• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * - - 10 votes

God Is Theoretically Possible

• Please log in to reply
774 replies to this topic

#661 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

ATHEISTS HAVE NO EVIDENCE1

• dislike x 1

#662 Link

• 120 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

How did I know you would not come up with anything and ignore most of my questions again and again.

Hypocrite much?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciVL86XQlvM&feature=digest_mon

Wow amazing I've never heard that argument before, so everything for which that there is no evidence that it exists must be true and we should all believe in it. I'm sure every atheist that watches this video must feel really stupid.

Whether or not you can dis prove God depends on your definition of God. If you are a Christian then it's easy, just look at the Bible.
  • like x 1

#663 Link

• 120 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

Edited by Link, 13 February 2012 - 11:40 PM.

#664 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

How did I know you would not come up with anything and ignore most of my questions again and again.

Hypocrite much?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciVL86XQlvM&feature=digest_mon

Wow amazing I've never heard that argument before, so everything for which that there is no evidence that it exists must be true and we should all believe in it. I'm sure every atheist that watches this video must feel really stupid.

Whether or not you can dis prove God depends on your definition of God. If you are a Christian then it's easy, just look at the Bible.

There are all kinds of things that exist that we did not know existed but do. I assume the situation is the same still unless you know differently. Prove there is no God. I would argue the Bible but off topic and not interested here. Atheists hide behind the argument they do not have to provide any evidence. Depends on how you state there is No God. Don't feel stupid. .
  • dislike x 1

#665 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:50 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-4IpgmyU8k&feature=related

Wow, quite intellectual. Truth only comes from mockers. I can't escape the power of this logiccal fallacy because it is funny.

Edited by shadowhawk, 14 February 2012 - 12:51 AM.

• dislike x 1

#666 Link

• 120 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:23 AM

There are all kinds of things that exist that we did not know existed but do. I assume the situation is the same still unless you know differently. Prove there is no God. I would argue the Bible but off topic and not interested here. Atheists hide behind the argument they do not have to provide any evidence. Depends on how you state there is No God. Don't feel stupid. .

The idea that atheists "hide behind the argument that they don't have to provide any evidence" is absolutely ridiculous.

The simple fact is, atheists don't believe in anything unless there is a good reason to do so, it's common sense. Most atheists have simply concluded, based on all the available information, that it is far more likely that religion is a construct of mankind as a way to explain those things were unexplainable 2000 years ago.

We now have much better explanations and so we don't believe in God or Gods because we see religious stories for what they are, fables.

Atheists don't have an agenda against God, they simply don't believe in it because they have never seen a good reason to, just like why they don't believe in Santa Claus.

You are free to believe in whatever you want, no matter how ridiculous it may be.

A question that you have continuosly avoided is why is Christianity any more valid than Islam, or Buddhism or Thor, Zeus, Scientology, Hinduism, Mormonism, Judaism, Paganism or even the Flying Spaghetti Monster?
  • like x 2

#667 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

How did I know you would not come up with anything and ignore most of my questions again and again. At least you agree with the Darwin statement. So do I.

So are there any significant papers on that list or not? Do your homework please and I WILL look at the 2-3 most influential papers. You're trying to stop discussion by flooding the thread with 2-hour videos and multi-page copypaste jobs. So far ID is not even close to a viable scientific theory and there's absolutely no proof that biodiversity needs a "designer". Evolution rules :)
  • like x 1

#668 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

How did I know you would not come up with anything and ignore most of my questions again and again. At least you agree with the Darwin statement. So do I.

So are there any significant papers on that list or not? Do your homework please and I WILL look at the 2-3 most influential papers. You're trying to stop discussion by flooding the thread with 2-hour videos and multi-page copypaste jobs. So far ID is not even close to a viable scientific theory and there's absolutely no proof that biodiversity needs a "designer". Evolution rules :)

Ho Hummmn you have nothing but Logical Fallacies.

#669 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

Ho Hummmn you have nothing but Logical Fallacies.

Ha ha.

#670 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

Link: The idea that atheists "hide behind the argument that they don't have to provide any evidence" is absolutely ridiculous.

