Best places in the World to live

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 j03

• 592 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:31 AM

Where are they?

All things considered I rank:

Climate, amount of pretty women, health, demographics, purchasing price parity, education, etc. as criterion's for me. In that order.

#2 j03

• Topic Starter
  • 592 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:36 AM

Climate, amount of pretty women, health, demographics, purchasing price parity, education, etc. as criterion's for me. In that order.

And that's why I got to get out of Toronto lol Crappy weather and too many unattractive women.

I'm thinking either Miami, or Uruguay (has a 90% white population) - I'm not racist, but think I would feel out of place in any other South American country.

Edited by k4t, 20 November 2010 - 04:54 AM.

#3 j03

• Topic Starter
  • 592 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:22 AM

This is where I need to be:

Posted Image

Posted Image

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:42 AM

This is where I need to be:

Posted Image

Those buildings in the foreground aren't even real.

#5 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:21 PM

Those are probably my own priorities too. I find it funny too how Melbourne is always at the top of the list. Definitely don't think it deserves it.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#6 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:43 PM

Even with all of its deficits, I think I would still like to remain in the United States----if money and professional demands were no object. The most livable---and perhaps the most underrated cities----are Austin, Texas, Minneapolis, Minnesota, and Seattle, Washington.

Edited by Rol82, 05 February 2011 - 10:09 PM.

#7 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:11 AM

Even with all of its deficits, I think I would still like to remain in the United States----if money and professional demands were no object. The most livable---and perhaps the most underrated cities----are Austin, Texas, Minneapolis, Minnesota, and Seattle, Washington.

Wish your migration wasn't as tough as it is :(

#8 Zaul

• 120 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:17 AM

The World's Best Countries - Newsweek

#9 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:24 AM

The World's Best Countries - Newsweek

I prefer the UN's Human Development Index, but at least Newsweek is printing something worth reading.

#10 Lassus

• 24 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:28 AM

And that's why I got to get out of Toronto lol Crappy weather and too many unattractive women.

I'm thinking either Miami, or Uruguay (has a 90% white population) - I'm not racist, but think I would feel out of place in any other South American country.

LOL i live in Uruguay. Let me tell you, it sucks. If any canadian reading this wants to switch places with me PM me. ;-)

Ill take the first world over the third world any day of the week.

#11 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:16 AM

LOL i live in Uruguay. Let me tell you, it sucks. If any canadian reading this wants to switch places with me PM me. ;-)

As far as South America goes, I would say it's definitely one of the better countries. However, Chile is unquestionably the tops, though. But don't count out Colombia, because it's becoming remarkably more livable, and in my opinion, has one of the best nightlife scenes on the hemisphere---almost anything goes during Spring Break, but encouragingly, they restore the rule of law to its former state after the uni-kids get on their flights back to the depressing reality land.

#12 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:35 AM

Wish your migration wasn't as tough as it is :(

Oh, I wasn't actually living in these places, but I visit them frequently because one of my best friends forever lives in Austin, my favorite---and everyone's favorite---aunt lives in Seattle, and an eminently agreeable causal buddy used to live in Minneapolis. Yes, I went through a period when I didn't see anything wrong with flying across the country for sex, but at least I didn't have a large quantity of these sorts of attachments over the years. Because seriously, I've never been some sort of Casanova-like sex monster. Rather, I'm just really undaunted by the potential consequences of failure. And to be clear, it's not just the company, because all of these cities perform exceedingly well on the most important measures---like secondary education attainment, one of my favorite criterions.

Edited by Rol82, 14 February 2011 - 03:37 AM.

#13 j03

• Topic Starter
  • 592 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:09 PM

Lol yeah, first world.
Everyday is dark and gray and the sun hasn't been out in months. Everyday in the winter the sun starts to set at 4 PM!!! and after the sun goes down the temperature plummets and you got to run for shelter. Tonight it's expected to be minus 25 Celsius, and that's before the windchill. The people all walk around miserable and depressed and the women are all ugly.

The only positive is if you're poor. In Canada you get health care and welfare. Otherwise what's the advantage? You work more and are able to buy designer clothes and electronics? I'd rather be poor and living somewhere where you can see the sun at least

#14 j03

• Topic Starter
  • 592 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

I'd rank the best places to live as the Southern States in America (Florida, New Mexico, Arizona or California) or Southern Europe or Australia. America only sucks if you're poor, if that's the criterion then a Liberal country like Canada or some Scandinavian country would be tops. If you're rich, or middle class, America is the best!

Edited by Iosif, 21 February 2011 - 10:28 PM.

#15 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:13 AM

I'd rank the best places to live as the Southern States in America (Florida, New Mexico, Arizona or California) or Southern Europe or Australia. America only sucks if you're poor, if that's the criterion then a Liberal country like Canada or some Scandinavian country would be tops. If you're rich, or middle class, America is the best!

Yes, and our callous treatment of the poor is a badge of honor. More seriously, though, the declining fortunes of Arizona, California, and New Mexico would make me hesitant to consider long term residence, because everyone will pay in one way or another. But honestly, Australia would be one of my top choices.

#16 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:03 AM

But honestly, Australia would be one of my top choices.

Hahahaha. This country is a bogan ruled shit hole. The culture here is disgustingly anti-intellectual and corrupt. Also, our women, while white yet also tanned, are fat, unsophisticated, uncultured, uncultivated and classless.
  • dislike x 1

#17 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:11 AM

If you're rich, or middle class, America is the best!

Why's that? The middle class has had stangnangt wages like for decades. One would think that the cost of college education and health care would make it suck for the middle class, always having to worry about dropping to rock bottom if something goes wrong. And why exactly for the rich??

