Photo
- - - - -

Boswellia nootropic value

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shulginstestsubject

• 53 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:35 AM

I've come across a lot of reports from people who use boswellia for it's nootropic benefits. Of those people, the majority of them seem to find the herb stimulating. Can anyone attest to this? What is the nootropic mechanism? There are some people who will even go as far to say that boswellia is just as powerful as Modafinil. These leads me to believe that there is some sort of dopaminergic mechanism at play. Has anybody come across any studies that indicate that boswellia has a positive effect on dopamine release/dopamine receptors/transporters. If the claim that it is as powerful as modafinil is true, then this herb will prove quite valuable to me. Thank you

#2 Shulginstestsubject

• Topic Starter
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:09 PM

I can't find any studies indicating that Boswellia has any nootropic value, let alone any psychostimulant properties. I just need somebody who has tried Boswellia and noticed some nootropic/psychostimulant properties to let me know. Maybe there is a connection between 5-Loxin and dopamine/orexin, but I have yet to find any studies confirming this. I can't even find studies that relate Boswellia to any psychoactivity (with the exception of incensole acetate and TRPV3). Is there anyone who can attest to any nootropic value, or psychostimulant properties of Boswellia? Thank you

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users