The simple fact is, atheists don't believe in anything unless there is a good reason to do so, it's common sense. Most atheists have simply concluded, based on all the available information, that it is far more likely that religion is a construct of mankind as a way to explain those things were unexplainable 2000 years ago.

This would mean my dog is an atheist. If they don’t believe in any thing they sure talk about nothing a lot. The real definition of atheism: the belief that there is no God. The fake definition of atheism: the lack of belief in God. Which is yours?

A = Without
Theos = God
Atheos = Without God
Thus
Atheism is the belief that there is no God.

So where is the evidence?

Link: We now have much better explanations and so we don't believe in God or Gods because we see religious stories for what they are, fables.

Atheists don't have an agenda against God, they simply don't believe in it because they have never seen a good reason to, just like why they don't believe in Santa Claus.

By the way, there was a real Santa Claus. People who don’t believe that are ignorant.

This is not evidence. Ad Hominem argument and name calling.

Link: You are free to believe in whatever you want, no matter how ridiculous it may be.

So are you. What is your point? Where is the evidence?

Link: A question that you have continuosly avoided is why is Christianity any more valid than Islam, or Buddhism or Thor, Zeus, Scientology, Hinduism, Mormonism, Judaism, Paganism or even the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

I have not avoided Christianity, it is off topic. I have already talked about it and other religions, somewhat, in the discussion of “light,” earlier in this topic.. The made up Spaghetti monster has been discussed several times in this topic. If you disagree with anything that has been said, what?

You are the one avoiding the question, where is the evidence there is no God.?
  • dislike x 1

#671 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

End of my discussion of Intelligent Design with a great presentation of Thestic Evolution. This is a different take on God and why evolution does not rule God out by a top Evolutionist.

• dislike x 1

#672 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:28 AM

you dont write you just post video over and over

Edited by hooter, 15 February 2012 - 12:29 AM.

#673 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:53 PM

you dont write you just post video over and over

You obviously can't read or you would know this is false. I never posted this video before. I have a personal library of almost 50,000 books. Wonder if you would also freak out if you had to read one of them? Just can't handle anything tougher than a comic book?

#674 Link

• 120 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:25 AM

Link: The idea that atheists "hide behind the argument that they don't have to provide any evidence" is absolutely ridiculous.

This would mean my dog is an atheist. If they don’t believe in any thing they sure talk about nothing a lot. The real definition of atheism: the belief that there is no God. The fake definition of atheism: the lack of belief in God. Which is yours?

A = Without
Theos = God
Atheos = Without God
Thus
Atheism is the belief that there is no God.

So where is the evidence?

Whilst it is true that when pushed most atheists would say that they believe there is no God, that does not mean they assert that a God of some description is an absolute impossibility. Simply that they find it more likely given the evidence that one does not exist than that one would.

If an atheist was shown undeniable proof of God's existence then they would change their mind, however there is none, not a bit, ZERO. So the lack of proof is proof enough, especially given how hard people have tried to find any.

Seeing is believing, show me your God and i will believe. Until then i do not believe - only an idiot would do so.

Link: We now have much better explanations and so we don't believe in God or Gods because we see religious stories for what they are, fables.

By the way, there was a real Santa Claus. People who don’t believe that are ignorant.

This is not evidence. Ad Hominem argument and name calling.

(Rolling my eyes) There was a Saint Nicholas, whom the MYTH of Santa Claus is based on.

What you said is like saying that there was a real James Bond, because there were real MI6 agents.

And you obviously have no idea what Ad Hominem means, i think you just think it makes you sound clever to use latin words, there was not one personal attack in my whole post. However your post to hooter above is filled with them, and was extremely rude i might add.

Link: You are free to believe in whatever you want, no matter how ridiculous it may be.

So are you. What is your point? Where is the evidence?

I don't need evidence that something does not exist for me to believe that it does not exist, the complete lack of evidence of something, especially when people have tried for millenia to find it, is evidence.

God has about the same level of evidence for it's existence as, as pixies, fire breathing dragons, trolls, goblins, ewoks, the Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, the Yeti and a hundred other fantasy creatures. I don't believe that any of these exist either but can i prove it? NO. I'm merely applying a consistent level of sceptiscism to all things which are proposed to exist, God included.