Edited by platypus, 22 February 2011 - 09:13 AM.

#18 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:50 PM

But honestly, Australia would be one of my top choices.

Hahahaha. This country is a bogan ruled shit hole. The culture here is disgustingly anti-intellectual and corrupt. Also, our women, while white yet also tanned, are fat, unsophisticated, uncultured, uncultivated and classless.

Are you serious? But you gave us Paul Hogan, the greatest screen actor and thinker to ever walk the Earth. In all honesty, though, Australia doesn't have the equivalent of a Paris, London, or New York, which might feel isolating. However, Australia---like New Zealand---performs admirably well on most indicators of performance, and because of cultural parallels, would feel closest to the States. As far the women, I think you're making a unfounded whopper of a generalization, since my experiences with the ladies down under was quite different.

#19 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:06 PM

http://www.google.co...YOpOAZw&cad=rja

#20 Delta Gamma

• 265 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:06 AM

I'd have to say that Vancouver is high up on my list of best places to live as is Boston. Vancouver is about as liberal as you can get without getting into that self absorbed ignorant hippy mess that a lot of other large liberal cities in Canada/US are like. Its multicultural, fairly well educated, wealthy (but for the love of god avoid the poor cities around it), for the most part safe, and the ganja is EVERYWHERE if you're into that.

#21 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:14 PM

Vancouver sounds great except that the cost of living is high.

#22 j03

• Topic Starter
  • 592 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:37 AM

I'd have to say that Vancouver is high up on my list of best places to live as is Boston. Vancouver is about as liberal as you can get without getting into that self absorbed ignorant hippy mess that a lot of other large liberal cities in Canada/US are like. Its multicultural, fairly well educated, wealthy (but for the love of god avoid the poor cities around it), for the most part safe, and the ganja is EVERYWHERE if you're into that.

Vancouver = 40 % white 30% Indians 30% Asians. That's not multiculturalism, that's colonization!

#23 j03

• Topic Starter
  • 592 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:42 AM

The best city to live in Canada is Montreal! French Canadian people are all really good looking as apposed to the rest of Canada. Plus it's Europe meets North America and there's lots more culture. It's my favorite North American city next to Miami.

#24 beachbum

• 14 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:57 AM

I live in Sihanoukville, Cambodia. It is my favorite place in the world (and I have lived in seven different countries and been to many others). I feel like I went to heaven without having to die first. Despite what the news (propaganda) media might lead you to believe, Cambodia may be the country where there is the most freedom on earth. No one cares what you do so long as it doesn't impact other people. There is practically no crime against person or property (fortunately, guns are not allowed). The climate here in Sihanoukville is perfect for me - I need neither air-conditioning or a heater ( a fan suffices, and some days even that is not needed). I live walking distance and biking distance from several excellent beaches, for about the price of a utility bill in the U.S. The cost of living here is maybe 20% of that in the U.S.
P.S. I am founding an aging science institute here called Vida Institute. The website isn't finished yet, but it will be at
Vida Institute for Aging Science

#25 beachbum

• 14 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:08 AM

P.S. The women here (Sihanoukville,Cambodia) have excellent bodies, and even the most hopeless, ugly, old foreigner can get a young attractive girlfriend or wife here.

#26 Delta Gamma

• 265 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:04 AM

Vancouver = 40 % white 30% Indians 30% Asians. That's not multiculturalism, that's colonization!

Food's good and women are exotic, hot and just the right amount of easy. If that doesn't float your boat that's your problem haha. Unless we Canadians step up our birthrate its not colonization its maintenance.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#27 Elus

• 793 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:21 AM

Posted Image

I would imagine a place like this would be fairly nice to live in :).

(For those interested, it's the Conrad Maldives Hotel. If only I was wealthy enough to go there!)

Edited by Elus, 04 March 2011 - 06:23 AM.

• like x 1

#28 chris w

• 740 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:41 PM

Looks great, but for some reason I would feel uneasy going to sleep under TONS OF WATER haha, always have some healthy distrust towards human engineering.

I used to work for three summer months near Amsterdam in 2007, and to me that town is where it's at. Women were fine and open, both native and immigrant, and brothaz on every third corner trying to sell you some substance. Of course, that was before I got interested in life extension :) . And lately I've been reading that their government is getting less liberal about the hookers and ganja, so hurry up !

#29 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

I live in Sihanoukville, Cambodia. It is my favorite place in the world (and I have lived in seven different countries and been to many others). I feel like I went to heaven without having to die first. Despite what the news (propaganda) media might lead you to believe, Cambodia may be the country where there is the most freedom on earth. No one cares what you do so long as it doesn't impact other people. There is practically no crime against person or property (fortunately, guns are not allowed). The climate here in Sihanoukville is perfect for me - I need neither air-conditioning or a heater ( a fan suffices, and some days even that is not needed). I live walking distance and biking distance from several excellent beaches, for about the price of a utility bill in the U.S. The cost of living here is maybe 20% of that in the U.S.
P.S. I am founding an aging science institute here called Vida Institute. The website isn't finished yet, but it will be at
Vida Institute for Aging Science

Fascinating. Do you think Sihanoukville is different from the rest of Cambodia? Because, as you say, mainstream media portrays Cambodia in general as the riskiest place in the world to live. I don't know whether the kidnapping rates are true or not, but they sure don't sound nice.

Edited by JLL, 05 March 2011 - 05:20 PM.

#30 drus

• 278 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:39 PM

overall, Canada is the best place to live in the world, followed secondly by the US and then the UK. Japan would be 4th on my list if it wasn't for the recent earthquakes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users