Photo
- - - - -

Pramiracetam, Alpha GPC, and CDP Choline: Questions Regarding these th

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 solracselbor

• 98 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:04 AM

1) I found a source online called Smart Powders that sells Pramiracetam (NOT PIRACETAM) bulk powder at 25g a tub. However, it does not state the equivalent grams per 1/4 teaspoon (like most powders on the website). Would anyone know what the grams are for pramiracetam per 1/4 teaspoon? I heard this stuff is a lot more potent that piracetam, and I really don't want to take too much.

2) The same web site sells Alpha-GPC, but under the name of "Alpha-GPC Powder 50% Choline". What does this name mean? In my opinion it seems to be alluding to the possibility that half of it is Alpha-GPC and the other half is choline citrate (or some other cheaper alternative). Forgive my ignorance, but I dont see any other vendors selling Alpha GPC with any mention of "50% choline". Any advice?

3) What is the daily recommended dosage for Alpha-GPC when combining it with pramiracitam?

4) Is a form of choline more preferred over the other (I.e. Alpha GPC vs CDP Choline vs Choline Citrate vs DMAE)? I used to use 500mg CDP-Choline along with about 2.4g of piracetam daily. I never really noticed an effect.

5) I have a bottle of CDP Choline from Jarrow Formulas that has expired about 4 months ago, is this still good? It is unopened.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by solracselbor, 14 November 2010 - 08:13 AM.

#2 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:44 AM

1) I found a source online called Smart Powders that sells Pramiracetam (NOT PIRACETAM) bulk powder at 25g a tub. However, it does not state the equivalent grams per 1/4 teaspoon (like most powders on the website). Would anyone know what the grams are for pramiracetam per 1/4 teaspoon? I heard this stuff is a lot more potent that piracetam, and I really don't want to take too much.

It's not that popular, so I don't know if anyone will answer this. Your best bet may be to grab a $15 electronic scale somewhere.

2) The same web site sells Alpha-GPC, but under the name of "Alpha-GPC Powder 50% Choline". What does this name mean? In my opinion it seems to be alluding to the possibility that half of it is Alpha-GPC and the other half is choline citrate (or some other cheaper alternative). Forgive my ignorance, but I dont see any other vendors selling Alpha GPC with any mention of "50% choline". Any advice?

It's 50% maltose (IIRC), because pure alpha GPC sucks water out of the air and becomes a gooey mess. I think this is a standard practice for selling bulk GPC.

3) What is the daily recommended dosage for Alpha-GPC when combining it with pramiracitam?

There are no "recommended" dosages for experimental combinations like this. You need to be willing to do some searching on the forum, and some experimentation to see what works. It will depend on what your individual brain requires; anything from 100-1000mg/day might be reasonable.

4) Is a form of choline more preferred over the other (I.e. Alpha GPC vs CDP Choline vs Choline Citrate vs DMAE)? I used to use 500mg CDP-Choline along with about 2.4g of piracetam daily. I never really noticed an effect.

They all have slightly different mechanisms, and might affect neurotransmitters differently in different brains. There is really no definite answer to this question. Again, I recommend doing some reading here to gain an understanding of the issues involved.

5) I have a bottle of CDP Choline from Jarrow Formulas that has expired about 4 months ago, is this still good? It is unopened.

Expiration dates are pretty arbitrary. It really should be fine, unless it's been sitting in the sun, or something.

Edited by chrono, 14 November 2010 - 09:46 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 smoothVTer

• 19 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:07 PM

Thanks for the help!

The poster above is absolutely right: keep a detailed log of what you take, how much, and when you take it. Otherwise, trying to guess what is affecting you is near impossible. Use an excel spreadsheet, or a google spreadsheet (which is free)

Here's the way I did my own experimentation:

(1) 1st week: tried 500mg alpha-GPC ONLY in the mornings. Noted sleep, energy, concentration, etc. Took nothing else, except caffeine (yes, keep track of coffee too)

A day off w/o anything to clean out my system

(2) 2nd week: tried 500mg cdp-choline ONLY in the mornings. Noted results. etc.

A day off w/o anything to clean our my system.

(3) 3rd week: tried 500mg centrophenoxine ONLY in the mornings. Noted results. etc.

(4) 4th week: tried pyritinol 200mg ONLY in the mornings. Noted results, etc.

After the 4 weeks, I was ready to combine two substances per week:

(5) Tried 500mg alpha-GPC w/ 1.5g x 2 of piracetam
(6) 500mg alpha-GPC w/ 600mg pramiracetam
(7) 500mg alpha-GPC w/ 600mg x 2 aniracetam
(8) 500mg alpha-GPC w/ 600mg x 2 oxiracetam

Then after those 4 weeks, moved on to cdp-choline + those noots.

If you take the time to write down your combinations and your objective experiences from them, you can refer back to your notes and see what was working, what was not working; then once initial trials are over, create your own stack from what you know works while not wasting time on what does not.
  • like x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users