Link: A question that you have continuosly avoided is why is Christianity any more valid than Islam, or Buddhism or Thor, Zeus, Scientology, Hinduism, Mormonism, Judaism, Paganism or even the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

I have not avoided Christianity, it is off topic. I have already talked about it and other religions, somewhat, in the discussion of “light,” earlier in this topic.. The made up Spaghetti monster has been discussed several times in this topic. If you disagree with anything that has been said, what?

You are the one avoiding the question, where is the evidence there is no God.?

The question above (which you have again avoided) is entirely relevant, because if you challenge someone to disprove something like God then you need to define what God is.

If by God you simply mean "a force that governs the universe" then is gravity a God? or inertia? or magnetism?

If by God you mean the deity described in biblical scripture, then that is an entirely different kettle of fish.

#675 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

He is trolling for attention. After stepping aside for a while and looking back at all of this, the pattern is repeatable.

Stop feeding him, he apparently gets off on this sort of behavior.
  • like x 1

#676 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

Just can't handle anything tougher than a comic book?

I know you like walking the line with violating forum policy with your trolling, but insulting someone like this clearly crosses the line. It is also not very christian-like behavior.
  • like x 1

#677 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

Just can't handle anything tougher than a comic book?

I know you like walking the line with violating forum policy with your trolling, but insulting someone like this clearly crosses the line. It is also not very christian-like behavior.

I present the form of support most friendly to the internet, one used all over LONGECITY and you whine like a baby. Would a Christian say this? One just did.

Most of the videos I have presented include two sides in debate. Just read your past posts and you will see how nonsensical it now is for you to act as a moral judge as well. Not interested in this childishness. Boring!!!
  • dislike x 2

#678 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

Most of the videos I have presented include two sides in debate. Just read your past posts and you will see how nonsensical it now is for you to act as a moral judge as well. Not interested in this childishness. Boring!!!

Leave the thread then.

ps. do you have proof that Odin does not exist? :D
  • like x 1

#679 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:30 AM

LINK : Whilst it is true that when pushed most atheists would say that they believe there is no God, that does not mean they assert that a God of some description is an absolute impossibility. Simply that they find it more likely given the evidence that one does not exist than that one would.

If an atheist was shown undeniable proof of God's existence then they would change their mind, however there is none, not a bit, ZERO. So the lack of proof is proof enough, especially given how hard people have tried to find any.

Seeing is believing, show me your God and I will believe. Until then I do not believe - only an idiot would do so.

Without asking me a question of whether God exists or not, I have asked you for evidence that God does not exist. There is no evidence, ZERO for Atheism and you can’t answer it. Lack of belief is not the definition of Atheism. My dog doesn't believe. If God is possible to you, you are not an Atheist and we agree with the topic. The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I have presented evidences in this topic, “The Theoretical Possibility of God.” I started off saying that an endless asking the question “why,” something children do; is not answerable. But there can be evidences for something but not inexhaustible evidence such as you are asking for. You don't have it for anything..

I also presented evidence in a series of debates between Atheists and Theists in the topic:
Theist, Atheist debates in England

http://www.longecity...post__p__480983

Some of the best and brightest Atheists in the world participated. I think your clam for zero evidence is exaggerated.

LINK : (Rolling my eyes) There was a Saint Nicholas, whom the MYTH of Santa Claus is based on.

What you said is like saying that there was a real James Bond, because there were real MI6 agents.

There is a Santa Clause and no matter how you roll your eyes you brought Him up as though he never existed. All I did was point out you didn’t know what you were talking about using Santa as an excuse for not believing something. You do believe!

LINK : I don't need evidence that something does not exist for me to believe that it does not exist, the complete lack of evidence of something, especially when people have tried for millenia to find it, is evidence.

God has about the same level of evidence for it's existence as, as pixies, fire breathing dragons, trolls, goblins, ewoks, the Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, the Yeti and a hundred other fantasy creatures. I don't believe that any of these exist either but can I prove it? NO. I'm merely applying a consistent level of sceptiscism to all things which are proposed to exist, God included.

