• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

pacifism

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 A941

• 1,027 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:21 PM

What do you think about pacifism?

Could it work, or is it a bad idea?

My personal opinion ist that it is a noble idea, but unfortunatly it won't work in reality.
If i put away my "club" and others, which are interessted to get my possesions etc., dont do the same, i will lose all i have, including my freedom, and/or life.

#2 ChromodynamicGirl

• 134 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:54 PM

I'm all for arming oneself, at least in our present situation, however the principle is not true on larger scales. Pacifism in the sense of being anti-war and anti-repression of the civil populous is quite workable.

#3 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:34 PM

I'm all for arming oneself, at least in our present situation, however the principle is not true on larger scales. Pacifism in the sense of being anti-war and anti-repression of the civil populous is quite workable.

It might be workable on a national scale, but not globally---where you'll always have compliance problems. Historically, whenever pacifism grows in popularity, tyrants reliably ruin the party, so I would lower your expectations. The persistence of war has a basis in the tragedy of the human condition, and the anarchic structure of the international system---which will never be meaningfully changed.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Vindex

• 80 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:00 PM

Could it work, or is it a bad idea?

It could be worked on. But sometimes I think we're just reptiles with big brains.
There's no point to war, if others can't see this then I'm forced to defend myself, obviously.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users