Photo
- - - - -

Reversing greying hair

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 DorianGrey

• 152 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

You have to boost the catalase level in the follicle. Manganese and copper supplementation seem to be a good starting point. Zinc I already take for a long time, although I recently learned the bioavailability of supplements isn't that great, so 10mg or more is advised.
http://voices.yahoo....ts-2799021.html
Any ideas on copper or manganese supplements? I guess topical is better?

I'll give the LLLT a shot with a 20$ 0.5mW comb, the greying is just starting so if that works I can still invest in something more powerful for long-term use.

Edited by DorianGrey, 10 June 2013 - 10:57 PM.

• dislike x 2

#32 drtom

• 84 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

It seems that the process of melanin production in hair follicles and deposition in hair shafts is different (and possibly more complex) than than in the skin.
Consequently, what increases melanin production in skin may not have an appreciable effect in follicles.
While it seems that decreased levels of catalase (and, perhaps, other antioxidant enzymes) allow H2O2 to oxidise sensitive parts of tyrosinase, many of the compounds shown to boost the expression and/or activity of catalase (eg; ellagic acid) also INHIBIT tyrosinase!
So presumably one would seek a compound that will boost catalase without concurrently inhibiting tyrosinase.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 AlexCanada

• 263 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

I have an unusual side effect with B12 methylcloblamin and that is some of my facial hair turns White. Within one day after dosing I  get a few prominent white/light eyebrows contrasting with my dark natural eyebrows. I also get these as facial hair under my nose if Ihaven't been shaving and also nasal hairs and for some reason it feels really itchy in there and I end up plucking some out. 

Can someone explain to me why this might be happening?   B12 also makes me feel a bit aggressive and sometimes unfriendly. Prone to anger. Which is unfortunate because it slightly improves my writing potential at times. 

Edited by AlexCanada, 16 January 2018 - 02:09 PM.

#34 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:56 PM

I have an unusual side effect with B12 methylcloblamin and that is some of my facial hair turns White. Within one day after dosing I  get a few prominent white/light eyebrows contrasting with my dark natural eyebrows. I also get these as facial hair under my nose if Ihaven't been shaving and also nasal hairs and for some reason it feels really itchy in there and I end up plucking some out. 

Can someone explain to me why this might be happening?   B12 also makes me feel a bit aggressive and sometimes unfriendly. Prone to anger. Which is unfortunate because it slightly improves my writing potential at times. 

It could be linked to COMT (too much dopamine induced by overmethylation)

#35 HaplogroupW

• 101 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:44 AM

It could be linked to COMT (too much dopamine induced by overmethylation)

https://www.snpedia....ndex.php/Rs4680

If that's what it is, you could try taking glycine to buffer the methyl groups to see if that helps. You can use it like sugar. Or get collagen from food or supplement.

#36 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:48 AM

Nicotinic acid together with l-carnitine is able to reverse some gray hair

• Needs references x 4
  • Disagree x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users