You believe without evidence!!! The absence of evidence is not proof of absence and you are using it that way. Beside as I argued, I have produced evidence and you have provided nothing, ZERO. You believe based on Zero evidence when you demand total evidence when it comes to god. Then you use imaginary creatures made up of real things (arms, heads, fire, feet etc) to claim there is no God. Maybe you are thinking of a God made up of real things. When you get it right, you may find the real God. Science says nothing about this. Where is your science?

LINK : The question above (which you have again avoided) is entirely relevant, because if you challenge someone to disprove something like God then you need to define what God is.

If by God you simply mean "a force that governs the universe" then is gravity a God? or inertia? or magnetism?

If by God you mean the deity described in biblical scripture, then that is an entirely different kettle of fish

I have avoided nothing in this topic. You are arguing God is a possibility and your definition is what the topic is. We agree God is possible! What God are you talking about? Define your possible God. I have made no secret, I am a Christian but that is not the issue here. How about you?

#680 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:35 AM

Leave the thread then.

ps. do you have proof that Odin does not exist? :D

:sleep: Boring

Edited by shadowhawk, 17 February 2012 - 12:38 AM.

#681 Link

• 120 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:07 AM

The first 90% of your post literally didn't make any sense. In all seriousness is english your first language?

I'm going to just focus here on the main point.

I have avoided nothing in this topic.

Liar. You can't answer one very straightforward question.

Is there any more proof of the existence of your Christian God than there is of Allah or Zues or Thor or Krishna or The Flying Spaghetti Monster?

You are arguing God is a possibility and your definition is what the topic is. We agree God is possible! What God are you talking about? Define your possible God.

First of all, learn to structure a damn sentence.

Second, I have already given a definition of "God" that i agree with earlier in this thread, but here it is again.

NATURE is everything. There is mass, energy, atoms, molecules, life, thought, people, societies, galaxies and perhaps even multiple universes (pure speculation). But there is nothing outside nature, including spiritual visions and other phenomena we don't yet understand. If they exist, they are part of nature.

Spinoza asserted that for a concept of god to make any sense at all, it must simply be nature. That is, god cannot be something outside nature that controls it, but must necessarily be part of it. According to Spinoza, God IS nature. While Spinoza was excommunicated from his Jewish community in Amsterdam and condemned by Christians as well for being an atheist, he was very devoutly religious. He saw the traditional anthropomorphic (man-like) god as an abomination, completely rejecting the wonder of nature, from which life comes. To Spinoza, nature is the true expression of God. And each of us is part of it.

In essence, I believe that if there is anything which can be called God, then it is simply nature, and nothing exists outside of nature (i.e. the supernatural).

I have made no secret, I am a Christian but that is not the issue here. How about you?

That is the issue, if you are going to keep screaming "Where is the evidence?!!!" then i need to know what it is i am trying to disprove. The Christian God is easy to disprove, because almost everything in the Bible goes against known scientific knowledge and sound reasoning, from the creation of the earth and the evolution of animals, to Noah and the great flood to the exodus from Egypt. None of these events occurred as described in the Bible or if they did, God has done an incredibly good job of changing the world on order to deliberately deceive mankind.

There is also the issue of the completely illogical nature of the God of the Bible. If God loves all people, why were the Israelites his "chosen people" why not all mankind? What happens to the billions of people who lived their whole lives and never heard of Jesus? Why does God condone slavery, if he loves all men equally? Why does someone who supposedly created all the billions of stars, in all the billions of galaxies in the known universe, care about what a person on a tiny ball of dirt, in the middle of nowhere, does to the skin on the end of their penis? Why does he allow priests, those who are supposedly most connected with him, to molest innocent young boys? If God has a plan for the world, why is the world so fucked up?

The God of the bible, and the actions that he is supposed to have performed, are soooo illogical and go so far against everything observed in science, that it is impossible for a person with a view based on logic and sound reasoning to believe that he is anything more than a fairy tale.

If a Christian God does exist, then he is a bipolar, psychopathic trickster who it seems has reserved heaven for the stupid and naive.

