Photo
- - - - -

Non-responders = already smart?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 markl323

• 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:24 AM

Do you think people who don't respond to the racetams are already smart they can't benefit from the drugs? What is your theory?

#2 csoki

• 33 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:01 AM

That's come in to my mand also. I have very weak effect from piracetam and oxiracetam, maybe it's just placebo in my case (aniracetam has anxiolytic effects on me but not sure about nootropic side either).

This is just the same with modafinil: some people report that they became much more effective at work and/or while studying. I didn't really noticed anything like this, so I just came up with the conclusion that I don't have any ADD kind of problems, so I only get the no sleepiness effect...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:56 AM

Do you think people who don't respond to the racetams are already smart they can't benefit from the drugs? What is your theory?

:laugh: Maybe your to cool for nootropics.... :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJMfTMlRF68
:cool:

Answered!~

#4 markl323

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:09 PM

:laugh: Maybe your to cool for nootropics.... :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJMfTMlRF68
:cool:

Answered!~

perhaps I should have elaborated on my question to avoid misunderstanding. I haven't tried them. I'm just wondering why some people don't respond to these supplements. According to the poll here, about 1/3 didn't notice any positive effects. I have ADD my brain works much better on Adderall and Ephedrine. Even Gingko Biloba helps.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:41 AM

Nootropics tend to act on certain pathways in the brain, strengthening or re-channeling their neurological composition. For example the racetams' increase the inter-hemispheric connections between the left and right hemispheres of the brain through promoting growth in the corpus callosum, and I presume theres always room for growth in these areas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users