011 - 01:38 AM.

#412 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:24 AM

Information requires a mind and many explain the direction that things evolve as directed by mind or God..

That's complete bullshit and it's embarrasing you believe crap like that. You apparently don't undertand the evolutionary process and natural selection at all. Why don't you go and buy yourself an education that might give you the tools to understand the natural world?

Edited by platypus, 09 December 2011 - 07:34 AM.

• dislike x 1

#413 Connor MacLeod

• 619 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:28 AM

You did not deal with the Information Theory post I made regarding the genetic code. http://www.longecity...post__p__489954

When you do we shall discuss it. In meantime ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M-vnmejwXo&feature=player_embedded

That was hilarious! :laugh:
  • like x 1

#414 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:35 PM

Information requires a mind and many explain the direction that things evolve as directed by mind or God..

That's complete bullshit and it's embarrasing you believe crap like that. You apparently don't undertand the evolutionary process and natural selection at all. Why don't you go and buy yourself an education that might give you the tools to understand the natural world?

Name calling is apparently all you got for an argument. :) I need to be educated so I can argue like you. Not interested, I would rather remain uneducated and stupid if that is the result. I see no good in continuing to relate to anything along this line while thinking I may get something of substance from you. .Again, not interested.
  • dislike x 1

#415 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:56 PM

The positive argument I made for information theory in the genetic code is based upon uniform cause-and-effect relations: codes and digital information are categories of effects uniformly associated with intelligent causes. Indeed, to the recent extent that Yarus and others have succeeded in establishing affinities between codons and amino acids, they did so only as a direct consequence of their own intelligent manipulation and intervention. But if we require intelligent input to accomplish such a feat under laboratory conditions, how can we expect the blind and impersonal forces of nature to be up to the task?

#416 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:40 PM

Name calling is apparently all you got for an argument. :) I need to be educated so I can argue like you. Not interested, I would rather remain uneducated and stupid if that is the result. I see no good in continuing to relate to anything along this line while thinking I may get something of substance from you. .Again, not interested.

You seem too thick to register what has been said. Evolution works beautifully without needing gods to interfere and this has been clear to scientists for more then 100 years. If you'd rather stick to the brainwashing required by your bronze-age religion instead of wanting to find out how the natural world actually works, that's your choice.

ps. you've ignored many of my substantive questions since you cannot find christian videos that address them - you do realise that's pretty weak don't you?

#417 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:45 PM

Basic to biology is the genetic code. I have provided a piece on the fact codes emerge from top down which I think is quite good. I recommend you read it and tell me what you think. Information requires a mind and many explain the direction that things evolve as directed by mind or God..
http://www.longecity...post__p__489954

Here is a video by Francis Collins a scientist, biologist and head of the genome project mapping the gene. http://www.amazon.co...ntt_aut_sim_2_1

Random video links instead of making your own argument.

You are playing games. Not interested.

#418 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:57 PM

Wonder why Atheists respond the way they do? Typical of them.

• dislike x 1

#419 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:43 PM

Wonder why Atheists respond the way they do? Typical of them.

Hypocritical, bigoted, and lame attempt at an insult.

Video link instead of thinking for yourself.

Not interested.

Edited by mikeinnaples, 13 December 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#420 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:26 PM

creatio ex nihilo: A Latin phrase that literally means "creation out of nothing." Augustine is credited with developing the argument that God created the world without any preexisting materials. This was in contrast to most Greek philosophers, who understood the creative act as God's ordering of eternally existing materials into the present world or universe. The value of the doctrine of creatio ex nihilo is that it maintains a clear distinction between God and the created order and also maintains that God alone has eternal status.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users