#682 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

Another unanswered questions include:
  • How come there still are Jews, Jehova's witnesses and Mormons? They are talking to the same god as Christians do, in the same way (in prayer etc.). It does not seem to matter to God whether you believe in Jesus in the traditional way, or at all.
  • What's so great about a plan in which billions of people will be incinerated forever? So much for the "loving god" BS.

#683 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

LINK: That is the issue, if you are going to keep screaming "Where is the evidence?!!!" then I need to know what it is I am trying to disprove. The Christian God is easy to disprove, because almost everything in the Bible goes against known scientific knowledge and sound reasoning, from the creation of the earth and the evolution of animals, to Noah and the great flood to the exodus from Egypt. None of these events occurred as described in the Bible or if they did, God has done an incredibly good job of changing the world on order to deliberately deceive mankind.

There is also the issue of the completely illogical nature of the God of the Bible. If God loves all people, why were the Israelites his "chosen people" why not all mankind? What happens to the billions of people who lived their whole lives and never heard of Jesus? Why does God condone slavery, if he loves all men equally? Why does someone who supposedly created all the billions of stars, in all the billions of galaxies in the known universe, care about what a person on a tiny ball of dirt, in the middle of nowhere, does to the skin on the end of their penis? Why does he allow priests, those who are supposedly most connected with him, to molest innocent young boys? If God has a plan for the world, why is the world so fucked up?

The God of the bible, and the actions that he is supposed to have performed, are soooo illogical and go so far against everything observed in science, that it is impossible for a person with a view based on logic and sound reasoning to believe that he is anything more than a fairy tale.

If a Christian God does exist, then he is a bipolar, psychopathic trickster who it seems has reserved heaven for the stupid and naive.

One Logical Fallacy after another. Perfect examples. I hope your bigotry doesn’t blind you to the topic of this thread. If it does than I am not interested in a pissing contest over your never ending bigotry. You aren’t asking questions but hurling insults at faith. Anti Semitic and anti Christian sound a lot alike. Most of your questions are addressed to the old testament Jews. Obviously you and I do not agree on what kind of God there is. You are so ignorant of the Old Testament it would be hard to know where to begun answering you if I was inclined to do so. You have argued for what kind of God you believe in. OK, good enough for this topic which is not about Christians or Jews.

My question, “where is the evidence?” assumes you can read. The question is about atheism not Christianity, so where does your nonsensical tirade against Christianity come from? http://www.longecity...post__p__501082
Can’t say, “typical of atheism” in your case. You do believe God is possible don’t you?

Edited by shadowhawk, 17 February 2012 - 07:18 PM.

#684 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

• How come there still are Jews, Jehova's witnesses and Mormons? They are talking to the same god as Christians do, in the same way (in prayer etc.). It does not seem to matter to God whether you believe in Jesus in the traditional way, or at all.
  • What's so great about a plan in which billions of people will be incinerated forever? So much for the "loving god" BS.

Not unanswered, never asked. I don't know the answer to these dumb questions. Off topic.

#685 Link

• 120 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:06 AM

Pretty much the response i expected.

#686 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:59 AM

Pretty much the response i expected.

If he just wants to propagate the classical christian virtue of censorship without argument, maybe he should just get a blog and give a rest.

Edited by hooter, 18 February 2012 - 06:59 AM.

#687 Valkyrie

• 23 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:02 AM

i never understand why athiests hate religious people so much. religious types don't hate athiests so what gives?

#688 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

Not unanswered, never asked. I don't know the answer to these dumb questions. Off topic.

You "don't know the answer"? How about this one: the Judeo-Christian God does not exist, and therefore doesn't communicate with people. Got any evidence against it?

#689 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

i never understand why athiests hate religious people so much. religious types don't hate athiests so what gives?

Really? Ever hear of crusades? Religious killings? Do you know that both the Bible and the Qua'ran call for murder and fair game of unbelievers?

#690 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

Really? Ever hear of crusades? Religious killings? Do you know that both the Bible and the Qua'ran call for murder and fair game of unbelievers?

Yeah, and how about Jahve's loving plan to incinerate and torture billions of people forever? Nice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users