Photo
- - - - -

ALCAR, ATP, Ubiquinol, and Creatine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nubbin99

• 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:25 PM

I read that alcar helps to produce atp in the brain. Does creatine monohydrate cross the bbb? And if so, would it help to maintain the higher levels of atp that are produced by alcar? How would CoQ10 play into this? Also, is it true that Ubiquinol is a superior form of CoQ10?

Sorry for so many questions. I don't expect an answer for all of them, but any help is appreciated.

#2 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:23 AM

I've taken idebenone, creatine M, and ALCAR for substantial periods. Other than having extra arms protrude from my body like Ganesha, it was fine. Kidding, but I also took very high amounts of D-ribose as well, and I haven't run across any interactions on the boards.

#3 NR2(x)

• 253 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:14 PM

Creatine increase reverse digit recall in the general population, this is indicative of improved central executive function( prob least functional domain of general pop). I havent checked the research for it regarding parkinsons, but i think its positive. The real concern is liver and kidney stress, therefore i take 1gram ed, with FOOD. 2x 500mg ed would be better. I believe that creatine increases the levels of ATP that reach the cell membrane, so increase signal transduction, which is benefical.

Ubiquinol has superior bioaviability, but this doesnt make up for the price difference. CoQ10 is reduced in vivo to Ubiquinol by (endogenous r-AlA?), as r-ALA has benefits aswell, i take both.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users